Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have quite frizzy wild hair and have used the Remmington Shine Therapy ones for years now since my GHDs broke and they're so good and such a low budget option, pretty sure I seen them for £30 in Boots recently
I got the Remington straighteners from Boots at £29.99 on the back of this post and that I think my 10 year old GHDs are on their way out (they keep beeping which usually means the cable joint to the iron has worn loose). Verdict - they are really good at straightening my hair, I set them I the same temperature at GHDs and was impressed. However, they feel so cheap in comparison, I can hear the plastic outer creaking when I use them. I can’t see them lasting anywhere near as long as GHD. I’ll keep them as an emergency set for when my GHD do die but I think I’ll have a new set on next day delivery straightaway!

Reactions: 2
Just wondering if anyone has any recs for a setting powder that doesn’t go into all my fine lines? Find spray not to be enough but the powder ages me by highlighting the lines
I really like Hourglass setting powder it was between that and Huda but the hourglass had an offer on 😂 I doubt you will go wrong with either x

Reactions: 3
I got the Remington straighteners from Boots at £29.99 on the back of this post and that I think my 10 year old GHDs are on their way out (they keep beeping which usually means the cable joint to the iron has worn loose). Verdict - they are really good at straightening my hair, I set them I the same temperature at GHDs and was impressed. However, they feel so cheap in comparison, I can hear the plastic outer creaking when I use them. I can’t see them lasting anywhere near as long as GHD. I’ll keep them as an emergency set for when my GHD do die but I think I’ll have a new set on next day delivery straightaway!
Ah no way! I've had mine a good 6 or so years now and they're amazing! That's a shame if they've changed the quality of them from when I got them ☹

I’m looking for a bit of advice please. I’m having a lot of issues with my skin and I’m stuck on what I should do. I’ve been trying Skin and Me for just over a month and it’s not helping at all and tbh I think is making things worse. My main issues are:

- Acne on chin, jaw line and cheeks (hormonal?)
- Closed comedones on cheeks
- Faint melasma under eyes which seems to be getting slightly worse (this is new to my skin but is believed to be a side effect of hypothyroidism)
- Skin type seems to have changed from normal/dry to oily T-zone

I have PCOS and hypothyroidism and haven’t been on birth control for over a year. I’ve tried to keep my routine as gentle as possible and have been using either a cleansing balm or micellar water to remove makeup, Simple cleanser, Skin and Me daily doser(standard prescription of tretinoin, azelaic acid clindamycin) and Simple moisturisers.

Should I continue with Skin and Me in the hopes it gets better? Any products in my routine I should change? Do I need to admit defeat and see a GP/Derm?😩
I was exactly the same as you but I am now on year two of skin and me and my skin is glowing!

It will get worse before it gets better, you skin has to purge, skin&me recommend 8-16 weeks to see changes and 6-12 months to stay steady with the results. As @Mamacite has said you should stick with a new product for 3 months to let it do its thing.

Reactions: 1
I don't know if what I'm looking for is going to make any sense but anyway, can any of you recommend anything I could use to match my face to my tan? I use fake tan but don't do my face as it always gives me spots or goes patchy really quickly and clings to dry spots. I hate wearing anything like foundation so don't want to do that every day, and I've been using rimmel instant tan but I find by the end of the day it's started to go patchy and if I touch my face it comes off easily. Help:ROFLMAO:

I don't know if what I'm looking for is going to make any sense but anyway, can any of you recommend anything I could use to match my face to my tan? I use fake tan but don't do my face as it always gives me spots or goes patchy really quickly and clings to dry spots. I hate wearing anything like foundation so don't want to do that every day, and I've been using rimmel instant tan but I find by the end of the day it's started to go patchy and if I touch my face it comes off easily. Help:ROFLMAO:
I'm in the same boat and use Nars powder bronzer. You can get tanning drops for the face - I use a toner with AHA and a retinol so don't bother as I'd just be taking it straight off but they are good. Tan Luxe and Tropic do good face drops x

