Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Spoke

VIP Member
I vote for a well shaped natural brow. I fill in some patchy areas but I think insta brows look too fake and laminated brows look like werewolves.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
I think I saw some in Tk maxx actually, I'll pick them up when I'm next in!
I know ghd are the ultimate but I don't have £200 to spend on them at the moment, I'd rather spend that on my daughter's birthday day trip out
I managed to get some brand new GHDs in the box for £20 from the local crackhead

• Haha
Reactions: 18

MissTeddy

VIP Member
Not sure if this is the right thread for it but there is a line in my forehead becoming increasingly deep set and I think the time for some preventative botox has finally arrived. Any recommendations for someone good in London? SW, W, or central if possible!
I would say that Botox (out of everything) makes me feel the most groomed and polished. I don't look frozen (IMO), it just makes me look fresher and less haggard. I will never go without it now and would sacrifice other treats to afford it. You're in a good area to find a practitioner - I used to live in SW London. Wimbledon, Carshalton Village, Banstead - those sort of places would be good to research someone.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

goosecat

I read every single page of both these threads and spent £200 on asos and Amazon this morning because of it!

my contribution is;
Tape beauty bay extensions, last about a year and get maintenance every 8 weeks, it actually makes it take less time to do my hair daily as it disguises my hard to manage natural hair. I’ve tried pretty much every method and tapes are easily my favourite.
Ombré brow tattooed topped up every 2 years- so worth it and they last ages! I got mine done originally with Clarissa Stephania and love them.
Fillers once a year- 1ml lips, 1.8ml cheeks, 1ml chin and about 0.2ml tip lift in my nose- makes a nice subtle difference to my face and saves me contouring on the rare occasions I do full make up
Botox- only had it done once but planning on doing it every 4/6 months- 2 area brow lift- more a preventative measure!
Lash extensions every 2 weeks- makes me feel so much more put together- also I have a ridiculous looking eye mask for sleeping which has room for the lashes which helps them last longer
Pedicure every 3 months- always white varnish
Acrylic nails every 3 weeks- always get natural pink colour stiletto ones
Crest white strips are amazing for whitening teeth!
Laser hair removal on my underarms and Brazilian- had about 5 treatments so far, made such a difference! I struggled with ingrown hairs on my bikini line before and my body doesn’t like waxes.
For skincare, Paula’s choice liquid exfoliator is really good. Also Revolution do their own version of the Mario Badescu drying lotion which is great for spots. I use the Kiel's oil free moisturiser which I also think is great. Lush lip scrub is also fab, I use it every day before I use my lip oil. On holiday or when my skin is extra dry, I use the Skin Food moisturiser in the green bottle- only ever overnight though, it makes me look very greasy but is great for extra moisture then wiped off when I wake up.
For hair, the TIGI oatmeal and honey shampoo and conditioner is great for mid-range. Smells amazing too.
Daily for work I just use a tinted moisturiser, brow gel and coconut lip oil (the shein one is actually really great).
Cloud 9 extra wide straighteners are so worth the cost imo, I straighten then curl my hair after I wash it once a week. The ColourWow style on steroids spray really helps them hold until the next wash day.
For makeup, honestly the Revolution foundation is the best out of any I’ve tried, even high end ones. I also really rate the RCMA no colour powder, and urban decay primer. Charlotte tilbury setting spray also works well for me.

Also I think I’m the only person ever that doesn’t rate the Brazilian Bum Bum cream or their body spray- smells lovely but just doesn’t last at all.

Lastly I go on holiday quite often and tan well but I do use sunbeds in between, the Australian gold tan accelerator is great. I know, they’re awful for you, I try to keep it to a minimum.

I second what others have said about having an organised/clean house, car and handbag- makes me feel a lot less chaotic.

I sound mega high maintenance but honestly I feel so much more organised and put together in myself when I do all these things!

