Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Spring capsule wardrobe advice:

ETA. Just watched the end and there is a client's wardrobe sorting out promised for next week! 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

Ametrine

VIP Member
@Curly IMO there are much better and cheaper products out there. I often wonder if companies trick us by making the trial sized products super special. I’ve found buying full sized often a big let down.
I also believe some companies make their trial sizes better than their full-sized products, to trick you into buying them.

I've experienced this with an expensive mascara, and a very expensive perfume.

• Wow

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I’ve just joined a Facebook group for Olaplex damage and just realised how badly it’s been affecting my hair. I’ve been putting it down to over prosessed colour and diet. Now I can see it was the Olaplex making my hair like straw with so much breakage. I’ve been off the Olaplex for a few weeks and can already notice the difference. Just thought I’d put this here incase others are having the same issues/ problems.

Kittylover2019

Chatty Member
So my reasons for asking. I have pernicious anemia and I have b12 injections as I can’t absorb it in my gut. I had blood work done on Saturday (I’m still awaiting the auto immune disease test to come back) but as usual my vit D, folate & iron are all low, this has been going on for years now, & taking the folic acid makes me ill. Coupled with being diagnosed coeliac, I think I’m mal absorbing a lot of vitamins due to the gluten 🌾
I’ve just been and purchased a 50 years + multivitamin (only because the dosage was higher) I’m thinking take these for a month and then the doctor wants a repeat of my bloods. Or should I be taking a separate vitamin for everything? I feel like I’m at a total loss and I dunno what to take for the best.
also those taking ashwaganda, how do you find it? Is it good? Worth me buying some
Personally I think that taking individual vitamins is better. For example the optimal dosage for Vit D is 4000 for an adult, I’d be surprised if there is anywhere near that in a multi.

Mamacita

VIP Member
Bit of a strange one, but while getting my eyebrows done last night I commented to the therapist that I feel like they're really bushy and what can be done about it. She said normally just trim them but it wouldn't work with mine as my eyebrow hairs grow in a downward direction opposed to upwards like normal. Is there anything I can do about that?! She also mentioned that if it grew upwards it would lift my eye area which is something I'm desperate to do, as I feel like that's the one part of my face that has changed over the last few years (I'm 36) and it does get me down how my eye area doesn't look as big or open eyed as it used to.
Have you tried lamination? It doesn't have to look very unnatural, if you go to someone good it can really help. I sometimes get it done and just don't brush them up like mad (photo not mine)

Attachments

Rosie878

VIP Member
I'm in the same boat - I'll be 35 end of this year and thinking about getting an appointment for botox. I've had it before for my bruxism and it is the best thing ever, however this time round I'd like to get it in my chin. Due to the grinding I'm starting to notice these cobblestone-like wrinkles appearing on my chin, even though I've never smoked. It's very faint but I obvioulsy don't want them to become permanent..... Wouldn't mind a bit of filler in my cheeks, tbh, because I feel that area could do with a lift but I'm a but scared of it.
Cheek filler is fab I’d really recommend. Not too much as can make you look a bit too angular but it does give a subtle lift. 1ml cheeks and 1ml nasolabial folds is 👌🏻 only needs topping up once a year

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
I also believe some companies make their trial sizes better than their full-sized products, to trick you into buying them.

I've experienced this with an expensive mascara, and a very expensive perfume.
I think so too. Especially perfume. Sample is stronger.

Por Que?

eternal muse do good sets! Theyre super comfy to sleep in. They also have different sizes so you can see what kind of curl you want. It does take a while to get the technique down.. I always leave it too late in the evening to put them in so I just want to go to bed haha but it’s handy in the morning!

On dry shampoo, I just use Bastise but I’ve found it working a lot better if I spray a fair amount all over my hair on day 2 and leave it to sit whilst I do my make up.. then give it a ruffle or a brush. Using a hair dryer is supposed to make it work better too but I haven’t tried that yet.
I used batiste for years but I go for the Morrisons dupe now after a recommendation on here. Absolute game changer spraying it on and leaving for a while, I use much less since adopting this approach and it looks better as a result.

