Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I’ve got really sensitive dry skin. I really like Childs Farm moisturiser, it’s for baby’s with eczema. I was so sensitive recently that my face was so itchy, red, hot that the only thing I could attempt to put on my face was Avene thermal spray. (It had come with an starter pack I’d bought but not tried yet). Yes I know it’s just water but it was a God send! Any way skin is now ok so I thought I’d try Hyaluronic Acid, any recommendations? I’ve been watching a dermatologist called Dr Shereene Idriss on YouTube I never really knew the reasons behind different acids. It’s really fascinating.

Reactions: 1

DLMM4129

Yes, I LOVE it. I’ve actually replaced a lot of my previous more expensive products with stuff from this range. Boots skincare is seriously underrated.

I currently have: niacinamide serum, collagen serum, retinol night moisturiser, retinol serum, retinol eye cream, caffeine eye cream, lactic acid serum.

From their other ranges I have: vitamin C face wash, vitamin C moisturiser, vitamin C body gel cream, glow eye cream, collagen night moisturiser, glycolic acid body moisturiser

I think that’s everything! I might have missed a product or two as I’ve done this from memory but either way it’s easy to see that I’m a fan lol. My skin has never looked better since using their products and I can easily introduce something new without it breaking me out or causing a reaction. Highly recommend!
That’s amazing! I’m going to do some research and pop in there later. Thanks 🙏

House of Tea

VIP Member
Have you tried Glycolic acid based scalp serums or even just a glycolic toner on the scalp? AHAs are good for SD symptoms and general scalp issues actually as they break down the bonds that keep dead skin cells knocking about. Inkey List do a glycolic acid scalp serum for about £13 or I've heard of people using The Ordinary Glycolic toner.
Maybe worth doing a mix of aha on the scalp with a smoothing mask like Olaplex 8 or Moroccanoil on the lengths and ends once or twice a week?
Will investigate.👍

• Heart
Thanks, I heard mixed reports about Therapies laser machines in the past but I’ll look into their Botox. Might be too late for me really as I’m early 40s but worth a chat at least!
There’s a thread on Botox 🙂

If i told you …

VIP Member
Good afternoon all

an anyone give me some advice on suncreams. Especially once a day application. I’m looking at P20 factor 50 but ultra sun seems to be top choice according to the independent newspaper. As anyone any thoughts regarding this?
I have a very pale skin tone with reddish undertones and burns easily. I prefer the once a day variety as it makes me feel secure in the knowledge that I’m covered.
thanks

Y0H0

Silly question but does "purple shampoo" benefit people with naturally blonde hair or is it just for dyed hair? My sisters given me two bottles and I dont dye my hair 🤦‍♀️

Helmac79

Chatty Member
Hi lovelies, any tips for microblading, what to ask for, how to find good practitioners etc? I know there are few different techniques e.g. powder, combination but I'm a bit clueless!

I feel like it's not as popular as it was and I don't want to end up with fake looking brows! But I'd also love for them to look nice and filled in (in a natural-ish way) and I don't think I suit fluffy brows or other trends. Thanks ❤
I had a look to see what was available locally. Looked at reviews, photos of their work was vital! I went for a well-known microblader (in my area, there's a waiting list) and just went for it. Initial consultation was where she drew the temporary brow to see if we were both in agreement and then the actual microblading took place a few weeks later.
Interestingly, I was recommended a top up for 9-12 months time and 2 years later they've held up pretty well. So I haven't had any refills.
In a nutshell, shop around, ask people you know who did their eyebrows, get on SM to look at pics, reviews and aftercare.

Snowjoke

VIP Member
Does anyone colour their hair at home? I get highlights and a toner at the salon but my hair grows really fast and I just cannot afford the upkeep in the current climate. Last time I wasn’t even particularly happy with it. This is 3 months regrowth, I wish I could do a root touch up, or go a bit darker on the lengths to blend it in. Was looking at box dyes but know I’ll regret it as I prefer a cooler tone and it’s more difficult to achieve at home. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommended budget options.
View attachment 1550425
If you wanted to try the next time your in the hairdressers and ask them to do a “root smudge” with your highlights you would get way longer out of it as they don’t do it right up to the roots! It looks lovely as it grows out too, the translation between your roots and the highlights would be wayyyyy smoother

DLMM4129

Hi guys, I found this thread last night! I have my legs, bikini and underarms waxed every 4 weeks but don’t have my eyebrows done because of a bad experience. I try to do my own eyebrows at home but I just use veet strips cut into little strips 😬 has anyone used any type of precision pen or can recommend an easier way for me to wax my eyebrows at home? I bought eyebrow shapers from Superdrug before but they didn’t pull the hairs out. Thanks x

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
I use teeth strips from Amazon and wear my blue light retainer and that speeds them up. They do make my teeth sensitive though.

Millais

Chatty Member
I’ve just bought the Dove gradual tan for your face and I can’t work out which stage in my skincare routine I should apply it at. It says clean dry skin, so should I put moisturiser over the top? Or underneath? I’m worried it’ll react weirdly. It’s quite drying so my face needs something. Wait a while then moisturise?

Shineyshine

VIP Member
Which IPL did you use?
I have a Philips Lumea machine which has different size attachments for legs, underarms, face. They can be pricey, but I got a good deal on a Black Friday offer one year. Current Body also have a decent selection of devices.

Pinkii

VIP Member
I love dermaplaning.

everyone worries that it makes the hair grow back thicker etc but it really doesn’t.

i’m a hairy gal, and threading/waxing always leaves me breaking out so this works well for me and i love how my skincare sinks in and how make up looks when I first do it.

i would love to get it done professionally but i don’t have the money atm 😩

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Oh that’s really interesting. I’m sorry it didn’t work 😞

It must be a body chemistry thing as I find I smell worse with “normal” deodorants.

You can at least take comfort in not worrying if you were influenced into buying Wild by the insta huns 😂
I really wanted it to work, I loved the scent and the packaging! I hope some other deodorant brands do something similar soon