Now, I have questions… does anyone have any hidden gems for body acne, specifically shoulders? I have one patch that just won’t budge! Also I have a couple of marks on my chest from dermal piercings I’ve had before, any good tips on how to make them heal faster other than bio oil? Also, I use face wipes every day before bed, is there a better alternative? And finally, the best heat protection spray for hair? Thanks to anyone who can help!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

AFlyOnYourWall

VIP Member
Thanks for all the recommendations in the last thread ladies 🥰 it’s great to hear what other products people use and like rather than companies trying to sell you anything and everything through different marketing tactics. Good honest reviews from real women are what matter most to me, so thank you all 🙌🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 16

sammien89

Love this thread.

what helps me is tidy and clean house is the root of feeling and looking good.

fresh clean ironed clothes. Unpopular opinion people who suffer with mental health is not an excuse to not clean your house. Youmay have less motivation but does not prevent a messy house. It helps when you want to look and feel better.

clean nails and good oral hygiene. Most importantly I think sleep is so underrated for feeling good also. Make sure you get ur 8 hours in and plenty of water.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 15

Mojojojo67

Why can't I look super poised by the pool? I see so many people with their hair in a "messy updo" looking all serene, whereas I just look hot and bothered. My attempts at a upknot make me look more like a sumo wrestler. What's the secret?

• Haha

House of Tea

VIP Member
I've loved reading this thread, right up my street!

I'm looking for some advice/magic tips - I'm petite and have lost 3 stone since having my baby 5 months ago, think I weigh about 9st13 now and 5'6. I look slim but I feel like my face looks so chubby? I feel fine looking in the mirror but photos etc I just want to vom (dramatic, I know). Has anyone got any tips for making your face appear less round, i.e makeup products/hairstyle etc?
Not sure what age you are, but you will love your round face when you get older.Your face slims down as you age, those with rounder faces tend to look less hollow.

• Heart
This was mentioned on the last thread… but I really hate dressing for summer 😖 I’ve got up earlier than usual to get ready because I know I will hate everything I put on. Doesn’t help that I lost half a stone earlier this year (a holiday was motivation) and I’ve put it all back on and a couple of pounds more. I wish this heatwave would piss off. 🫣I can’t even wear jeans because they’re nipping me. Please tell me to get a grip 😂 dressing for summer does not come naturally for me.

• Heart
  • Haha

DLMM4129

So guys I’ve decided that I’m going to do myself a beauty advent this year. I’ve just ordered some samples off Feel Unique and plan to do this monthly until December. I’ll then treat myself to a couple of luxury items I know I’ll enjoy, maybe a nice White Company candle, their Nourish bath oil 😍😍 And I might have a look at the beauty and skincare range in M&S. does anyone have any other ideas on how I can create something fun for myself?

• Heart

Some People!

Chatty Member
To be fair it'll be a lot better for your skin than if you were using a facewipe!
It's the waste of wipes I can't stand tbh. What I didn't mention because I didn't want to harp on was that I use wee washable rounds, a bit bigger than a cotton wool round... one side is like a really low-pile terry towelling (reused the old toddler-sized bedsheets 💪) and the other side is fine cotton (scraps of ~vintage florals~ 😅). I find the wipes just too slick/smooth to lift much off, and I like the gentle scrub of the towelling.

Really recommend this type of swap if anyone's on the fence - cheaper, better for the environment, more effective imo, and looks kinda cute. Just wang em in a delicates bag and in with a white wash. Dry on their own in a few minutes 🤷‍♀️

Harped on after all, sorry.

