Botox

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone here had a lip flip done with Botox?

I've had it a couple of times now in my forehead, frown lines and crows feet but had my first try at the lip flip on Tuesday. I felt a change in my upper lip as soon as yesterday but thought I must have been imagining it, surely too soon? Today it's really apparent though, it looks amazing but I did feel the impact when I was trying to eat 😂 the nurse did explain to me that it would happen and said she only put in a little bit. I suppose what I'm asking is, is it unusual for the lip area to be affected so much faster than other areas and is this weird impaired function thing likely to get worse?

What age did you ladies start getting Botox? Or would you recommend someone gets it? I want to prevent any lines/wrinkles. Is baby Botox or preventative Botox a thing? I’m 24 🙂

I have lip fillers but always wondered about Botox

I had a far back molar extracted last year and I’ve noticed the corner of that side of my mouth is now slightly sagging which I think is to do with not bothering to get an implant to replace the molar, I’d love to get filler or Botox there now because now I’ve noticed it, it’s all I see.

What age did you ladies start getting Botox? Or would you recommend someone gets it? I want to prevent any lines/wrinkles. Is baby Botox or preventative Botox a thing? I’m 24 🙂

I was in my 40s -but it didn’t exist in my 20s.
Personally id say, save your money, live your life and enjoy your youth - maybe revisit the idea in your 30s ?

Reactions: 2
I was in my 40s -but it didn’t exist in my 20s.
Personally id say, save your money, live your life and enjoy your youth - maybe revisit the idea in your 30s ?
thank you for your help!

I spoke to my injector, she’s a doctor and I really trust her. She said my lines aren’t pronounced at all, and to wait at least a few years and then think about it. She uses a veryyyy small amount for baby tox anyway. I think I’m just obsessed with not aging 😂

thank you for your help!

I spoke to my injector, she’s a doctor and I really trust her. She said my lines aren’t pronounced at all, and to wait at least a few years and then think about it. She uses a veryyyy small amount for baby tox anyway. I think I’m just obsessed with not aging 😂
If you just have normal wrinkles that happen when moving your face then I'd definitely wait. I got Botox first time at 30 and already had a very annoying forehead line at that point. 24 is way too young imo

I'm 29 next week and just had my first this month!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
If you just have normal wrinkles that happen when moving your face then I'd definitely wait. I got Botox first time at 30 and already had a very annoying forehead line at that point. 24 is way too young imo
I remember reading that people don't even really associate dynamic lines like that with ageing anyway - it's loss of volume that stands out.

I was 31 or 32 I think? For frown lines because I was waking up looking furious and the muscles were so exercised that they were bulky and made me look cross all the time. Added bit of brow lift and crow's feet at around 42 maybe.

I remember reading that people don't even really associate dynamic lines like that with ageing anyway - it's loss of volume that stands out.

I was 31 or 32 I think? For frown lines because I was waking up looking furious and the muscles were so exercised that they were bulky and made me look cross all the time. Added bit of brow lift and crow's feet at around 42 maybe.
Yeah when I look at my pictures from when I was 18-25, I still had a lot of dynamic forehead wrinkles but definitely didn't look old!

I was 36 when I first had it done. That was last year.
It’s 15 weeks (yep, I just counted 😄) since I last had 3 areas done and my it’s always my forehead lines that come back first. Not so much my crows feet or when I scowl. This sounds ridiculous, but I’ve stopped exercising as much, eg planking, as I’m worried that constantly looking upwards/raising my eyebrows brings my forehead lines back quicker 🫣

• Haha
The longest my Botox has ever lasted was during lockdown - as my gym was closed - it definitely has an effect.

I’m 53 and have had it done for the first time as my daughter is getting married and I just wanted to look a bit fresher for the photos.
I go back on Saturday which is 2 weeks later for a top up.
I may not have it done though as it has sorted the wrinkles on my forehead but it has made my eyelids disappear and the top part all wrinkly so I actually look and feel even worse- gutted !

I’m 53 and have had it done for the first time as my daughter is getting married and I just wanted to look a bit fresher for the photos.
I go back on Saturday which is 2 weeks later for a top up.
I may not have it done though as it has sorted the wrinkles on my forehead but it has made my eyelids disappear and the top part all wrinkly so I actually look and feel even worse- gutted !
Getting forehead lines treated can cause eyebrows to droop - do you think that's what happened? I left one injector because he was obsessed with treating my forehead, while I was interested in glabellar (frown) lines and lifting the brow. Maybe they can try to counteract it? Might also improve by itself anyway over the next few weeks. When is the wedding?

@smurphette yes I think you are 100% right and thank you for the reply x
I am going to see what she says before I have the top up as I don’t want to make it any worse and will not have it unless she says it will lift it.
It’s at the end of August so got around 5 weeks.
I love the softer forehead but I hate hate hate that I’ve lost my eyelids
Thank you again xx

There are so many tweaks they can do. Botox should always have a follow up appointment for 2 or 3 weeks after the initial procedure.

@smurphette yes I think you are 100% right and thank you for the reply x
I am going to see what she says before I have the top up as I don’t want to make it any worse and will not have it unless she says it will lift it.
It’s at the end of August so got around 5 weeks.
I love the softer forehead but I hate hate hate that I’ve lost my eyelids
Thank you again xx
Fingers crossed! And good to go back to discuss it and see what she says. End of August at least leaves some time for things to kind of work themselves out a bit too and for your face to get used to it. Know the feeling of not liking the depressed brow and heavy lids - gives a tired and cross look. Hoping she can either counteract it or it fades enough for you to be happy on the big day. Think there can be a bit of an adjustment period!

@smurphette and @MissTeddy thank you xx
I definitely look cross 🙈 got a smooth forehead but a permanent scowl ! I look like an angry bird 😂
Luckily it’s been sunny so sunglasses 🕶 have been my best friend.
It is what it is now and hopefully when I go back it can be counteracted or I won’t have any more.
I’ll post how I get on.
Thank you again - I can’t / won’t really speak about it to anyone as I feel as though I only have my vanity to blame but I wanted to look nice for my daughter xx

@smurphette and @MissTeddy thank you xx
I definitely look cross 🙈 got a smooth forehead but a permanent scowl ! I look like an angry bird 😂
Luckily it’s been sunny so sunglasses 🕶 have been my best friend.
It is what it is now and hopefully when I go back it can be counteracted or I won’t have any more.
I’ll post how I get on.
Thank you again - I can’t / won’t really speak about it to anyone as I feel as though I only have my vanity to blame but I wanted to look nice for my daughter xx
Have my fingers crossed for you!

And there's no shame in trying to look fresh for your daughter's wedding. Or just for yourself. How we look impacts how we feel! We're all on this thread because we've had it or wanted it...

I really want botox as I have some wrinkles on my forehead. But I'm worried that it will change where my eyebrows are. Does it affect eyebrows?

Eta - sorry ive just read the whole thread and learned that it can cause eyebrows to droop.