Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JE172

VIP Member
I’m in a similar situation, and in The last three months or so, I’ve been moving over to a new regime with the Ordinary brand. I’ll list below what I do if that helps? The products are not that expensive and I’ve had many comments (well 3-4, but it’s a lot when you’re 45!) about how glowing I look. I wrote this out for myself so I don’t forget

Skincare Routine

Morning

1.Cleanse with squalane cleanser
2. Treat: Multi-Peptide + HA Serum, then Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 (some times I use boots glow serum before these two)
3. Seal: moisturiser
4. sunscreen. This is so friggin important and I do it every day of the year. Picture below of what I use!

Evening before bed

Day 1
2.Treat: Retinol 1% with squalane
3.Seal: moisturiser

Day 2
1. Cleanse with squalane cleanser
2. Treat: Vitamin C suspension 23%

Day 3
2. Rose hip seed oil

(repeat evening cycle)

I used to get really bad Roscea but this keeps it away.
View attachment 2853208
View attachment 2853209
View attachment 2853211
View attachment 2853212
View attachment 2853214
View attachment 2853218
How do you find that Soltan on your face? Is it heavy or chalky? I need a super light spf to wear over moisturiser but a lot of spf50 reviews say they are chalky

Olive16

I need to get my boobs measured. Where is best for this? Currently living in crop top like and missing the lift as the babies start heading south! 😂

I’m looking for a bit of advice please. I’m having a lot of issues with my skin and I’m stuck on what I should do. I’ve been trying Skin and Me for just over a month and it’s not helping at all and tbh I think is making things worse. My main issues are:

- Acne on chin, jaw line and cheeks (hormonal?)
- Closed comedones on cheeks
- Faint melasma under eyes which seems to be getting slightly worse (this is new to my skin but is believed to be a side effect of hypothyroidism)
- Skin type seems to have changed from normal/dry to oily T-zone

I have PCOS and hypothyroidism and haven’t been on birth control for over a year. I’ve tried to keep my routine as gentle as possible and have been using either a cleansing balm or micellar water to remove makeup, Simple cleanser, Skin and Me daily doser(standard prescription of tretinoin, azelaic acid clindamycin) and Simple moisturisers.

Should I continue with Skin and Me in the hopes it gets better? Any products in my routine I should change? Do I need to admit defeat and see a GP/Derm?😩
Solidarity, my skin has gone bananas since I had my coil removed. I haven’t cracked it yet, I find a salicylic acid does help me when I have breakouts. I currently have The Ordinary’s anhydrous formula but it goes sit a bit greasy on my skin. Probably not worth adding anything whilst you are deciding if Skin and Me is for you though! La Roche Posay’s Anthelios Oil Control SPF is excellent for my oily skin. Doesn’t leave a white cast, kind of dries down to a powder finish. It’s not cheap but it’s worth it for me! They do a tinted one but the colour doesn’t suit me at all, there is literally one tint colour which is kind of useless!

Panstickpinkie

How long are you trying each product for? Did you speak to Skin & Me to adjust the recipe for you?

Most of the time you skin will react, but you have to ride it out. I have been with skin and me for a year, I can honestly say I didn't think it was working but my skin is so clear and glowing now.
Yes I did speak to them but they told me not to use tret again because I had such a severe reaction to it, they didn’t consider adjusting the recipe, just don’t use it again!
Yeah maybe you’re right, I ought to be more patient with how long I’m using them before declaring them No good for my skin.

Im not ok

What are the best jeans that hide your belly? I’ve not got a huge one but just wear cheap primark ones and they are not flattering at all and I see women who are much bigger than me look great in jeans?

Essie ballet slippers is 👌🏻👌🏻 and Chanel ballerina is very similar but imho not as good as Essie
---

💯 I wear it everyday of the year without fail
Can anyone please recommend a light daily SPF for combination skin? Maybe psychological but I only really like clear gel moisturiser as I always find creams leave my face oily 🫠

sweetbabymango

My t-zone gets oily very easily, it's so frustrating. I wear makeup on a daily and carry blotting sheets and powder with me.
Does anyone have any tips on how to manage it?

Realitybites

VIP Member
They should have some kind of system as to the number of people who want a special buy and then they'll know how many to do in the manufacturing run. Otherwise it can get nasty in the shop.
A few stores I've been to don't keep stuff on the shop floor. You have to ask for it, but there are no signs saying this. 🤷
I walked round the middle aisles twice this morning looking for the beauty special buys. Ended up having to ask staff where they were and were by the tills, first time my stores done that

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Thanks for posting this but it now makes me want by to set my whole wardrobe on fire! Mine looks very similar to the ‘wrong’ wardrobe and not the capsule wardrobe 😭!
Yes, I've just dug out my summer wardrobe as we've had a few warm days. I asked myself looking at them on a rail, what I would save (in a fire/on a sinking ship), and it wasn't much. The rest I'd consign to Jericho!
I'm eagerly awaiting her sorting the client's wardrobe, to hopefully get some tips on sorting mine.
All I can think to do is put all my favourites on a separate rail to see if I could see a colour combination for a capsule wardrobe, like she was doing in this video.
The shoes thing sounded a good idea - more neutral coloured footwear to go with everything, so I might start with shoes. 🤔

Zulkraa

VIP Member
Protein Formula, it used to be under a different name (Nailtiques) but the factory burnt down. This is the only thing I have ever been able to use and honestly I had talons. It has protein in it and you need to do it every day but after about 6 weeks mine were so strong. I haven't used the new brand as I still have a bottle of the old stuff.
I’m still using my old bottle of Nailtiques 😂

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
Is the NARS virtual colour matcher online any good? I've done it and it says Vienna for me. I've seen really good things about their foundation but I don't have any counters near me

unfinishedsentenc

VIP Member
Can people please share their opinions and experiences on laser hair removal? Would you recommend it, how many sessions etc? I'm pale but get quite dark body hair. My face and neck are just awful because I have PCOS and they will be the first areas that I need sorted! Second will be my legs. Therapie clinics seem to have good reviews too.