Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hytuhh

Chatty Member
Ah hells bells. I might have looked kick ass but they definitely won’t be offering me a job! Totally blindsided by some of the questions (feel they were being sneaky interviewing for two very different roles at the same time) and started having a hot flush right in the middle of it!
Don't lose hope! Some interviewers thrive on making you squirm and seeing how you act under pressure. Happened to me in my last interview but I did get offered the role. Will keep our fingers crossed for you (if you still want it)!

Reactions: 8

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I'm so happy that you were able to leave that relationship and have found a good, stable relationship with your husband! It must be hard leaving all that behind you and it does take time, please don't be too hard on yourself. Therapy sounds like a good idea and if that is something you want to give a shot, but even "regular" care can also help you so much if you're not quite ready yet to consider therapy. A hair appointment sounds lovely and I think you list of "me time maintenance" is also amazing. I also love doing things by a schedule and it makes me happy to tick things off. If you have a plan, you can work out which items make you really happy and whether others are more like a chore you don't look forward to and go from there. Or check whether there are things you'd would rather get done at a salon and not at home ❤
I can recommend the Abby Rawlinson book that was recommended to me. I got it from the library but have now bought my own copy.
Here's the first 22 pages (click on "preview this book" next to the front cover picture):

• Heart
I’m eyeing up the shower head so that’s also good to know! Has it impacted your water pressure? We’ve got an electric white box thingy so that’s my one worry with changing ours as the pressure is shut at the best of times!
Its has made a difference but more like the water comes out finer if that makes sense! I think the pressure is the same though. I was initially worried when I first put it in because of the design of the head, there is a big hole in the centre so you can't concentrate on a specific "spot" but I have gotten used to it and I have been able to rinse off properly despite thinking I might at one point!

I hope that makes sense, not the best at explaining shower heads😅

The skin on the back of my arms has improved no end, I can say that with confidence. Can't speak for my hair at the moment because it's still in the process of growing back (chemo).

• Heart

Keikochan

VIP Member
What are the best jeans that hide your belly? I’ve not got a huge one but just wear cheap primark ones and they are not flattering at all and I see women who are much bigger than me look great in jeans?
What waist height of jeans are you currently wearing? I don't think the problem is where you buy the jeans, it more like the fit, such as size & where waist is (low rise, mid rise, high waist...etc)

Reactions: 7

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Don't lose hope! Some interviewers thrive on making you squirm and seeing how you act under pressure. Happened to me in my last interview but I did get offered the role. Will keep our fingers crossed for you (if you still want it)!
Same here. I got thrown a real curve ball about a football club of all odd things, out of the blue. When I got the promotion my boss said he received feedback that I gave a calm, assured performance. Total opposite of what I had been feeling at the interview. 😁

Last edited:
  • Heart

dee_mc

VIP Member
hi,, does anyone know how to treat blisters in corner of mouth, i have had them for 2 weeks now, i wake up with hard yellow blisters, i cant even open my mouth and when im eating it hurts and bleeds. i have been putting lip balm on them but i dont know what to do.
I'd nip in to a pharmacist and ask their advice. 2 weeks is a long time so best to get it checked out. I would throw away the lip balm and your toothbrush too.

ShockAdGift

The salon I go to has quite a few clients that travel up North from Essex, London etc to avail of the significantly cheaper cost of colouring hair. So @smartalec not a mad idea at all.

Ametrine

VIP Member
In addition to washing makeup brushes, you should also wash your hair brushes!

I forgot to do this recently and was wondering why after blow-drying my hair, it was getting greasy faster than usual.

I use shampoo to wash mine. There are some brushes which are hard to wash, like ones with a cushion and a tiny hole in them, as the water gets into it (like paddle brushes). These take longer to dry out as a result.

dee_mc

VIP Member
Well you lot shamed me into washing my brushes this morning. I don't use them often so I really should get a bottle of isopropyl alcohol for quick cleansing. Today I used some old Bio Oil to loosen the foundation from my Beauty Blender sponges and my foundation brush, then finished everything with a squeeze of cleanser and a rub on my little silicone brush cleaning gimmick. Quick rinse and now they're all drying above a radiator.
Next time I use them I'll be like "ooh everything is applying so nicely with my lovely clean brushes" Then I'll forget about them again for a couple of months 😬

• Heart
Anyone got any advice for hair growth?

