Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I’ve been using the body shop eye makeup remover for donkeys years. It’s currently out of stock near me so I’m struggling to find an alternative

Hi all. Im loving these threads, spent most of last night and this morning reading the first one, added lots of goodies to my wish list!

Can anyone recommend an eyebrow tint in taupe/ash brown? I’ve tried several and they’re always too warm/too dark. My natural brows are very ashy blonde/grey tones and I really struggle to find a good match! TIA!

FatherJackHackett

Chatty Member
I have dry hair and suffer from some hair loss due to hypothyroidism and PCOS so I understand the struggle. I also have pretty unruly curly hair which feels like a birds nest at the best of times! Feel like I’ve tried everything on the market but one that I’ve been really liking recently is Wella Professionals Invigo Nutri-Enrich Deep Nourishing Mask. I also bought a Wella hair oil for my ends and I’ve been really liking that too. I don’t think I’ll ever be loyal to a specific product and quite enjoy trying new things. I will say that Olaplex should only be used if your hair is damaged, otherwise it will do more harm than good.

Thank you so much, I'll def look into this! X

margaretta

VIP Member
I have very dark hair but have loads of highlights, mine is a caramel colour, in between this I dye my roots myself but use the tubes of colour and a developer and buy this off EBay or Amazon. I was told by my hairdresser that it’s better not to use box dye as it’s harder to lift it out of your hair when they do the highlights. I last had mine highlighted about 3 months ago and it still looks fine, forgot to say I dye my roots medium brown
Thanks. Can you please point me in the direction of what tubes?

I’ve just looked in a magnifying mirror ( I know I shouldn’t have looked!) and think I have some small warts which are mostly not visible, has anyone else had these and how do you treat them?

JustmeKC

VIP Member
There’s a thread on Botox 🙂
Excellent - thanks so much!

If i told you …

VIP Member
Maybe this can help someone.

When I was an university student I had to do a lot of walking because of how big the campus was. Trolleys were not always on time when you needed them the most.

I used to waste so much money on shoes because of how sweaty my feet was. I tried every single product advertised for feet odor, to keep feet dry etc. Nothing worked for me.

I started using panty liners under my arms and in my shoes. These kept me fresh the whole day. I used to waste so much money on shoes because of how sweaty my feet was. Also, I applied deodorant in my groins.

Sounds weird, but when you live in a hot-humid nation, you need to be creative.
My mother in law had sweaty feet and was conscious of them she uses talcum powder on them every day. For underarms have you tried Mitchum deodorant?

Mamacita

VIP Member
Thank you! How anyone can apply them neatly is beyond me

Ohh that’s interesting - I have very sensitive skin too!
The magnetic ones look so good - almost too good to be true?
I just started using the magnetic ones and prefer them to glue and it's also easier to reuse them as they don't end up covered in glue lol. But you do need to be good with putting eyeliner on, I'm a bit out of practice with it as haven't been using it much in the last couple years so not every attempt looks that good 🤣 definitely need a bit of practice. I use Lola lashes one. Ideally I'd be getting extensions but the allergy is too much. I also used to be fine with them and only at some point became allergic

Snowjoke

VIP Member
guys I have to put you on THE BEST lip product ever, so moisturising, comes in loads of different colours, and is so glossy without it being sticky. Although it’s a bit pricey and you can only get it on the tarte website which does have a minimum spend (there is a sale right now!). https://tartecosmetics.com/EU/en_GB/maracuja-juicy-lip-balm-2035.html#start=2
i bought it in clear but I want to buy another colour
I’ve been wanting to try these! Seen great reviews 😁

Lilu22

VIP Member
I could have written this. I'm currently sitting in a different salon. I did make attempts to have the previous hairdresser have a look at my hair however she only works set days which doesn't suit me so I've gone somewhere else. I have very light blonde hair which looked a bit orange in places after I started washing it myself. Overall I think I tend to be the issue at hairdressers, I'm not sure if I just don't explain what I'd like done properly but 90% of the time I am not fully happy with it and never complain as I feel too awkward. I'm the type of person that wouldn't send a meal back at a restaurant etc too.
I think you are literally my twin!😂 I showed my hairdresser what I wanted but it felt like they did things that they wanted and didn’t even consult me on the toner/colour they were putting on. I don’t feel comfortable going back to them to complain so I have actually got in contact with a different salon who can fit me in next week and seem lovely 😊

barryjones

VIP Member
These are not dupes, but the real thing…they are excellent for trying expensive perfumes, or for travel sizes, or if you are a magpie for fragrance - you don’t have to spend big bucks for a massive bottle. Sure, they decant in basic bottles but they are real. I have used them a few times. I did my research and they are legit, not fake perfumes.
This is fab! Gonna have a look later and order some. I love trying new scents but cannot afford to buy a 50ml bottle of expensive ones I wanna try.

Olive16

Thanks Ladies! BB one does have great reviews! Just not sure I can warrant the cost... 🥴 Was looking at the ELF Putty Primer if anyone has used that?

Pinkii

VIP Member
I had it professionally done a couple of times before covid (with a facial etc) and I don't think you're missing out tbh! I don't think there's any difference, obviously missing the facial part but the actual dermaplaning is exactly the same
oh really? I assumed a scalpel would get an even cleaner finish.
Maybe i’ll save my future money then 🤣 thank you