Reactions: 3
Been really upset with my skin and general appearance lately :( I'm turning 35 at the end of the month and while I think I still look quite youthful 'for my age' (yes, I know 35 is nowhere near 'old' 😂) I'm really noticing changes that make me feel bleh. In particular around my eyes - I've always had hooded eyes but they def look saggier now and make me look tired. I also have some fine lines under my eyes and when I smile my under eyes look bigger/puffier now if that makes sense. I've had fleeting thoughts of an upper/under blepharoplasty which is madness! I went with a friend to her botox appointment recently out of curiosity and they recommended Tixel laser treatment for my under eyes as opposed to botox - which I'm considering.

The other thing is my skin - I always used to have quite good skin but feel like I'm really blotchy now with uneven texture and maybe even some rosacea.

(Doesn't help that I now have all my iCloud photos on my phone - so I've been obsessively analysing old photos from years ago and comparing them to my photos now!)

Sooooo all of this to say - does anyone have any must-have products, treatments to improve the look of your eyes and skin texture/tone?

Ordered some more Lumineux teeth whitening strips which I plan to start using tonight - that can be the first step in my self care routine 🤣

Sorry for this rant haha. I know aging happens us to all and it's SUCH a vapid thing to get hung up over but at the same time it's such a weird experience - feeling like you almost don't recognise yourself!
Same, I’m 35 next Jan and I was thinking the same today. Tbh, I’ve given up feeling guilty or vain for caring, I DO care - a lot! I get Botox, hair dyed at the hairdressers but apart from that just buy decent skincare. I’m no expert, I get some bits from Avene, some Neals Yard and one or two expensive things from my friends clinic like Obagi and PCA.

Also going to start using a kettlebell to tone up arms and legs, I feel like I’ve got squishier recently 🫠
---
There are loads of fake long champ’s, I’d never trust one second hand. There’s an outlet in Bicester or they have them on the Secret Sales website sometimes

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Same, I’m 35 next Jan and I was thinking the same today. Tbh, I’ve given up feeling guilty or vain for caring, I DO care - a lot! I get Botox, hair dyed at the hairdressers but apart from that just buy decent skincare. I’m no expert, I get some bits from Avene, some Neals Yard and one or two expensive things from my friends clinic like Obagi and PCA.

Also going to start using a kettlebell to tone up arms and legs, I feel like I’ve got squishier recently 🫠
I'm in the same boat - I'll be 35 end of this year and thinking about getting an appointment for botox. I've had it before for my bruxism and it is the best thing ever, however this time round I'd like to get it in my chin. Due to the grinding I'm starting to notice these cobblestone-like wrinkles appearing on my chin, even though I've never smoked. It's very faint but I obvioulsy don't want them to become permanent..... Wouldn't mind a bit of filler in my cheeks, tbh, because I feel that area could do with a lift but I'm a but scared of it.

I'm in the same boat - I'll be 35 end of this year and thinking about getting an appointment for botox. I've had it before for my bruxism and it is the best thing ever, however this time round I'd like to get it in my chin. Due to the grinding I'm starting to notice these cobblestone-like wrinkles appearing on my chin, even though I've never smoked. It's very faint but I obvioulsy don't want them to become permanent..... Wouldn't mind a bit of filler in my cheeks, tbh, because I feel that area could do with a lift but I'm a but scared of it.
From what I gather, Botox in the lower face isn’t always the best thing for skin texture. Have a look at profhilo and microdermabrasion and a good weekly acid toner. I use the ordinary glycolic acid once a week or the nip&fab glycolic scrub and it’s helped with a fine smile line.

