Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone ever used the Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Eye Base for under eyes? I’ve heard really good things about the original face base but I’m interested in the one for eyes/under eyes. I’ve always had fine lines under my eyes as I’ve quite an expressive face and makeup would always settle in them, but now that I’m 30 I feel like it’s becoming more noticeable. I’ve tried different concealers and formulas and different powders but nothing makes much of a difference. Not looking for the lines to completely disappear obviously, just something to make them less obvious and not as ‘crepe’ looking.
I tried this but it’s quite fragranced . I personally love the ole henriksen banana bright under eye cream or the kiehls avocado eye cream

I’m having my eyebrows micro bladed in a few weeks. Any tips?
Use plenty of numbing cream ! Seriously it’s not too bad more uncomfortable but a weird sensation. & get used to washing your hair in weird positions so you don’t wet your eyebrows for a few weeks.

Reactions: 2
Take paracetamol before you go. I know most people say it’s not that bad and I don’t want to scare you, but I found it really painful even with a double dose of numbing cream. Perhaps I’m just a wimp!

Reactions: 3
- keep your clothes neutral so you can create a capsule wardrobe. I wear neutrals and classic cuts so everything is interchangeable. I tend to buy H&M and Zara and dress it up with a designer handbag (or a good quality leather one.) People notice cheap shoes and bags - they’re always a giveaway so spend more on them and team them with cheaper basics
I love your tips!!

What's the best clothing items to start with when starting a capsule wardrobe would you say?
I really want to change up my style, I'm almost 30 and I live in leggings and baggy jumpers/tshits.
I really want a big change and to look more "put together" and nice haha!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Take paracetamol before you go. I know most people say it’s not that bad and I don’t want to scare you, but I found it really painful even with a double dose of numbing cream. Perhaps I’m just a wimp!
I found it really bad as well - worse than lip filler - definitely not just you

No alcohol, no caffeine and no pain before micro blading . They will all make you bleed more.

it is very uncomfortable but not unbearable. Think plucking nose hair! And it’s not at all sore once it’s done. Keeping it dry for the two wks after is a nightmare though!

I tried this but it’s quite fragranced . I personally love the ole henriksen banana bright under eye cream or the kiehls avocado eye cream
I second Kiehls avocado eye cream! It goes on so well, very hydrating and you only need to use a small amount

Reactions: 1
Full disclosure I don't have either, but was looking at Zara perfumes a few days ago and came across this website which lists it as a dupe for Lost Cherry! Might be helpful for others looking at the Zara perfumes too, I'm tempted to buy one or two for everyday wear

I really rate the zara perfumes! I've got ebony wood and rose gourmand and they smell lush. I'm deffo going to get some more soon!

yes and it's transformed my skin! The hyaluronic acid and squalene sleep mask are absolutely lush.
Has anyone tried the Boots Ingredients range?

Just be prepared to hate them for the first few days, if anything like me I was a bit swollen that made them look bigger than I wanted and they where a lot darker in colour, I started to like them about day 5 👍🏻 Iv had them done now for over 4year and I love them 😍 iv only had them topped up once and that was the initial one you go for not long after you have them done to correct anything, they have kept the colour really well 👍🏻 Good luck

Reactions: 6
I just ordered an extra strong antiperspirant, Yerka. Was on my radar for years, I'm sadly not one of those people who look freshly showered regardless of the weather, but more of the type that sweats even in winter :rolleyes: couldn't take it anymore today, I think it's been worse this year than it used to be. I hope it arrives fast, it's one of those things you apply for a couple of days and then you shouldn't sweat as much anymore on that area.

Reactions: 3
Microfibres turbans and towels. These really do smooth hair if you suffer from frizz, but without fail the towels start to smell mouldy after a few weeks. I invested in a special anti mould one https://britishbeautyblogger.com/hair/aquis-copper-sure-rapid-dry-hair-wrap/ - and whilst my hair was improved frizz wise, the same mouldy smell emerged on the towel, and on my hair. I washed it as per the instructions. Had to bin it. The whiff would not go.

I am about to try again, the frizz is getting to me. This time I am going to wash my hair, use a microfibre turban, dry the towel out, put it aside in the wash. I have bought 2 packs of 3, from Amazon, for the same price as the one in the link above. When I have used up the last one I am going to wash them without fabric softener which is usually the instruction.

Does anyone use these microfibre towels/turbans without the whiffy smell?

Microfibres turbans and towels. These really do smooth hair if you suffer from frizz, but without fail the towels start to smell mouldy after a few weeks. I invested in a special anti mould one https://britishbeautyblogger.com/hair/aquis-copper-sure-rapid-dry-hair-wrap/ - and whilst my hair was improved frizz wise, the same mouldy smell emerged on the towel, and on my hair. I washed it as per the instructions. Had to bin it. The whiff would not go.

I am about to try again, the frizz is getting to me. This time I am going to wash my hair, use a microfibre turban, dry the towel out, put it aside in the wash. I have bought 2 packs of 3, from Amazon, for the same price as the one in the link above. When I have used up the last one I am going to wash them without fabric softener which is usually the instruction.

I’ve never had mine go dank and I sometimes use them for wearing an all day treatment then save for a wash the next day before I wash the turban. I don’t dry it out and always use fabric softener for everything. I got a cheapo microfibre one from Lidl and it’s great, not too short so fastens without tugging. Have you tried white vinegar and baking soda in the washes?

I’ve never had mine go dank and I sometimes use them for wearing an all day treatment then save for a wash the next day before I wash the turban. I don’t dry it out and always use fabric softener for everything. I got a cheapo microfibre one from Lidl and it’s great, not too short so fastens without tugging. Have you tried white vinegar and baking soda in the washes?
No, I haven’t tried that mix. Maybe it’s my hair….eek!

I’ve been using some rather cheap ones by Decathlon for a few years now and wash my hair daily. I know the musty smell you mean, but it wasn’t as bad, washing it at 60 degrees took care of it. It says on the label to not wash this hot, but I tend to wash towels at least every other wash on the hot cycle, as I find they’ll smell otherwise. It doesn’t seem to do any harm either.

Maybe don’t dry it out before washing and try and just wash straightaway? I suffer with ‘strong smelling’ hair so wouldn’t say it’s your hair 😀
I was going to wash them on their own, so don’t want to just wash one. That is why I bought 6 cheap ones. Was going to wash hair, make sure it drys and then put in washing basket until I have enough to do a load.

My husband puts microfibre cloths he uses to clean the car in a wash, no softener, on their own. They don’t smell. Not sure why my hair ones go whiffy!

They definitely help my frizz so hope they stay sweet smelling!

Can anyone recommend a facial SPF that dries natural/matte and works with makeup? I am naturally dry but the moment I try to use sun cream, I turn into an oil slick!
Vichy, it's amazing.
I use it on my boobage and backs of hands too
Make up goes on perfectly
It smells nice and fresh, but the smell goes really quickly, you hardly know you're wearing a high SPF
I stock up on it when Boots have it on offer, picture is my favourite one :)

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.