MinnnieMouse

Any tips on creating a useful summer wardrobe that you'll rewear...every year when I get mine out only 10% of it is stuff I actually like and want to wear, the rest is weird/boho/colourful tat that isn't even in my style. Its like I have a style personality transplant each year. My usual style is quite classic so not sure what happens to me.

• Heart

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend decent hot air stylers for fine straight but frizzy hair? Ones that dry your hair quickly and smoothly, ideally under £100 but can go higher if it's worth it ☺
I swear by my revlon but I think you have to get the technique right. Whenever I use it I get asked if I’ve had my hair done - people assume it’s a professional blow dry which is truly the best compliment! 💁🏻‍♀️

• Heart

Rosie878

VIP Member
I’m an ex golfer.
I’ve seen too many women who didn’t wear spf have leathery skin and wrinkles and bits cut out of their faces because of skin cancer so I am really keen on spf. We need to use it summer and winter.
I used to use Clinique city block, but most tinted moisturisers have spf these days. However you need to top it up during the day! I’m not a fan of wet wipes to remove makeup at night, but a quick cleanse during the day to remove oil and sweat and reapplying spf is a good thing to do.
Don’t forget your neck, so many women golfers with leathery necks and the v mark where there polo shirt buttons were undone. Not a good look.

Also..hands! We put spf on our farms and hands. Then wash our hands are don’t reapply spf so we end up with wrinkly sun spotted hands. Buy a small sun lotion or a hand cream with spf and get into the habit of using it,

Lecture over!
Ultraviolette do a top up face spray you can use over make-up. I find it really good.

Mythoughts

Chatty Member
Thank you to those that recommended dettol soap for armpits, it's revolutionised my life! Feel so fresh!

• Heart

Olive16

Does anyone have recommendations for shops with good quality stuff but that's also trendy and clothes that look hot, not frumpy? 😅 I'm fed up with cheap looking stuff from standard high street shops, boohoo etc but also like wearing crop tops, Bodycon stuff, things that don't necessarily have to be very modest. Seems like it's so hard to find in between clothes, it's either cheap shit from shein or frumpy clothes
Marks and Spencer’s, H&M and Uniqlo are my go to shops currently! ☺

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
So my reasons for asking. I have pernicious anemia and I have b12 injections as I can’t absorb it in my gut. I had blood work done on Saturday (I’m still awaiting the auto immune disease test to come back) but as usual my vit D, folate & iron are all low, this has been going on for years now, & taking the folic acid makes me ill. Coupled with being diagnosed coeliac, I think I’m mal absorbing a lot of vitamins due to the gluten 🌾
I’ve just been and purchased a 50 years + multivitamin (only because the dosage was higher) I’m thinking take these for a month and then the doctor wants a repeat of my bloods. Or should I be taking a separate vitamin for everything? I feel like I’m at a total loss and I dunno what to take for the best.
also those taking ashwaganda, how do you find it? Is it good? Worth me buying some
I think try to target what you are low on, I really rate the vit d oral sprays, if you struggle with gut absorption. Iron is tricky because it’s heavy for your gut - so try to find one that doesn’t irritate and you’ll take regularly. I take iron every other day as that is best for absorption (I’m also anaemic but actually come up normal range in bloods!). I rate Purolabs iron.

Also try to sneak in things like red lentils, chia, leafy green veg, cacao, basmati rice which have iron in them so you’re optimising. It’s so frustrating and tbh most drs don’t have the right training to help as much as they can, we have to trial and error it past the “take a supplement” advice. I ended up terribly ill because the one they told me to take was not even a 1/4 of rda, so I bottomed out on iron until I took a handle on things myself.

You could push for an iron infusion on top of your b12 shots to get you on an even keel?

• Heart

avabella

VIP Member
Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone could give advice on the best way to clean makeup brushes? Lazier the better 🤣
Spray rubbing alcohol on a tissue, swirl brush over and over until clean. Can use straight away as doesn't get them wet.

Reactions: 5

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
Not sure if this is the right thread to post in but has anyone used the tablets that delay your period? I’m going on abroad on a hen do at the end of the month and due to have my period the whole time I’m away which isn’t ideal as I’ll be swimming/going out etc.
Yes. Ok for a few days like a holiday but not long term.
Your next period might be slightly heavier but not anything worry about.
Why ruin a good holiday when a tablet once a day will fix it

Reactions: 5