Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

geegeex

Chatty Member
Has anyone used skin and me and had good results? I'm really struggling with my skin ATM and have been since having a baby 11 months ago. I get really bad acne in my jaw line, chin etc. I currently use Cerave blemish face wash, the ordinary salicylic acid, the ordinary niacinamide then weleda skin food light. Ive been really consistent with this skin care routine and it's not really cleared uo much at all.

Realitybites

VIP Member
Just wondering if anyone has any recs for a setting powder that doesn’t go into all my fine lines? Find spray not to be enough but the powder ages me by highlighting the lines

Demilee124

Chatty Member
I’m a hair extensions girlie - I’ve currently got clip hair extensions, I’ve got a weft and then singles around my face , where I’d tie my hair up and so far so good ! I usually use hair planet but they didn’t have my color - as long as it’s remy hair you will be fine , I do make sure I go the extra mile with my hair though. Silk pillow cases and I sleep in a silk bonnet , always pop my hair in a braid when I’m not doing anything with it , a little olaplex oil in the ends a few times a week and just trying to really look after my hair !
thank you, that’s really helpful 🩷 never heard off hair planet so off to stalk them now

Panstickpinkie

Please could I have your recs for an everyday, light weight cross body bag, big enough to fit all the usual gumpf in? Thank you!

Ah no! I didn’t realise it needed heat. Oops.

I also listened to an American influencer that said the the k18 is absorbed into the hair shaft after 4 mins so you can apply conditioner if required.

I’ve got some leave in styling spray coming today that has conditioner in so won’t be making that mistake again!
I don't think it is heat activated, I have used it and never used heat and it worked! I would never put conditioner on top of it though.

geegeex

Chatty Member
Hi all ice recently had my hair cut and highlighted. I have very thick hair and the hair dresser has thinned it out and cut layers in which I don't like. I feel like my hair looks so fuzzy now it's been thinned out. Are there any products I can use to help this? Also anything worth buying to improve the over condition

avabella

VIP Member
Refy brow sculpt. Has a brush in the lid which is handy. Bit of a learning curve not using too much, making sure to remove excess product but it keeps my brows looking laminated after the lamination wears off.
I found Refy brow sculpt made my dark brows really white and flaky looking. I emailed them and they weren’t bothered at all.

susan1375

Chatty Member
NGU Super green/ power green capsules - I do feel better not as lethargic and constipated after taking these for a few weeks. I use legally prescribed high fentanyl patches which make me feel sick, lethargic and constipated (don’t know why anyone would use fentanyl for fun as in the US) and I don’t feel as bad using these. Plus they are cheap from Amazon.

Iron - I alternate taking 1 tablet and then 2 because my iron is low but not low enough for a Dr to prescribe. But low enough for clumps of hair to fall out 👌🏽
Vit d
Vit b12
Cranberry
Probiotics

I want to try magnesium but I've read conflicting info about how it will react with my antidepressant and pregablin
The exact same for me!

ChilliBean

VIP Member
Any recommendations for brow products? Something to darken and fill in but not to look overly done! Just had a baby and feel like I want to look more put together and brows might be an easy win each day!

I’ve used lots of different things in the past and currently just use an elf eye brow gel but it’s a bit meh 🫤
I’ve just bought the new maybelline build a brow and it’s great

xbxbx

Chatty Member
I’m looking for a bit of advice please. I’m having a lot of issues with my skin and I’m stuck on what I should do. I’ve been trying Skin and Me for just over a month and it’s not helping at all and tbh I think is making things worse. My main issues are:

- Acne on chin, jaw line and cheeks (hormonal?)
- Closed comedones on cheeks
- Faint melasma under eyes which seems to be getting slightly worse (this is new to my skin but is believed to be a side effect of hypothyroidism)
- Skin type seems to have changed from normal/dry to oily T-zone

I have PCOS and hypothyroidism and haven’t been on birth control for over a year. I’ve tried to keep my routine as gentle as possible and have been using either a cleansing balm or micellar water to remove makeup, Simple cleanser, Skin and Me daily doser(standard prescription of tretinoin, azelaic acid clindamycin) and Simple moisturisers.

