Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

xbxbx

Chatty Member
I have KP on the tops of my arms and legs but nothing I try seems to be improving it. I’ve tried Ameliorate, Eucerin urea cream, E45, glycolic acid, salicylic acid and even retinol. Creams/lotions seem to clog the skin and cause breakouts and the acids irritate the skin and make it worse. KP is a form of dry skin so it should be fairly easy to treat which is so frustrating that nothing is working.

Can anyone recommend something else I can try?🤞🏼

Panstickpinkie

Really you need to stick with things for 3-6 months, obviously if you are having a strong reaction then stop. Also chopping and changing will send you skin into a spiral.

I would go back to basics, what are you skin concerns before your reactions?
Mainly fine lines and deep no 11’s, evening out skin tone, general pre-menopausal issues!

houseofhoop

VIP Member
So I ordered two petite trouser suits for my interview tomorrow… one I hated the colour and then there’s this one… I ordered some small heels but the trousers are too short for heels 🤦🏼‍♀️ so it’s either wear a black dress and jacket with flat ankle boots (clumpy!) or a mad dash into town in the morning to find some smart flat cream ones… thoughts?!
View attachment 2883761
I think those would like nice with heels,(what heels, if any, have u got)
Or white smart trainers??
Suit looks great on you tho

geegeex

Chatty Member
Does anyone have any good eyebrow product recommendations? My eyebrows are quite spares and different shapes I need something to help make them look fuller and more even!

I bought this redken shampoo and conditioner back in November and I absolutely love it. I use it once a week (I only wash my hair once a week) I’m an all over - pack them in bleached highlighted girl, I’ve also been using the colour wow spray before drying. I’ve just moved house so had to use another shampoo & conditioner and my hair feels like straw. Just used the redken and honestly I’ve missed it so much!
View attachment 2861109
I was torn between this one and the blue one (might be called damage repair?). I opted for this blue and I like it but I might try this next time!

Realitybites

VIP Member
Just looking for some advice fashion wise. I’m a plus size (16-18uk) and going on an abroad hen do. Tend to do lots of city breaks where this will be more beach/pool side, any recs were to get nice outfits that won’t break the bank?

Pinkfoxxie

Has anyone used the Laura Geller baked foundation? Trying to find something different for my skin as everything I’m using at the moment seems to do nothing 🤷🏻‍♀️

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
They should have some kind of system as to the number of people who want a special buy and then they'll know how many to do in the manufacturing run. Otherwise it can get nasty in the shop.
A few stores I've been to don't keep stuff on the shop floor. You have to ask for it, but there are no signs saying this. 🤷

~vix~83~

VIP Member
Eye lash serum advice please.
I got given some soap n glory eye lash serum for Xmas ( asked for rhe mascara 🙄🙈)
Gonna sound stupid but how do you apply it? It’s got a paintbrush style brush I was expecting a mascara wand, do I brush the product on my lashes or on the lash line? Thank you

Summer2011

Chatty Member
I just came on to say I bought the EFFN tan (hideous name btw) on offer in Superdrug, I’ve been tanning for over 15 years and I think I’ve used every brand going.
I actually liked it, I got the mouse, it doesn’t smell bad at all, it does have a very orangey tinge to it though and it has transferred onto my white bedding ☠ however I wasn’t painfully sticky after application.

I quite like putting dry shampoo on on a night, ready for the morning, feel like it makes a difference in soaking up the oils.
This is my approach!! And I just use the Penny's/Primark own brand, doesn't irritate my scalp like a lot of them (Batiste) do.
---
Are box dyes really so bad? I have a balayage kind of colour and I just want to be chocolate brown. My hairdresser has done a colour but my blonde is peeling out. I’m so tempted to just shove a box dye on myself and again when it fades to save money. Would I be wrecking my hair? Not used a box dye since I was a teenager!

Also, does anyone do their own laminated brows at home and can recommend a good kit? They cost £40 a go which I can’t afford really.
If you have very little experience of box dye I would avoid. They really can fuck up your hair, especially if you have highlights etc. they can turn green.

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
I’m an ex golfer.
I’ve seen too many women who didn’t wear spf have leathery skin and wrinkles and bits cut out of their faces because of skin cancer so I am really keen on spf. We need to use it summer and winter.
I used to use Clinique city block, but most tinted moisturisers have spf these days. However you need to top it up during the day! I’m not a fan of wet wipes to remove makeup at night, but a quick cleanse during the day to remove oil and sweat and reapplying spf is a good thing to do.
Don’t forget your neck, so many women golfers with leathery necks and the v mark where there polo shirt buttons were undone. Not a good look.

Also..hands! We put spf on our farms and hands. Then wash our hands are don’t reapply spf so we end up with wrinkly sun spotted hands. Buy a small sun lotion or a hand cream with spf and get into the habit of using it,

Lecture over!
Horsey people are the same.

Laughalong

VIP Member
Out of curiosity much was it?
On the Rhode website the case is £35, the lip balms are £16 so would be £51 together before shipping costs from America. It did also sell out in 15 min so couldn’t have bought from there anyway.

I got it for £70 for both, but there’s nutters selling just the case for over £100 on StockX and Depop, and £50 for the lip balm so really not paid THAT over the odds

BWGossip

Chatty Member
Any tips on scars/ingrown hair due to electric epilator? Bought one last year for 20 euros and it's great except for the little scars/red marks on my bikini line :confused:

NoddyFromToytown

This looks so good! Much more empowering than black! Do you definitely have no suitable shoes?
I genuinely don’t! I don’t really own work shoes as such anymore as since covid my place has become so much more casual so it’s either biker boots, smart trainers or DM sandals… none of which would fit here!
---

Last edited: