Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Not sure if this is the right thread to post in but has anyone used the tablets that delay your period? I’m going on abroad on a hen do at the end of the month and due to have my period the whole time I’m away which isn’t ideal as I’ll be swimming/going out etc.
I have but it was a very long time ago. They made me really sick and gave me awful migraines. As I was vomiting so much they stopped working. Ended up coming on on the plane home, bleeding through my beige jeans 🙄 ruining the seat 😳 Wouldn't take them again.

• Sad
Reactions: 6

Halliestar

VIP Member
Doing anyone with rosacea have any to recommendations of a skin tint/light foundation? Going on holiday soon and very self conscious of my redness so looking to find something light to wear as I know it’ll be very hot. I know I will need to brave the bare face by the pool but would like to feel a bit more confident if possible. Tia
This is really good! I use this now as an every day ‘foundation’ I get a bit of redness around my nose and I also have a red birthmark on my cheek and it does a good job at covering it. Lots of videos on tiktok if you search as well

Attachments

penpitstop

Not sure if this is the thread to be posting in, but what supplements if any do yous take daily?
Only vitamin D. A few years ago a consultant neurologist told me vit d is the only one worth taking unless you’ve been tested and are positive for a deficiency or have been advised to take by a medical professional, anything else is just expensive pee!

Cam anyone recommend a good foot cream? I used one of those foot peeling sock things and had baby soft skin after the initial peel but my feet has gotten ten times drier than they were before ☹
o'keeffe's for healthy feet foot cream, not expensive, doesn't smell lovely or anything but it works!

GinBunny18

I would just like to say to anyone who is self conscious about sparse eyebrows (or if you just want to save time in the morning ) try brow lamination. I had it done on Wednesday for the first time and feel much more confident, and am loving not having to draw them on each day! Wasn't expensive and worth it (so far!) 😀

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Deffo M&S it’s absolutely one of my favourites at the minute. I also really rate mango knitwear. It’s underwear that I struggle with, I struggle with parting with the money but also find a lot of bras so uncomfortable!
Try the Boob or Bust measuring technique. I got a shock, but at least the bra is comfortable now I know my true size.
ETA Tattlers rave about this.
This page is good also on style of bra to go for:

• Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member
I'm too embarrassed to go for a proper fitting as mine are different sizes. I think one's a C cup and one's a B cup. When I had my son my milk came in really dramatically on one side and not so much the other. I've been wonky ever since 🤦🏼‍♀️🤣
The Ladies at Bravissimo or Rigby and Peller won't judge you one iota!

• Heart

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Anyone got any advice for hair growth?

I've tried rosemary oil,which just gave me spots in my hairline and an itchy scalp.

Biotin did nothing.

I stupidly let the hairdresser talk me into getting a layer cut into already thin hair and my hair is just looking so stringy and like rats tails.
Dr Shereene Idriss did a video on this recently and recommended Regaine. Said buy the men's version as it's a better deal than the women's for the same product.

ChilliBean

VIP Member
Again off topic but…..

I went to my gp to be sterilised after my husband bottled getting the snip 🙄

The gp gave me a real hard time about why I wanted to be sterilised and what would I do if my kids were all killed outright in an accident. I believe it’s because they can’t make any money off me by keeping on the pill, having the coil etc.
Do they put these inappropriate questions to men seeking vasectomies I wonder?!?!

Summer2011

Chatty Member
Any recommendations for a sheer/natural/your-nails-but-better nail polish? Ideally good with only one coat, more on the pinky side than too white-milky. Ideally from Essie, OPI or Kiko (Chanel or Dior too, but if I can avoid forking 30+ euros into a nail polish that's be nice 😅 )
IMG_3636.png

This is my go to nail polish, in this colour - I never use anything else. I don’t use a base or a top coat, I file my nails, cut away the cuticles, I then use a summer Fridays face exfoliant on each of my fingers and all over my hands wash with warm water, leave to dry then apply two coats & it really does last for 7 days!

• Heart

margaretta

VIP Member
Can anyone offer any advice regarding my hair please?

It’s naturally curly and highlighted, the problem I’m having is it’s gone quite wiry and is thinning, I think probably due to the menopause.

