Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m trying to figure out how you use hair removing cream round your butt hole 🤦🏼‍♀️🫣 do you have to stay in a squat position?!
I used to and same with bikini but now I just walk around and it doesn’t seem to make any difference!

ETA sorry for the longest post ever above! I somehow missed this #2 til today and saved it for bedtime to catch up with 🥰

Reactions: 2
Love this thread!! I'm trying to update my look and make me feel more confident and put together so this is great thanks girls!!

I've ordered some dermaplaning razors as I have lots of blond facial hair that I feel makes me make up look terrible!!

Reactions: 1
I love dermaplaning.

everyone worries that it makes the hair grow back thicker etc but it really doesn’t.

i’m a hairy gal, and threading/waxing always leaves me breaking out so this works well for me and i love how my skincare sinks in and how make up looks when I first do it.

i would love to get it done professionally but i don’t have the money atm 😩

Can someone point me in the direction of a good treretinol?

I’m loving all these tips and tricks thank you!

going to start dermaplaning myself, can’t believe it’s never occurred to me to do it myself before

Can someone point me in the direction of a good treretinol?

I’m loving all these tips and tricks thank you!

going to start dermaplaning myself, can’t believe it’s never occurred to me to do it myself before
i had some differin prescribed by my gp. I’m sure they can prescribe a tretnoi, or you can buy it in boots online prescription page But it can be a bit pricey

While I've been reading these threads & reviewing my wardrobe, I've put loads of things I no longer want on Vinted, and sold them all. Very very satisfying to replace several cheaper clothes with one really good handbag, without actually spending any money.
Now I'm just waiting for the autumn when I can wear the smarter things without melting.

Reactions: 6
What do everyone find are the best tweezers for grabbing those hairs that refuse to be pulled? I have some thiccccc hairs on my sideburns/neck that need to be managed, but even my tweezermans sometimes balk at the job! I've tried waxing but with my sensitive skin, I can't go over the area more than once and these hairs are just like... nah I'm staying kthnx.

I've tried laser, and it didn't work (though it worked in other areas) and I don't have PCOS, I'm just really unfortunate in where my hairs grow.

Oh my good lord I love dermaplaning, it helps my makeup sit a million times better and my glycolic acid works better I'm sure. I don't rate retinol for my skin, but I have dry skin so I don't feel like it's for me anyway, I use glycolic to kee
What body lotions do you use?
I have a huge litre bottle of Oribe Body Lotion from Harrods I bought on sale, I also have the litre bottle of the body wash (cote d'azur scent) so I use that everyday and then Boots 8hr spf on top.

If I'm going out in the evening I'll wear the matching body lotion to my perfume if I can.

What body lotions do you use?
Neutrogena Deep Moisture, the hypoallergenic one as it's unscented. It's amazing.

Been using it for 20 years, every now and again I've tried something new, but nothing is ever as good. I even decant it into a small pot when I'm going away! It's often on offer at Boots so I awyays stock up.

I'll use a scented one to match my perfume on top of the neutrogena :)

What do everyone find are the best tweezers for grabbing those hairs that refuse to be pulled? I have some thiccccc hairs on my sideburns/neck that need to be managed, but even my tweezermans sometimes balk at the job! I've tried waxing but with my sensitive skin, I can't go over the area more than once and these hairs are just like... nah I'm staying kthnx.

I've tried laser, and it didn't work (though it worked in other areas) and I don't have PCOS, I'm just really unfortunate in where my hairs grow.
Have you tried threading? It’s brilliant

i would love to get it done professionally but i don’t have the money atm 😩
I had it professionally done a couple of times before covid (with a facial etc) and I don't think you're missing out tbh! I don't think there's any difference, obviously missing the facial part but the actual dermaplaning is exactly the same

I had it professionally done a couple of times before covid (with a facial etc) and I don't think you're missing out tbh! I don't think there's any difference, obviously missing the facial part but the actual dermaplaning is exactly the same
oh really? I assumed a scalpel would get an even cleaner finish.
Maybe i’ll save my future money then 🤣 thank you

Hi girls,

Sorry for the stupid question? but what are BIAB nails and do they last longer than the Gel Bottle etc.? I live overseas and gel never lasts on me, even when I ask for the 'hard rubber base' or whatever they call it here.

Love reading your tips, I am blonde, sounds gross but I have dark hair (quite long) by my belly button. I have tweezed this but they gross back. Do you think I should get them waxed?

Can anyone recommend a facial SPF that dries natural/matte and works with makeup? I am naturally dry but the moment I try to use sun cream, I turn into an oil slick!

Can anyone recommend a facial SPF that dries natural/matte and works with makeup? I am naturally dry but the moment I try to use sun cream, I turn into an oil slick!
Ultrasun Face factor spf 30. Once a day application. Makes an ideal base for makeup.

They also do a tinted version if you want to skip a make up step.

Shop around. It’s always on offer somewhere.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.