I've tried rosemary oil,which just gave me spots in my hairline and an itchy scalp.

Biotin did nothing.

I stupidly let the hairdresser talk me into getting a layer cut into already thin hair and my hair is just looking so stringy and like rats tails.
UK Lash do a scalp serum. I'm using it for regrowth after chemo and it seems to be doing the trick! Have it beside my toothbrush and do it every night!

• Heart

Por Que?

I really messed up my eyebrows last year so there’s been some hits and misses with the makeup over the last few months as I attempted to cover up the horror of it while they recovered. I have a really dark, wiry, old man monobrow so my approach has been to let the areas around the reaming brow recover whilst still maintaining order elsewhere. It’s been a more gradual expanding of what was there but I’ve still had some interesting stages to try and contend with. I had it in my head that the end point would be close to my natural brow with a few strays to keep on top since bushy brows are now the thing. The last couple of weeks I’ve looked awful as my brows were too much for my face unless I had eye makeup on (and sometimes even then they were still too much). I thought it was because I was still balancing unevenness with brow makeup and it would all come good in the end. I’ve been down all week and I’d not been able to break the spiral so today I allowed myself a tidy up around the brows where there’d been a flurry of growth in one area that was really impacting symmetry and shape. I’ve done 1 (maybe 2) of these already but only when they were really needed. I’ve not done anything drastic but my goodness what a difference. I’d actually go out without product on them now, they don’t consume my face anymore and it’s the mood booster I needed to get back on track with everything else. What’s the point of this post? Not sure but I feel like a new woman and I’ve done nothing but pull a few hairs out of my face.

• Heart
I've just bought the lip glaze off the back of this post. Plus a lip oil, foundation and concealer. Got a free £40 highlighter with my order 😲 excited for it to come. I think the free gift was because I did the foundation match quiz and entered my email.

I used to spend a lot on make up but in recent years just lost the urge and was short on cash, so happy to be getting back into it.
---
I'd love recommendations for a lovely summery perfume.
I’ve become obsessed with the M&S perfumes. Most of them are dupes and they’re cheap! Go have a smell and see what takes your fancy 😊

Ametrine

VIP Member
Guys, DON'T put your makeup brushes in the washing machine! The glue holding the brush/ferrule to the handle will break down!

I just fill a big mug with warm soapy water, put the brushes in there to soak for a bit, then apply shampoo to each brush and massage it until the makeup comes out. Then I rinse them. Yes it takes a bit of time, but as least the brushes won't get destroyed!

Another way is to wash them in smaller lots, so it doesn't seem such a daunting task in one go, e.g. eyeshadow brushes one week, cheek/face brushes the next.

• Heart

ChilliBean

VIP Member
I would only ever let a registrant inject Botox, so either a nurse, dentist or doctor. All sorts of cowboys offer Botox and filler now! I go to a nurse injector and she is extremely good

• Heart

altgirl

I’ve been struggling with low moods and have just had a balayage done and have promised myself to make some time for myself and pamper myself every now and then to try and help. I follow these threads and find them so useful as tbh my confidence is so low I could really do with advice on looking/ feeling better!
Can anyone recommend a decent dry shampoo? I’m a postie so I find my hair tends to get greasy quickly but I’m really trying to cut down how often I wash my hair. Also I was looking at heatless curls if anyone could recommend a set too? I think i could do with new straighteners but conscious of using less heat.

• Heart
It’s a good job I’m already lying down in bed, cos if I wasn’t, I’d be passed out on the floor after reading these posts about the coil. I don’t know how you do it 🫣🥴

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Can anyone please recommend a light daily SPF for combination skin? Maybe psychological but I only really like clear gel moisturiser as I always find creams leave my face oily 🫠
Biore Sun Watery essence spr 50. it’s a Japanese sunscreen, my holy grail for years now. Lightweight, no cast and reasonably priced.

• Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member
I clean my brushes with Fairy liquid! I of course rinse them very well too. I find the Fairy helps cut through the grease from cream products. In the past I've used baby shampoo with success too. But I always have Fairy liquid around so it wins for ease. Just a clean and soapy kitchen sink with warm water, I used the draining board ridges to agitate the brushes, then lie them all out on a tea towel at the kitchen window to dry.