Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MinnnieMouse

I have this problem! I buy for a fictional version of myself who goes on a lot of lovely beach holidays. Not for the real me who lives in Scotland and needs something more than just kaftans to get through summer 😅
Haha, I think I've been buying things for a budget Sienna Miller circa 2003 when I'm curvier and rather a lot older than Sienna in 2003

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Summer2011

Chatty Member
Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone could give advice on the best way to clean makeup brushes? Lazier the better 🤣
Not gunna lie I chuck mine in a pillow case, tie it with a bobble, then straight in the wash on a delicate & pray for the best 🙏🏻

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

LifeOfMog

VIP Member
Layers. I’m a keen hiker and at this time of year I wear a thermal or merino tee shirt with a lightweight long sleeved top and a fleece jumper. In my rucksack I carry a lightweight but warm puffer type jacket and waterproof. I wear either leggings or walking trousers, never jeans as they are awful if they get wet. Spare socks are a good idea and hat and gloves as the weather can change rapidly on the hills. Have a great trip!
Thank you so much !! Do you have any website / shop recommendations? I'm not an avid hiker, but this is something we are thinking of doing in Scotland later this year so I want to get my use out of it but not spend an arm and a leg 😂
Thank you !! We're taking our pup with us too so I can't wait for him to have an amazing trip with us 🥰
---
Also in response to all these coil stories, I have heard some purely traumatic experiences which thankfully I didn't experience !! I had mine in for a year, and had it removed as it caused me to have horrific back pain and my partner could actually feel it too which made me feel odd lol.
But the worst story I heard was from a friends MIL - she had her coil in for 4 years, one check up and they couldn't find it, went for scans and it has some how made it's way up within the muscle / tissue of her lung ...

• Wow
Reactions: 10

fishyfishfish

VIP Member

Zulkraa

VIP Member
Tomorrow is nail day and I am hopeless at picking colours I’m usually red or black but fancy something different. Does anyone have any spring colour inspiration?
I found a few ideas for you. I’ll put them under a spoiler as they will take up too much space on the thread

IMG_2850.jpeg
IMG_2853.jpeg
IMG_2854.jpeg
IMG_2855.jpeg
IMG_2856.jpeg
IMG_2857.jpeg
IMG_2858.jpeg
IMG_2859.jpeg
IMG_2860.jpeg
IMG_2863.jpeg
IMG_2862.jpeg
IMG_2861.jpeg
IMG_2867.jpeg
IMG_2868.jpeg
IMG_2869.jpeg

• Heart

xoxogossip_girl

VIP Member
Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone could give advice on the best way to clean makeup brushes? Lazier the better 🤣
Honestly my dragons den idea is a professional makeup brush washing service, I have often bought new brushes instead of washing ones. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
I used to have lovely dark silky hair. Oh how I miss it!
Now I have grey menopausal hair that hates humidity and frizzes at the slightest opportunity.
Tried lots of stuff, spent a fortune.
Just bought the new Elvive stuff, pink wrapping, expensive.
Half price in Sainsbury’s with a nectar card.
Didn’t buy the shampoo, conditioner or lamination (whatever that is) just the serum and,,,it worked for me!
Two drops on wet hair before drying ( I have thick hair, short to shoulder length) and it really worked. Frizz free, shiny. Great!
Better than Colour Wow which is my go to for special occasions as it it is to expensive for every day use.
One bottle of this stuff will last for ages. Might need a bit more on holiday.

• Haha
  • Heart

NoddyFromToytown

Did you waffle something in your answer? I always think as long as you said something it could’ve been what they were looking for! It’s never as bad as we think. We put too much pressure on ourselves
Far too much! They rang me and I didn’t get it, I knew I hadn’t but she didn’t even offer any feedback just pretty much hung up on me. Good job I didn’t want it anyway!

• Sad
  • Heart

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
Wow the Nars sheer glow foundation is certainly living up to the hype I've seen 🙌🏻✨️ I used their colour matcher thingamajig online where you take a photo of yourself and it matches you and the colour match is perfect 👌🏻 worn it for the first time today, been running round like a headless chicken all day and have oily skin but it is still in place perfectly 😍

• Heart

xoxogossip_girl

VIP Member
Not 100% sure if this is true/fact
But seemingly getting filler is contributing to cancer as it’s blocking the nymph nodes
Let’s be careful not to scaremonger, there is no scientific proof of this at all. It can lead to problems with lymphatics if not done properly but hasn’t been linked to cancer. Eating processed meat or sunbathing are more dangerous tbh.

• Heart

Codiaeum

VIP Member
As you know I’ve been struggling with my self esteem and self care! I’ve booked a hair consultation for a few weeks time, just to go through some options. I’m enquiring about laser hair removal for my chin and neck. As silly as this sounds (I love to tick off a list!) I’m going to have a daily, weekly, monthly to do list for my self care routines etc! I was in an abusive relationship for most of my younger years 17-28 and I’m wondering if I need to look at having some therapy to deal with how I feel about myself due to this relationship! I just feel awful as I now have a wonderful husband who tries so hard to make me feel a million dollars and this must be so draining for him! 😭

I'm so happy that you were able to leave that relationship and have found a good, stable relationship with your husband! It must be hard leaving all that behind you and it does take time, please don't be too hard on yourself. Therapy sounds like a good idea and if that is something you want to give a shot, but even "regular" care can also help you so much if you're not quite ready yet to consider therapy. A hair appointment sounds lovely and I think you list of "me time maintenance" is also amazing. I also love doing things by a schedule and it makes me happy to tick things off. If you have a plan, you can work out which items make you really happy and whether others are more like a chore you don't look forward to and go from there. Or check whether there are things you'd would rather get done at a salon and not at home ❤

• Heart

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Not an every day conditioner but I’ve been using the Colour Wow & Chris Appleton Money Masque once a week and liking it.

