Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is amazing for growth xx
Sunny Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil 8 oz https://amzn.eu/d/3Oi9Qbe
Thank you my lovely will order some x

I would really recommend rapidbrow! It’s the eyebrow serum by the company that do rapid lash! I’ve used the eyebrow serum myself and it’s actually amazing 🤣 I got it last year and still some left too

ETA I usually get it on Amazon prime as they normally have 25% odd off it
Thank you so much! I will add this to my basket as well x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Am I the only scumbag getting my makeup off with a plob of vaseline and a flannel followed by some soap then moisturiser?
I do have some micellar water and stuff, but since it won't touch my waterproof mascara I just... Lube my face up nightly 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Am I the only scumbag getting my makeup off with a plob of vaseline and a flannel followed by some soap then moisturiser?
I do have some micellar water and stuff, but since it won't touch my waterproof mascara I just... Lube my face up nightly 🤣

Nah, you aren't! While I don't use vaseline, I love using broccoli seed oil to massage off sticky sunscreen and then just use my regular cleanser. The CeraVe doesn't get off mascara, but massaging with oil and then following up with it (plus a good hot towel if I feel like it) works wonders. I never bothered with an extra cleanser and I'm pretty sure that nearly any oil would work fine.

• Heart
To be fair it'll be a lot better for your skin than if you were using a facewipe!

Reactions: 6
To be fair it'll be a lot better for your skin than if you were using a facewipe!
It's the waste of wipes I can't stand tbh. What I didn't mention because I didn't want to harp on was that I use wee washable rounds, a bit bigger than a cotton wool round... one side is like a really low-pile terry towelling (reused the old toddler-sized bedsheets 💪) and the other side is fine cotton (scraps of ~vintage florals~ 😅). I find the wipes just too slick/smooth to lift much off, and I like the gentle scrub of the towelling.

Really recommend this type of swap if anyone's on the fence - cheaper, better for the environment, more effective imo, and looks kinda cute. Just wang em in a delicates bag and in with a white wash. Dry on their own in a few minutes 🤷‍♀️

Harped on after all, sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I use reusable cotton rounds too! I use them to take off make up, and then a muslin or micro fibre cloth for the second cleanse.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Which IPL did you use?
I have a Philips Lumea machine which has different size attachments for legs, underarms, face. They can be pricey, but I got a good deal on a Black Friday offer one year. Current Body also have a decent selection of devices.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a cleansing balm to remove make up? Just finished my pixi double cleanse and wanting something similar ☺

I have a Philips Lumea machine which has different size attachments for legs, underarms, face. They can be pricey, but I got a good deal on a Black Friday offer one year. Current Body also have a decent selection of devices.
Does it take a long time on legs? Do you have to do it in each spot and then move to the next spot and click it again, or is it more of a swipey motion? (Hope that makes sense!)

I’ve been getting IPL for Brazilian and underarms, but I feel like it would be amazing to not have to shave my legs. It’s just so expensive to get it done, but I’m worried it would take me ages at home and I’d never do it (my legs are longggg!)

Does anyone have a recommendation for a cleansing balm to remove make up? Just finished my pixi double cleanse and wanting something similar ☺
My number 1 is Elemis. Used it for a long time. My fave scent is the rose one (they discontinued the neroli one 😞), Farmacy from cult beauty, M&S did a cheap cleansing balm called Pure. Also, Aldi did a dupe of the Emma Hardie cleanser too. I stocked up on those 😂 it was only £6.99 and you got a huge cleansing cloth with it as well.

Edit to say, cult beauty and space nk have 20% off nearly everything atm. 👀👀

Reactions: 3
Does it take a long time on legs? Do you have to do it in each spot and then move to the next spot and click it again, or is it more of a swipey motion? (Hope that makes sense!)

I’ve been getting IPL for Brazilian and underarms, but I feel like it would be amazing to not have to shave my legs. It’s just so expensive to get it done, but I’m worried it would take me ages at home and I’d never do it (my legs are longggg!)
I did my first IPL on Monday and I was just going to do my underarms and bikini line because I thought it would take too long to do my legs, but I ended up doing all 3 and it really didn’t take as long as I thought!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thanks all - had seen the body shop one and wondered if I could find a good dupe in Aldi so will go and see what I can find!

I have used neither but these crop up as being good all the time. The second one is not available online.

Reactions: 2
Re Amanda Harrington going out of biz, I expect a lot more of the smaller companies will go to the wall in the next few years because of fuel prices and cost of living generally. People will be reigning in the spending. Budget ranges like Superdrug will soar I think. 😞

Reactions: 7
Re Amanda Harrington going out of biz, I expect a lot more of the smaller companies will go to the wall in the next few years because of fuel prices and cost of living generally. People will be reigning in the spending. Budget ranges like Superdrug will soar I think. 😞

I noticed that the biggest German drugstore chain recently started removing some of the pricier ranges for hair care, etc. I suspect people simply don't buy them as much anymore, so it makes no sense to stock them. And that's often with high profile companies behind it, the smaller brands will have it even worse :/

Not sure if this is the right thread but I recently got my hair re dyed at the salon I’ve been going to for the past 2 years. However this time it felt very rushed and after a few days, I really don’t like what they have done. Do I go back to them and explain I don’t like it or box dye myself/go to a different hairdresser?

Not sure if this is the right thread but I recently got my hair re dyed at the salon I’ve been going to for the past 2 years. However this time it felt very rushed and after a few days, I really don’t like what they have done. Do I go back to them and explain I don’t like it or box dye myself/go to a different hairdresser?
Id definitely contact your hairdresser and let them know you’re not happy, it gives them a chance to possibly rectify it before you hit the box dye lol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.