Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know if you can return unused false tan to Superdrug? I bought 2 bottles of EFFN and now I’m regretting it because I’ve never fake tanned before apart from the occasional gradual tan.

I got the tanning water and used it on my face but the smell was really strong and I had a bit of an orange tinge 😩 I also bought a foam one that I haven’t used but can’t see myself ever using it now

I just came on to say I bought the EFFN tan (hideous name btw) on offer in Superdrug, I’ve been tanning for over 15 years and I think I’ve used every brand going.
I actually liked it, I got the mouse, it doesn’t smell bad at all, it does have a very orangey tinge to it though and it has transferred onto my white bedding ☠ however I wasn’t painfully sticky after application.

My t-zone gets oily very easily, it's so frustrating. I wear makeup on a daily and carry blotting sheets and powder with me.
Does anyone have any tips on how to manage it?

I just came on to say I bought the EFFN tan (hideous name btw) on offer in Superdrug, I’ve been tanning for over 15 years and I think I’ve used every brand going.
I actually liked it, I got the mouse, it doesn’t smell bad at all, it does have a very orangey tinge to it though and it has transferred onto my white bedding ☠ however I wasn’t painfully sticky after application.
I think because I used the spray on my face I could smell it more. I could also taste it 😂 it does have an orangey tinge to it too doesn’t. It didn’t seem bad at first then when I went to leave the house and looked in brighter light I had to go and wash my face to try and make it less obvious 😅 it’s a shame for me because the coverage was good! I might try the foam one I got on an inconspicuous area first lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1
My t-zone gets oily very easily, it's so frustrating. I wear makeup on a daily and carry blotting sheets and powder with me.
I would try a mattifying setting spray over makeup to reduce shine and makeup break down. I use the caudelie instant detox mask and it’s great for oil and reducing pores.

• Heart
I’ve heard thhe Revlon volcanic roller is good and can be used over makeup!😀

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Before I delve into the (very expensive!!) world of red LED masks, has anyone used a device like this and found any benefits?
I can't comment on this particular device but I use my Omnilux every day and have definitely seen improvements in my skin.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a hot brush? Kind of like the ghd rise type not a hair dryer with a brush attachment….if that makes any sense!!!

I have oily skin and I find blotting my face after I apply my skincare/spf then a layer of setting spray before makeup helps to keep them at bay for a few hours but I always have to blot half way through the day. I don’t really use powder now as it gets really cakey after a while. I use the L’Oreal infallible setting mist.

eta: gel type moisturisers and serums are best for oily skin, don’t over prep it

Reactions: 4
I have an oily t zone and have recently started using a matte primer, just a cheap one from loreal, and the difference is unreal

Reactions: 3
Does anyone have any recommendations for a hot brush? Kind of like the ghd rise type not a hair dryer with a brush attachment….if that makes any sense!!!
I have a revlon one step and highly rate it. You can get it in different sizes dependent on how long/thick your hair is.

Before I delve into the (very expensive!!) world of red LED masks, has anyone used a device like this and found any benefits?
There is a thread on here which goes into loads of details about different beauty gadgets: https://tattle.life/threads/beyond-skincare-4-cosmetic-devices-and-procedures.35447/
I find it slightly frustrating as I prefer hearing about procedures but those ladies love their devices and know their stuff about them!

has anyone tried skinny tan wonder serum? I got a sample size version and had really high hopes (Emily Innes the stylist lady on insta recommends it and I find her very genuine and trustworthy). I got the mitt to apply it. I do think it develops a good colour and it lasts for a good 6/7 days but I can never seem to get the application quite right. I think my legs are a lost cause and the fake tan just seems to highlight my strawberry skin. I really want to stick with it as I seem to tolerate it quite well and don’t have a reaction to it.

The lady with the oily skin - don’t underestimate toner. I only discovered how effective it can be in my early 30’s. If you’re under 35 the Elemis lavender toner is fab. Beyond that I’m 37 and really liking tropic juicy greens or the medik8 press and glow.

There is a thread on here which goes into loads of details about different beauty gadgets: https://tattle.life/threads/beyond-skincare-4-cosmetic-devices-and-procedures.35447/
I find it slightly frustrating as I prefer hearing about procedures but those ladies love their devices and know their stuff about them!

has anyone tried skinny tan wonder serum? I got a sample size version and had really high hopes (Emily Innes the stylist lady on insta recommends it and I find her very genuine and trustworthy). I got the mitt to apply it. I do think it develops a good colour and it lasts for a good 6/7 days but I can never seem to get the application quite right. I think my legs are a lost cause and the fake tan just seems to highlight my strawberry skin. I really want to stick with it as I seem to tolerate it quite well and don’t have a reaction to it.

The lady with the oily skin - don’t underestimate toner. I only discovered how effective it can be in my early 30’s. If you’re under 35 the Elemis lavender toner is fab. Beyond that I’m 37 and really liking tropic juicy greens or the medik8 press and glow.
Oh great, off to have a deep dive 🤣

My pal swears by the wonder serum but I’ve not had much success with it - I prefer Bondi Sands.

Wow the Nars sheer glow foundation is certainly living up to the hype I've seen 🙌🏻✨️ I used their colour matcher thingamajig online where you take a photo of yourself and it matches you and the colour match is perfect 👌🏻 worn it for the first time today, been running round like a headless chicken all day and have oily skin but it is still in place perfectly 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Does anyone have any good eyebrow product recommendations? My eyebrows are quite spares and different shapes I need something to help make them look fuller and more even!

Does anyone have any good eyebrow product recommendations? My eyebrows are quite spares and different shapes I need something to help make them look fuller and more even!
I really like Benefit - Precisely My Brow for filling in X

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.