• Heart

MissTeddy

VIP Member
Yeah it’s all part and parcel of peri menopause 🥴 I suppose I’m fighting against and not wanting things to change and not wanting to become that older self.
Horrible being a female at times

Yeah she offered HRT just wanting to do I little more research first
I found HRT to be quite life changing and I can’t imagine ever coming off it. I went through v early menopause and it is considered healthier to be on HRT to protect your heart and bones.
My metabolism continues to slow down so I’m very controlling with my diet as I wish to remain a size 8 and I go to the gym 3 times a week.
I also went grey very early in life so I have to maintain my roots too.
fighting the aging process is exhausting and expensive 🤣

• Heart

happylife32

I love this thread! I have taken some tips from the previous one and this one, whilst going through a particularly rough time and really not feeling like my best self, I’ve always struggled with my weight but atm I feel so awful and uncomfortable 😣 I love the idea of self care and want to put it into practise but to me that just means a bath lol 😆 with some nice body wash. Tonight, I’ve got a face mask and I’m gonna dermaplan my face again and slather on some body lotion and foot lotion! Little steps to overhaul how I’m feeling. Thank you all.
oh - question - does anyone here use Lush for skincare? I was given some freebies and really liked them. Would like others’ opinions please.

• Heart

abc i like tea

just wanted to say that teeth whitening strips are SO bad for your teeth in the long term. Maybe once if you’re in desperate need to whiten it but still 🥴. it increases sensitivity and may lead to you needing to replace some teeth. Visit a dentist and even though it’s slightly pricey they’ll do it safely and properly. I’m a dentist and when I saw the teeth whitening chat on here I gasped 🤣

• Heart
I love this thread, I have promised myself in these 6 weeks I am going to start making myself look better and feeling myself more!

started today with a brow lamination, next steps are hair and new make up then everything else 😂

• Heart

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
So the company I started at seems to be rather big on business travel and I just returned from my first business trip in over three years and will be going on two more in the next 5 weeks :oops:
The definite learning I already had was to take a second cardigan with me, even for short trips - we were at an in-door food market on the second night and all my clothes smelled like food and grease. Couldn't bear wearing the cardigan again the next day, so in my despair I tried getting the smell out by putting it into the mini-fridge overnight (didn't really work), so I re-wore a jumper.

Any seasoned business travelers here that could share your best tips and tricks? I've only very rarely been before and the new company will even throw an employee party and I have no idea how fancy/unfancy it'll be.
I used to do a lot of travelling with work.
- always take a dress and heels, just in case.
- take a small handbag in your large handbag.
- take a pair of flat shoes you can shove in your big handbag.
- keep liquid toiletries in their own bag incase they leak.
- take earplugs and eye mask Incase sleeping conditions aren’t great
- take a face mask incase you need a little bit of pampering before bed.
- keep your makeup and hair simple. You may have long days where topping up makeup and sorting your hair might not be possible.
- take a pillow spray. I have a lavender one that makes me feel like I’m at home. I hate the smell of hotel laundry detergent.
- take a book.

• Heart
When in my 20's, I always had the answer for an outfit for every occasion. I received compliments on my looks. When I entered my 30's I also entered into a style crisis :ROFLMAO: because I started to feel that some pieces were not looking that good anymore on me. Yes, I have gained some weight and I am currently with a exercise routine. But I also feel different. I don't know how to explain it but it feels like my mind told me "YOU ARE 30!, dress according to your age.
So, I went to a local store and bought 5 black t-shirts.

Long story short wearing black t-shirts, gold jewelry, Chanel Mademoiselle, jeans (shorts and long) sneakers and sandals, straight/curled hair turned into my everyday uniform. Today, I went shopping and felt attracted to some items in Banana Republic and Polo Ralph Lauren. I was starring at the mannequins and I saw I whole new world that even though was always in front of me, I never really payed attention to it. I have/am always looked/looking for quality clothes, but is the style that I feel has changed. When I was in my 20's I was trying too hard to look put together and elegant. Now taking a look of some pictures I took, I can see that. But now, feels like it is coming naturally.

I few years back I started exploring minimalism and got rid of a lot clothes. Big mistake and I regret it. I think I got rid of a lot of pieces that would have served me today.

I stopped watching styling videos to clear my mind and start a new wardrobe again.

Has anyone dealt with a styling crisis? Any tips on how to start my new wardrobe? I have some ideas but some good advice is welcome here.

• Heart

DLMM4129

Book my first gel mani in years for next week and got my wax too, gonna feel like a new woman by Wednesday night 🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 14