• Heart
From what I gather, Botox in the lower face isn’t always the best thing for skin texture. Have a look at profhilo and microdermabrasion and a good weekly acid toner. I use the ordinary glycolic acid once a week or the nip&fab glycolic scrub and it’s helped with a fine smile line.
Oooh, thank you for that! I'm getting microdermabrasion monthly for years now and use glycolic acid (Inkey List) also, but it doesn't seem it's cutting it, because I think the it is from muscle tension from the teeth grinding. But I'll look into the profhilo as well ❤

Oooh, thank you for that! I'm getting microdermabrasion monthly for years now and use glycolic acid (Inkey List) also, but it doesn't seem it's cutting it, because I think the it is from muscle tension from the teeth grinding. But I'll look into the profhilo as well ❤
I have heard Potenza is meant to be good, it's radio frequency microneedling. Good for texture, fine lines and volume/plumpness. I haven't got it done yet as I need to wait another year and a half from a medical issue before I can get it done!

• Heart
I have heard Potenza is meant to be good, it's radio frequency microneedling. Good for texture, fine lines and volume/plumpness. I haven't got it done yet as I need to wait another year and a half from a medical issue before I can get it done!

Not me, running off to research that, I've never heard of it! Thank you!!!!

They may sound creaky but they do like. They are workhorses not pretty ponies! You can get better quality ones too. I have had Remingtons and GHD. I prefer the former.

Cheek filler is fab I’d really recommend. Not too much as can make you look a bit too angular but it does give a subtle lift. 1ml cheeks and 1ml nasolabial folds is 👌🏻 only needs topping up once a year

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m 40 and finding that it takes a lot more effort to look even half way ok. I have difficult hair and difficult skin. If I had the money, I’d love to get Botox on a forehead line and some filler in my cheeks and lips. I’ve also developed odd textural issues on my chin. I look like there’s acne there, but it’s skin coloured. No idea how to smooth it out.
---
Cheek filler is fab I’d really recommend. Not too much as can make you look a bit too angular but it does give a subtle lift. 1ml cheeks and 1ml nasolabial folds is 👌🏻 only needs topping up once a year
Once a year? Interesting. I have terrible bone structure. Flat cheeks, very pointed nose and a weak chin. My profile is terrible. I’ve often thought that a bit of filler in my cheeks would make such a difference.

• Heart
I’m 40 and finding that it takes a lot more effort to look even half way ok. I have difficult hair and difficult skin. If I had the money, I’d love to get Botox on a forehead line and some filler in my cheeks and lips. I’ve also developed odd textural issues on my chin. I look like there’s acne there, but it’s skin coloured. No idea how to smooth it out.
---

Once a year? Interesting. I have terrible bone structure. Flat cheeks, very pointed nose and a weak chin. My profile is terrible. I’ve often thought that a bit of filler in my cheeks would make such a difference.
Chin filler is also fab. I think it’s a really under rated place to have filler. I know what you mean. I literally don’t have a jaw line 😭🤣

• Heart
@tinklypom @ThisIsMyDragName @barrrlohflaughs @IdeletedbutI'mbackagain @Mamacita @JoeBloggs

Thank you so much everyone, I really appreciate it(apologies if I’ve missed anyone). Based on all of your advice I think I will continue with Skin and Me and if I see no changes after 3 months I will get in touch with them and possibly ask for a different formulation. I will also change from Simple products. I’ve been using them longer than Skin and Me but I just don’t feel like they’re cutting it. I’ll stick to more gentle products but maybe a bit lighter in formulation. I will also continue trialing SPFs until I find my holy grail.

I WILL have clear skin one day!😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@tinklypom @ThisIsMyDragName @barrrlohflaughs @IdeletedbutI'mbackagain @Mamacita @JoeBloggs

Thank you so much everyone, I really appreciate it(apologies if I’ve missed anyone). Based on all of your advice I think I will continue with Skin and Me and if I see no changes after 3 months I will get in touch with them and possibly ask for a different formulation. I will also change from Simple products. I’ve been using them longer than Skin and Me but I just don’t feel like they’re cutting it. I’ll stick to more gentle products but maybe a bit lighter in formulation. I will also continue trialing SPFs until I find my holy grail.

I WILL have clear skin one day!😂
You will!! I hope it happens soon for you 🩷

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.