Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been following this thread with interest from the beginning and I’m loving the tips! Over the past few years I’ve really upped my game as I work in the forefront of a company and I need to look groomed although I’m pretty lazy. Here are my tips -

- fake tan will give you a healthy glow instantly. I use TanLuxe drops in winter to build up a colour, and Bondi Sands during the warmer months

- make up - others have mentioned Bourjeoius makeup and I rate it! Also Elf eyebrow pencils are great and Maybelline lip gloss is fab. I don’t over do it, just a eyebrows, a cat flick eyeliner, mascara, bronzer, blusher and a bit of gloss. Takes 10 mins

-I have thick and curly hair and recently bought a Babyliss hot air brush. Game changer. I use it once a week after I wash my hair,then use a satin bonnet every night. Literally perfect hair for a week and takes 30 mins to do. A bit of serum keeps it tame!

- I’ve had my brows laminated a few times then tried with a kit off Amazon and did it just as well. £12 for multiple uses rather than £45 a time

- I don’t have time for manicures so I do my cuticles and file once a week, and use Barry M air polish in cupcake. 2 coats last a week and if it chips it’s not noticeable. It’s way better than YSL and Chanel which I used to buy and it’s like £3

- keep your hair close to your natural colour. I have a balayage and if it lightens too much, I darken the roots with a root smudge. It’s low maintenance!

- keep your clothes neutral so you can create a capsule wardrobe. I wear neutrals and classic cuts so everything is interchangeable. I tend to buy H&M and Zara and dress it up with a designer handbag (or a good quality leather one.) People notice cheap shoes and bags - they’re always a giveaway so spend more on them and team them with cheaper basics

- I’ve started getting Botox and filler. Very subtle but has totally changed my face and given me so much more confidence! I don’t want to look younger, I just want to look a good version of me

- use Tretinoin. I’ve been using it for 2 years via skin and me and it’s miracle stuff! It’s totally transformed my skin. For cleansing I use their cleanser but Cerave is very good and cheap. Same with their moisturiser. Also double cleanse but you don’t need expensive products, just something with tretinoin, azalic acid and niacimide. Maybe a bit of vitamin c serum in the morning but ALWAYS spf 50! If I could turn back time I’d be dowsing myself in it from my teens! No point using retinol other than tretinoin in my opinion - it’s just not strong enough.

- look after your teeth! They’re a dead giveaway to your health. I’ve now got Invisalign and wish I’d got them years ago. I want good, natural looking teeth, not big white gnashers, which Invisalign, a bit of composite bonding and white will give me

- I’m blessed with whiskers and a tash so I’ve started dermaplaning. Takes a few minutes every few days and it’s fab. I buy a big pack of razors from Amazon

- Leg/bikini hair, I shave. I used to wax but it’s finding the time and living with regrowth. If I do it every day it takes minutes. For my bum I use hair removal cream once a week

- a spritz of perfume speaks volumes. I wear Dior, Chanel and Diptyque

I think that’s all 😂 I do sound high maintenance but I promise I’m not - these are all easy things and without blowing my own trumpet, even pre Botox people commented they thought I was 10 years younger than I am.
Tell us more about the dermaplaning facial things from Amazon!

Great Post, I love this thread :)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Tell us more about the dermaplaning facial things from Amazon!

Great Post, I love this thread :)
I use either the Wilkinson ones or a pack of about 50 dermaplaning blades (they’re about £4.) I watched a few YouTube videos to learn how to do it - trick is, is to hold them at an angle and almost flick it up and down. They’re sharp and I have cut myself a couple of times!

I began just doing my upper lip, neck and chin, but then I started to do my cheeks and forehead. It’s addictive!

I haven’t noticed any thicker regrowth but you do need to do it at least once a week, especially if you have whiskers like me!

It also exfoliates so your skin really glows afterwards too. I love it!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I absolutely love reading these threads 🥰

I always feel never put together or messy even though I am constantly buying new Clothes , make up , hair and skin care. I feel like I haven’t really found my style and what it is yet.

I am 29 and obsessed with skincare I love the image and ordinary range however I recently started Botox and cannot recommend it enough I am always getting compliments on how hydrated my skin looks , I also have small bit of lip filler which I also love , one thing I dislike about me is I have a double chin and dislike my side profile and someone recommended chin filler had anyone here ever had it before and noticed a difference? Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask.

