Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi girls,

Sorry for the stupid question? but what are BIAB nails and do they last longer than the Gel Bottle etc.? I live overseas and gel never lasts on me, even when I ask for the 'hard rubber base' or whatever they call it here.

Love reading your tips, I am blonde, sounds gross but I have dark hair (quite long) by my belly button. I have tweezed this but they gross back. Do you think I should get them waxed?
BIAB is the gel bottle’s builder gel. It’s basically a hard gel that makes your nails feel stronger/less flexible (I know when I have just gel they sometimes feel like they bend). My own natural nails grow a lot more when I have BIAB on.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi girls,

Sorry for the stupid question? but what are BIAB nails and do they last longer than the Gel Bottle etc.? I live overseas and gel never lasts on me, even when I ask for the 'hard rubber base' or whatever they call it here
BIAB is builder in a bottle. The one I get is the Gel Bottle. It lasts about 4 weeks and you can have it infilled rather than removed completely

Hi girls,

Sorry for the stupid question? but what are BIAB nails and do they last longer than the Gel Bottle etc.? I live overseas and gel never lasts on me, even when I ask for the 'hard rubber base' or whatever they call it here.

Love reading your tips, I am blonde, sounds gross but I have dark hair (quite long) by my belly button. I have tweezed this but they gross back. Do you think I should get them waxed?
Others answered re BIAB but if your gel isn't lasting you could ask them to use a dehydrator product before applying the gel, or if it's chipping etc ask for a thin layer of clear BIAB over the actual colour.

Re the hairs I would laser them.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Anyone suggest a body lotion that can help wrinkles and dull skin please
Have you tried Dove?

What do everyone find are the best tweezers for grabbing those hairs that refuse to be pulled? I have some thiccccc hairs on my sideburns/neck that need to be managed, but even my tweezermans sometimes balk at the job! I've tried waxing but with my sensitive skin, I can't go over the area more than once and these hairs are just like... nah I'm staying kthnx.

I've tried laser, and it didn't work (though it worked in other areas) and I don't have PCOS, I'm just really unfortunate in where my hairs grow.
Have you got the pointed ones? They are good at grabbing the hairs that don’t want to come out!
EACE6381-4D1A-41CF-9B34-4E6AF61CD283.jpeg

Can anyone recommend a tried and tested high strength vitamin c serum? I am useless with skincare but I’d read that vitamin c is great so I’ve tried the Sunday Reily one which is really good and definitely made a difference to my skin but it’s £70 for a small bottle so I’m on the look out for another. If there is no other decent ones for less than that I’ll make the sacrifice but I thought I’d throw it out there to this fabulous group first!

Can anyone recommend a tried and tested high strength vitamin c serum? I am useless with skincare but I’d read that vitamin c is great so I’ve tried the Sunday Reily one which is really good and definitely made a difference to my skin but it’s £70 for a small bottle so I’m on the look out for another. If there is no other decent ones for less than that I’ll make the sacrifice but I thought I’d throw it out there to this fabulous group first!
Depending on your budget, i love the Medik8 one.

Look up the caudalie vinoperfect serum, They say it’s 62% more effective than vitamin c for brightening etc… I’ve had amazing results with it in a short time £48 but can get discounts online too 🤗

Reactions: 3
Has anyone done a Hydrafacial? Thoughts if so?
I haven’t but my friend has and her skin was absolutely glowing! I’m looking into getting one myself but the ones in my area are £140 which I think is so expensive. I could get Botox that lasts 6 months for that 😂

• Heart
Sounds just right for daily use for me. Will get some!

Can anyone recommend a facial SPF that dries natural/matte and works with makeup? I am naturally dry but the moment I try to use sun cream, I turn into an oil slick!
Sali Hughes column this week….

Last edited:
Anyone suggest a body lotion that can help wrinkles and dull skin please
1. Once, I overheard a lady said that even when she was not diabetic she loved to use a body lotion made for diabetic people because it was so much hydrating than dove.

2. There are woman that swear by applying pork butter keeps their skin tight. I have not tried this.

My personal tip: oil before bed time.

I use the Sanctuary in-shower body moisturisers as it's so much more convenient, and really works!

Has anyone ever used the Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Eye Base for under eyes? I’ve heard really good things about the original face base but I’m interested in the one for eyes/under eyes. I’ve always had fine lines under my eyes as I’ve quite an expressive face and makeup would always settle in them, but now that I’m 30 I feel like it’s becoming more noticeable. I’ve tried different concealers and formulas and different powders but nothing makes much of a difference. Not looking for the lines to completely disappear obviously, just something to make them less obvious and not as ‘crepe’ looking.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.