At the moment it’s so dry and I’ve got quite a lot of breakage. I wash it twice a week with Kerastase absolute purple shampoo and conditioner and I use Philip Kingsley leave it conditioner. Don’t use heat very often and I will leave it to air dry.

The dilemma is, I’m due for my highlights and I’ve booked for some lowlights this time as well but I don’t know whether to leave it all together and try and get some decent condition back. I have got some grey but nothing I couldn’t live with for a while until it improves.

I’m quite down at the moment regarding my appearance so I don’t know what to do for the best.
I found L’oreal miracle oil an absolute godsend when I was in a similar situation.

What I also found though that airdrying my hair, letting it dry naturally, actually makes the condition worse. If I let it dry naturally it becomes frizzier and within a day needs washing again as it feels greasy on top and dry at the ends. Now I rarely let it dry naturally; some hair types need heat to keep in condition.

• Heart

penpitstop

After months of battling with what's on my face I went to the drs and they diagnosed acne roaseca. She recommended I get skincare for this condition but the Internet is so confusing! Can anyone recommend a face cream and suncream please
She should’ve really prescribed you something especially for the flare ups! I highly recommend Dr Emma Wedgeworth on IG-she has a few reels on skincare for rosacea. La Roche posay and Avene are ideal starting points brand wise

Codiaeum

VIP Member
In addition to washing makeup brushes, you should also wash your hair brushes!

I forgot to do this recently and was wondering why after blow-drying my hair, it was getting greasy faster than usual.

I use shampoo to wash mine. There are some brushes which are hard to wash, like ones with a cushion and a tiny hole in them, as the water gets into it (like paddle brushes). These take longer to dry out as a result.
Yup, I do the same. And while I posted above about my makeup brushes, I care about my hairbrushes a lot more.
I have a Denman that you can take apart completely and I always do, to make sure I clean the pad and the bristles and underneath. I just use a squirt of a clarifying shampoo and soak everything in warm water for a few minutes, then I use a cleaning brush (from Oxo, any toothbrush does the job though) to scrub things a bit and then I just put all the part on a towel to let it dry.
I don’t use styling products, but I wash daily and there’s always a bit of conditioner left on the hair that will start to stick to your brush.

• Heart
I'm doing the unthinkable and am doing a BIG wardrobe clear out. After many years of pregnancy, trying to conceive and post partum body between kids. I'm having kids & our family is complete am I trying to get my style and mojo back. Hair, tan, body care & nails I'm happy with. It's clothes. Does anyone have any Instagram or YouTube accounts for fashionable but practical clothes?? I want to look well but also practical, like something I could wear to brunch with the girls but also playground/coffee?
I’m a new mum and similar wanting to look presentable / stylish but also practical for day to day. I find sticking to very French / Parisian style helps me. Straight leg jeans, trainers or flats, t shirt or nice top depending on situation, trench, nice coat or blazer. Mainly in neutral colours so everything matches.
I also follow virtually styled by and what to wear on Instagram and they always do posts of outfit ideas for mums. Usually along the line of the formula I mentioned above

ack13

Any recommendations for lips?? So dry at the moment!! Vaseline is not cutting it
I swear by the blistex intensive moisturiser (the blue one). It works pretty much instantly and don’t need to keep reapplying in my experience.

houseofhoop

VIP Member
I did it last weekend! I pledge to not need to do it again as I only used two brushes for powder.
Every make-up artist will be disgusted now but I seriously can't be bothered enough to wash them more often.
In a small voice ‘I only have two brushes for eyeshadow and I’ve only washed them once’

don’t hate on me for being grubby!!

• Heart

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
Do you have any recommendations for hand cream with SPF? I am little obsessed with finding good sunscreen 🧴
I buy cheap, have one in every handbag, kitchen, car, and reapply generously and regularly.
If I buy more expensive stuff I find I try to be careful and don’t use enough

Curly

VIP Member
I got a skin booster a few weeks ago and I have lost count of the amount of people that have said my skin is glowing.
This paired with my skin care routine my face has never looked so good 🤣

susan1375

Chatty Member
vasectomies aren’t risk free - one of my mums friends husband had one, there was an infection , he nearly died and he now has massive problems (she wouldn’t say what exactly she didn’t want to embarrass him) sexually.

• Sad