Keep the tips coming I’m loving reading them all, you all sound fab 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I dermablade about once a month and I’m amazed at the dead skin that comes off as much as the peach fuzz

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Dermablading. Is that something you have to do for life once you have started? Otherwise the hair grows back thicker? I don’t actually know what it is.

Reactions: 4
Dermablading. Is that something you have to do for life once you have started? Otherwise the hair grows back thicker? I don’t actually know what it is.
I'd love to know the answer to this too? Like what is the benefit of having all that fuzz taken off the face? Does make up look better?

Reactions: 3
I wanna have a bikini wax before my holiday but last time I had one (years ago) I came up in big red hot bumps where the hair had been ripped out. I don’t know if I was allergic to the wax or if my skin (quite rightly) doesn’t like having the hair ripped out at the root. I went Brazilian too so my entire ‘region’ was very angry!

Anyone else had this? Should I try again? She used hot wax and a spatula.
duck it, just go with a full grown bush 😂

I’ve been following this thread with interest from the beginning and I’m loving the tips! Over the past few years I’ve really upped my game as I work in the forefront of a company and I need to look groomed although I’m pretty lazy. Here are my tips -

- fake tan will give you a healthy glow instantly. I use TanLuxe drops in winter to build up a colour, and Bondi Sands during the warmer months

- make up - others have mentioned Bourjeoius makeup and I rate it! Also Elf eyebrow pencils are great and Maybelline lip gloss is fab. I don’t over do it, just a eyebrows, a cat flick eyeliner, mascara, bronzer, blusher and a bit of gloss. Takes 10 mins

-I have thick and curly hair and recently bought a Babyliss hot air brush. Game changer. I use it once a week after I wash my hair,then use a satin bonnet every night. Literally perfect hair for a week and takes 30 mins to do. A bit of serum keeps it tame!

- I’ve had my brows laminated a few times then tried with a kit off Amazon and did it just as well. £12 for multiple uses rather than £45 a time

- I don’t have time for manicures so I do my cuticles and file once a week, and use Barry M air polish in cupcake. 2 coats last a week and if it chips it’s not noticeable. It’s way better than YSL and Chanel which I used to buy and it’s like £3

- keep your hair close to your natural colour. I have a balayage and if it lightens too much, I darken the roots with a root smudge. It’s low maintenance!

- keep your clothes neutral so you can create a capsule wardrobe. I wear neutrals and classic cuts so everything is interchangeable. I tend to buy H&M and Zara and dress it up with a designer handbag (or a good quality leather one.) People notice cheap shoes and bags - they’re always a giveaway so spend more on them and team them with cheaper basics

- I’ve started getting Botox and filler. Very subtle but has totally changed my face and given me so much more confidence! I don’t want to look younger, I just want to look a good version of me

- use Tretinoin. I’ve been using it for 2 years via skin and me and it’s miracle stuff! It’s totally transformed my skin. For cleansing I use their cleanser but Cerave is very good and cheap. Same with their moisturiser. Also double cleanse but you don’t need expensive products, just something with tretinoin, azalic acid and niacimide. Maybe a bit of vitamin c serum in the morning but ALWAYS spf 50! If I could turn back time I’d be dowsing myself in it from my teens! No point using retinol other than tretinoin in my opinion - it’s just not strong enough.

- look after your teeth! They’re a dead giveaway to your health. I’ve now got Invisalign and wish I’d got them years ago. I want good, natural looking teeth, not big white gnashers, which Invisalign, a bit of composite bonding and white will give me

- I’m blessed with whiskers and a tash so I’ve started dermaplaning. Takes a few minutes every few days and it’s fab. I buy a big pack of razors from Amazon

- Leg/bikini hair, I shave. I used to wax but it’s finding the time and living with regrowth. If I do it every day it takes minutes. For my bum I use hair removal cream once a week

I think that’s all 😂 I do sound high maintenance but I promise I’m not - these are all easy things and without blowing my own trumpet, even pre Botox people commented they thought I was 10 years younger than I am.
I wish I had the commitment that you do 😂 what hair removal cream do you use on your backside? I feel like I’m stroking a cat every time I touch mine 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 13
duck it, just go with a full grown bush 😂

I wish I had the commitment that you do 😂 what hair removal cream do you use on your backside? I feel like I’m stroking a cat every time I touch mine 😩
I swear these are quick fixes - I’m lazy and don’t have a lot of time!

