Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Burrito88

VIP Member
I highlight my hair and can usual go 7/8 weeks before I need it redone. I have a new hairdresser and when the colour is done it’s gorgeous but around 3 weeks later it’s faded and looks terrible. This is the second time. I use Olaplex shampoo and conditioner.
Changing hairdresser isn’t possible unfortunately
I’ve just bought the Color Wow dream filter to try, it’s meant to remove all impurities and build up from your hair before shampooing. Olaplex have just released one called “broad spectrum chelating treatment” but it’s only available for professionals to buy at the moment.

Reactions: 1

Y0H0

Yes, that's the style I like too, having a nosey at her insta

Somethingwhite on insta is good too

I also like emilylucyrajch
Ah I already follow Emily. Only just noticed when I searched her. Dont get me wrong, some items id never ever wear but the majority is my style.

Beckyboo85

Are the Crest 3d white strips worth the money? And do they make your teeth sensitive? Any advice would be great x

Molly1cat

Chatty Member
Loving this thread . Can anyone recommend products for insanely dry feet . I do my hard skin weekly but tbh I think it’s making it worse . They are soooo dry and hard and look just awful 😞

Codiaeum

VIP Member
I was at TK Maxx yesterday and saw loads of Sukin products - is there anything you can recommend? I have a gift card for the shopping center the TK Maxx is in and haven't seen anything I like yet, but those products looked nice enough.

ginger tea

Chatty Member
I’m after some hair advice please.
My natural hair colour is a dull dark brown.
I’ve been having blonde highlights and my roots covered for quite some time. I love the colour; I think it suits me.

But with the cost of everything going up all the time, I can’t afford to get it coloured as often as it needs. At the moment it looks terrible and you can really see the greys coming through.

I was thinking the cheapest thing to do was get a box dye and going to a medium-light brown and just getting cuts/blow dry at the salon.

But I’d really like to keep the blonde if I could, but its so expensive to maintain.

Any advice please?
Hi not sure if this will do but it worked for me.
I asked my hairdresser what the brand, colour and measurements where oh and also the strength of peroxide, and how long to keep it in for. I then went to salon services and bought everything I needed I did try the foils but I just couldn’t do it myself so I went back and bought a highlighting cap which was a lot easier fir me to do, did take a little bit of time but I got there in the end 👍🏻 What I liked about the cap was when you put the colour on it all developed at the same time 👍🏻
Iv got dark blonde with a lot of warmth, this it what I use.
Wella kolston 12/1 highlight natural ash blonde
12% developer
Wrap head in tin foil or cling film
Leave to develop fir 60mins
Some time I will run the hairdryer over my head 5mins at a time if I want it a lighter brighter

oksobasically

I’d like a new perfume that smells ‘ Expensive old money’ if you know what I mean

I like masculine scents or clean or maybe not sure how to describe not fruity

I have molecule 1, Byredos gypsy water and Mojave Ghost and Creed Aventus

any suggestions
Personal favourites that I think fit this vibe in my mind are Dior Addict and Elie Saab Le Parfum

• Heart

Some People!

Chatty Member
Microfibre towels. A big fan of these but I find they smell mouldy after a while. I wash them regularly, make sure they dry properly, but still it happens. I have looked it up and it is a noted problem with them. Have you noticed that? I started off buying the expensive branded ones but because I have had to throw them away I am now using cheaper ones. I bought this one - it was excellent at smoothing down the hair, but it’s claim to be mould resistant turned out to be not the case. And worse than that the smell went onto my hair. I smelt like wet dog for about a week, even after several washes….it made such a difference to the smoothness of my hair though, I was so upset when this had to be ditched. Once they get the mouldy smell you can’t seem to get it out. Some people say that using an old t-shirt instead of a towel is better for the hair. When my latest microfibre ones hit the dust I might give that a go.

Have you tried stripping your microfibre towels? Like laundry stripping? You're probably not, but definitely don't wash them with fabric softener.
I've never had this problem with any of mine, and I'm not even terribly careful with them. Mine are variously from camping retailers, Lidl (I think?), and Amazon, so they're nothing special and I don't think anything much would be gained by spending more.
They do make fantastic cleaning rags, cut up, once they die though!

Slaybutter

VIP Member
I’d like to get a little color before I go to the beach. I’m considering spray tanning and I’m worried about coming out orange, sweating it off, etc. I need all of the advice pls

Just wanted to share with everyone that I've tried a new shampoo & conditioner that I bought in the Prime Day sale, it's the Pureology Strength Cure range.
My hair feels like I've just been to the salon, looks more groomed and I haven't even styled it more than a quick detangle after the shower.
Did you just get shampoo and conditioner? I like the look of these. I want a styling product as well. X

I wonder if this smells similar to Lost Cherry? I love that, but not the price! I’m going to check the Zara one out, thanks for sharing 🍒

View attachment 1422546
It’s very similar if not nicer. Honestly smells so expensive.

Full disclosure I don't have either, but was looking at Zara perfumes a few days ago and came across this website which lists it as a dupe for Lost Cherry! Might be helpful for others looking at the Zara perfumes too, I'm tempted to buy one or two for everyday wear

Thanks for sharing and potentially leading me astray! X

• Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
i would love to get it done professionally but i don’t have the money atm 😩
I had it professionally done a couple of times before covid (with a facial etc) and I don't think you're missing out tbh! I don't think there's any difference, obviously missing the facial part but the actual dermaplaning is exactly the same

Slaybutter

VIP Member
I seem to be having issues with thinning hair, so I bought some multivitamin hair gummies specific for hair nails and skin. Every time I have them (I have stopped and started over the last few weeks) I seem to explode into big, watery spots that easily scar my skin. I have had other products with biotin in previous to this and it happened then also. Is there a link between biotin and zits, and how can I get around it as I want to improve my hair situation. Thanks x
Is there any chance those are from ingrown hairs?

House of Tea

VIP Member
I’m delighted, the Healthy Mix foundation is fab
Apparently it was brought back due to public demand, and this product was top of the list.

In a similar vein, Boots have brought back No 17. I got a very cheap tinted moisturiser thing - under a fiver. It stinks but the smell goes quickly. It’s okay - I use it on “off duty” days.

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
I think balayage is more like the face framing highlights and more focused on the mid to bottom sections of your hair. Your natural hair colour would often be the base for that. Whereas the root smudge is where a colour would also be applied to the root (close to your natural colour) and the highlights are melted into that, think smudging so it’s not really obvious highlights, softer and gives smoother transition! I guess the root smudge would last longer for those that have greys and would normally get highlights to the root of their hair
This is really helpful - thank you!

• Heart