Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ack13

Not sure if this is the right thread to post in but has anyone used the tablets that delay your period? I’m going on abroad on a hen do at the end of the month and due to have my period the whole time I’m away which isn’t ideal as I’ll be swimming/going out etc.

avabella

VIP Member
Has anyone used skin and me and had good results? I'm really struggling with my skin ATM and have been since having a baby 11 months ago. I get really bad acne in my jaw line, chin etc. I currently use Cerave blemish face wash, the ordinary salicylic acid, the ordinary niacinamide then weleda skin food light. Ive been really consistent with this skin care routine and it's not really cleared uo much at all.
Skin and Me or Dermatica 🙏🏼

I’d ditch the cerave, it’ll be drying you out like no one’s business.

mary11

Can anyone recommend anything for thinning hair? My hair is thick and curly at the top but really thin at the ends. Noticed it since i started getting keratin blowdrys which i’ve stopped but my hair has stayed thin at the ends

What’s the best shampoo to use for colour preservation. I feel my highlights fade fast
Oh, you might need to do a clarifying wash!! I follow a hairdresser on Instagram and she's big on doing these to keep the colour fresh! Sabrina Hill, she uses baking soda first and then just a volumising shampoo! Not regularly cause it's drying but every 2 weeks maybe 🤷🏼‍♀️ can't remember how often she says

Olive16

Where’s best to buy slouchy socks… the kind to wear with my mules! I hope people know what I mean! 😬😂

Realitybites

VIP Member
Has anyone used skin and me and had good results? I'm really struggling with my skin ATM and have been since having a baby 11 months ago. I get really bad acne in my jaw line, chin etc. I currently use Cerave blemish face wash, the ordinary salicylic acid, the ordinary niacinamide then weleda skin food light. Ive been really consistent with this skin care routine and it's not really cleared uo much at all.
I did it for a few months - stopped due to costs but they gave me a good deal to restart so about a week in to my 2nd go at it. It’s not overnight but my skin improved with it first time

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Those of you who use the Current Body LED facemask, I used it without issue for a while. Stopped as I just didn't have time and have started again but seem to be getting really red, dry and itchy patches where the mask has contact with the skin. Mainly my forehead and tops of my cheeks. Should I be doing something different?

I do tend to use after my skin & me but I was using this way before the LED mask.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Oh, you might need to do a clarifying wash!! I follow a hairdresser on Instagram and she's big on doing these to keep the colour fresh! Sabrina Hill, she uses baking soda first and then just a volumising shampoo! Not regularly cause it's drying but every 2 weeks maybe 🤷🏼‍♀️ can't remember how often she says
Does this wash out the toner? I was hoping for a good colour shampoo

Random Q - my partner (male 30) has very acne prone skin and would get a lot of blackheads. He asked me for some skincare advice and I have got him using cerave oil control as well as salicylic acid etc. Is this not the way to go with acne prone skin? I didn’t have acne myself (my problems are more dryness & texture) and I’m also fairly clueless about my own skincare so probably shouldn’t be giving him advice 🙃
The best thing for my blackheads and open pores has been niacinamide. I like The Ordinary’s and it’s fairly cheap. I also use Cerave. Don’t find it drying but not amazed by it, and it needs used up! I am also a fan of The Ordinary’s squalane cleanser. Recently got Wonderscrub from BeautyPie (free trial then cancelled) and find it makes a huge difference - my skin looks really smooth after but you do need to keep it up every few days (not daily!) x

barrrlohflaughs

Chatty Member
Any recommendations for a hair curler? I’ve recently had my hair cut short and struggling to style it. I’ve got an airwrap but the curls drop after about 5 minutes and I can’t get a loose wave with them. I’ve tried my straighteners but I can only make one half look decent and then my hair smells burnt for the rest of the day 😩

barrrlohflaughs

Chatty Member
Does anyone know if you can return unused false tan to Superdrug? I bought 2 bottles of EFFN and now I’m regretting it because I’ve never fake tanned before apart from the occasional gradual tan.

I got the tanning water and used it on my face but the smell was really strong and I had a bit of an orange tinge 😩 I also bought a foam one that I haven’t used but can’t see myself ever using it now