I use Veet which I pick up in savers. Once a week and jobs a gooden 😂

Reactions: 1

Sounds amazing! Thank you for sharing. I love how simple your make up routine sounds. Do you use primer and just blush and bronzer on top? What gloss do you recommend?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Sounds amazing! Thank you for sharing. I love how simple your make up routine sounds. Do you use primer and just blush and bronzer on top? What gloss do you recommend?
I cleanse, if I’m looking a bit tired then Vit C serum, moisturise and SPF (I use La Roche Posay Factor 50 - pricey but the best one I’ve found and lasts ages.)

Literally a bit of eyeliner, brow pencil, brow gel, mascara on top and bottom lashes, bronzer (I use St Tropez which is non shimmer - if I want shimmer I use a Rimmel one.) A bit if blusher (again Rimmel although I did fall in love with a Charlotte Tilbury one!) Sometimes a bit of highlighter and then Maybelline gloss - I use their lifter gloss in Moon or CT lipstick in Pillow Talk.

Seriously takes me about 10 mins and if I want coverage I use Borgeious foundation.

• Heart
I think dermaplaning is a step too far for me! I quite like peach fuzz! Each to their own. Although I am diligent about chin hairs. It’s a thing as you get older. They sprout over night. I think some people get nostril hairs too which they have to trim. Thankfully I don’t have to do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I second dermaplaning! I don't know if there's any science to this but I feel like my skincare can actually sink in better etc without all the face hair too? Maybe because it's not just hair but dead skin and whatever else. So cheap and so effective.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think dermaplaning is a step too far for me! I quite like peach fuzz! Each to their own. Although I am diligent about chin hairs. It’s a thing as you get older. They sprout over night. I think some people get nostril hairs too which they have to trim. Thankfully I don’t have to do that.
I am planning on trying my IPL all over my chin, neck area... would that be effective? I also was thinking to try it on my mustache.

Reactions: 1
I love all the tips and thank you @harveydean for yours I'm going to try find Cupcake by Barry M (I've just seen what a gorgeous shade it is).
I also do dermaplaning (I got a massive packet from Amazon for cheap) once a week to take care of my chin hair, upper lip and sideburns (I like to keep them tidy). It leaves a nice glow on your skin, and after I do it, I pat a little bit of vitamin E cream to keep the skin soft and hydrated. Re chin hair - I started getting them a couple of years ago - I'm relieved to read that others get them, as I was so worried and self-conscious when I spotted mine. I hate mine because my hair is so dark that it stands out from my skin - I can't do laser hair removal as I have psoriasis and my doctor has told me it will exacerbate it. I'm fine doing dermaplaning for now, and keeping an eye on the situation

• Heart
For those like me who are new to this thread, here is the link to the first thread
I’m so jealous of anyone who gets to read through the first thread all in one go!

Thanks everyone! I’ve been thinking about it for ages and think it’s time now 😂
You won’t regret it! I wouldn’t be without it now. Pausing / going longer between sessions just now as I’m egg freezing but the second that’s done I’m in there like a shot 😂💉

I have the Philips Lumea and love it. I bought it in summer 2019, did however many recommended initial sessions and then barely needed to use it after that. I don’t think I’ve touched it in 18 months. I’m not sure it’s marketed as permanent hair removal but I’ve seen hardly any regrowth.

I am also very pale with dark hair which definitely helped.
I have that too and am pretty pleased. It got rid of all dark hairs pretty easily, didn’t do a great job on the blonde leg hairs but they’re easier to deal with anyway. Still waiting to see how it does on the hairs that are in between dark and blonde! Tbh if I was feeling flush I’d just pay for a full course in a salon as their lasers are more powerful, but these days, ain’t gonna happen!

Actually on that note - any fairer haired ladies found a permanent removal method? I’ve heard electrolysis is good but slow and pricey.

Love this thread.
How can I improve the dark circles under my eyes?
I don’t know if you’d consider this but I have a friend with super dark circles and some bags too. She got a tiny bit of filler under there and it looked absolutely incredible. I have bags too and darkness but I’m too scared - but it honestly looked amazingly good on her. She used to always look tired (she wouldn’t mind me saying that as I’m exactly the same) and it took years off her.

Last edited:
I kind of like pulling out my chin hairs esp the dark ones 😂 it’s become a satisfying habit.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.