Missed you Scorpihoe! Any recent products you’re loving? I’ve ordered the Giorgio Armani fluid sheer glow in 11 which I’ve seen people rave about online.. also hearing the Elf Clout Pout lipsticks rival Hourglass Phantom Balm and only £8 👀
You’ve convinced me. I’m getting it! 🥰 I’ve got to try the elf clout pout now! How’s the fluid sheer? Worth it?

Missed you guys 🥹 omg yes I love this question 😂

• Aveeno oat gel moisturiser - is okay…apparently it’s a dupe of the Tatcha water cream, I haven’t tried it, but this is an alright moisturiser. It’s almost gel like, sinks into the skin beautifully, but I just prefer a thicker moisturiser (like Nivea lol). Okay for the price, not much in the pot

• Sol de janeiro delicia drench body butter - smells heavenly, I much prefer the thicker texture of this one, compared to their other creams

• Haus labs hybrid lip glaze - I got the shade guava and it is stunningggggg. Literally I’ve had 4 compliments whilst wearing this. It’s so comfortable, it doesn’t feel thin or watery, but feels very soft and comfortable. Purchasing in multiple shades asap

• Kayali oudgasm rose oud perfume - this is really nice, it’s a good blend of rose and oud, but a bit heavier on the oud. Good projection and lasting power

• Clinique take the day off cleansing balm - guys I was an Elemis girl through and through, until I tried this. Don’t get me wrong, the Elemis is still amazing and the smell is gorgeous, but the Clinique is sliiiiightly better because I prefer the texture and it doesn’t irritate my contact lenses. I’ll be purchasing this one from now on. It doesn’t smell like anything

That’s all for now 🌚 I’m sure I’ll make a Sephora order tonight and have more unsolicited reviews coming soon 😛

• Heart
  • Haha

MissTeddy

VIP Member
I am looking at my wardrobe and i feel like burning it all and starting again :ROFLMAO:
One of my issues is that I've gained about half a stone and all my trousers are really tight - I am struggling to lose the weight but at the same time I don't want to buy clothes in a bigger size. I'm resorting to wearing stretchy black pants and then trying to coordinate some tops around this. I really want to have a chic, French style wardrobe but then i forget that and spend £50 on Shein. I know I'm my own worst enemy.

• Heart
  • Haha

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
Quick tip for those not getting on with lash/brow serums, castor oil! You can even get bottles that come with a tube and wand. It's magic stuff.

• Heart

Chillilau

Hello! I'm usually a lurker but I'm in desperate need of some tips! I had a baby 7 weeks ago and need all of your tips on how I can feel a bit more put together without having to spend ages getting ready.
I can't afford go get my lashes done, but i know you can buy cluster lashes that last a few days, does anyone have any recommendations? And maybe some good face tanning drops or a good tinted moisturiser? And anything else that could help really, so I can feel a bit more like me again.

• Heart

Kittylover2019

Chatty Member
Here’s an example of one of my Pinterest boards for anyone interested
IMG_1497.png
IMG_1498.png

The outfit above I recreated, I already have the jeans and boots, I searched a similar top from Next, I think it was £14 and the jacket I got a similar one from Asda which was around £25 I think.

• Heart

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I swear by my revlon but I think you have to get the technique right. Whenever I use it I get asked if I’ve had my hair done - people assume it’s a professional blow dry which is truly the best compliment! 💁🏻‍♀️
Whenever I use my revlon I find the ends or bottom part of my hair looks very rounded a bit like this 😂😬

Attachments

• Haha

BWGossip

Chatty Member
Could you tell me what an oil bath for your nails is please and how you do it?
Thank you ☺
Of course! It was something recommended by a manicurist on youtube and it's definitely helped my nail be healthier (now they are long-ish and don't break off) and it helps limit damages from nail polishes. From what I understand it acts as a conditioning treatment for your nails (just like hot hair treatment). Every week I take off my nail polish and do my manicure (without reapplying nail polish) then I put some oil in a little bowl (usually sunflower oil, but jojoba or avocado oils are good too). In another bigger bowl I put some boiling water and put the little bowl of oil in it. I put my hand in it for 5-10mn, dab the excess oil with a tissue and then do the other hand. I guess you could heat the bowl of oil in the microwave but I've never tried, so can't vauch for that. I usually wait the next day to reapply nail polish. It makes the white of my nails very white too! (sorry for the essay but wanted to be clear 😅)

Cam anyone recommend a good foot cream? I used one of those foot peeling sock things and had baby soft skin after the initial peel but my feet has gotten ten times drier than they were before ☹
Look for a cream with urea (around 10% is good), it nourish and exfoliate at the same time (though it makes the texture a bit tacky, so wouldn't use them in the morning). Eucerin has a good one and Kerasal is another popular one (though harder to find, depending where you live and it's more vaseline-like)

• Heart