Should I continue with Skin and Me in the hopes it gets better? Any products in my routine I should change? Do I need to admit defeat and see a GP/Derm?😩

avabella

VIP Member
Ah no! I didn’t realise it needed heat. Oops.

I also listened to an American influencer that said the the k18 is absorbed into the hair shaft after 4 mins so you can apply conditioner if required.

I’ve got some leave in styling spray coming today that has conditioner in so won’t be making that mistake again!
Is that Abby Yung? Yeh she said she had contacted k18 to ask. I think if it’s your first time/s using it, use as directed so see how it works for your hair.

Kittylover2019

Chatty Member
Ah okay! And has it bruised at all? That's one thing putting me off getting it done because when I tried out lumi eye a few months back, the injection sites were left a little bruised for a few days so if I did get botox, I think it'd have to be at a time where I haven't got to go out and about for a couple of days!

Funny you should say about lips - I've never even had a top lip 😂 I'd consider getting them done but I'm not as bothered by that as I am about all my fast-appearing wrinkles (I'm mid 30s) 😅
It’s not bruised at all, you can’t see anything this morning.

re the lips, I’m going .5ml so the absolute minimum. I really want to look a bit fresher tbh, when u catch my reflection now I think ugh you’ve aged and I never had that before,

Also I’ve never been a daily make up wearer so I can’t even brighten myself up with that, well I could, but I can’t be bothered 😂

I did enquire about my under eye as they’re a little puffy but, yeah I’m not have a cannula under my eye 😶

Icbaaaa

VIP Member
Not sure if this is the right thread to post in but has anyone used the tablets that delay your period? I’m going on abroad on a hen do at the end of the month and due to have my period the whole time I’m away which isn’t ideal as I’ll be swimming/going out etc.
I used them for holidays when I was younger and worked fine, just made my period heavier when it arrived.
I used them again for my wedding and it didn't work at all :rolleyes:

Shimmering

VIP Member
I also bought the foundation! Only tried it once but it was nice. My absolute holy grail foundation is the Charlotte tilbury beautiful skin. Armani luminous silk is a close second but I don’t wear it as much because I think the shade is slightly too dark for me ☹

I hope you love the lip glaze! Which highlighter did you get? They do a nice shade called “rose quartz” I’ve seen some people use it as a blush topper

I’m not huge on summery perfumes, I’m usually more into heavy, oud perfumes with rose notes, or very sweet, powdery perfumes.

However, 2 perfumes I wear a lot in summer are Chanel Gabrielle and Chanel mademoiselle. But if I had to choose my favourite summer perfume of all time it would be PDM Meliora. I only had a sample of it and couldn’t justify the price for how little I’d wear it, but I do miss it ☹
Do you have tips for applying the foundation? I usually just use my fingers for application.

One of the other benefits I noticed was that my sugar cravings pretty much vanished. I stopped gorging on biscuits, chocolate and fizzy drinks which also made a huge difference to my skin and hair and how I generally felt day to day. I lost a bit of weight too but that was never the goal. It’s such a simple change but it’s been so beneficial for me. Would love to hear how you get on with it💕
My skin is a DISASTER since I had my coil removed a year ago which apparently brought my PCOS up to the fore where it had been hiding away all this time 🤣. I swear it’s worse now than when I was a wee spotty teenager!

Rosie878

VIP Member
Haha, mine are uneven and I’ve never even had kids!
TBF mine were uneven beforehand too. It's just more obvious now as the skin stretched on the side producing more milk so have one bigger and quite droopy and the other has maintained it's perkiness 😂 if I had my time again I'd have bought a breast pump before going into labour 🙈

God bless the full effect wonderbra!

Pinkpenguinx

Chatty Member
Does anyone get BIAB with the gel bottle products?
My nail tech currently uses a different brand but has mentioned moving to the gel bottle. All I know about them is they are the brand associated with the HEMA nail allergies. I understand that they are now HEMA free but I really unsure if I want to continue seeing her if she moves over.
This is the brand I was using when I first had an allergic reaction to HEMA 😳 probably over exposure so unlucky but I will never use this brand again on that experience 😕. It does seem to be this brand that is mentioned time and time again with reactions.
They're putting thier prices up imminently too so something else to bear in mind as no doubt it will be passed on from the nail techs to customers