Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do not recommend JVN hair products. I got the red and green shampoo and the red conditioner and they dried my hair out so much. I also got the hair shine oil, air dry creme, leave-in conditioner and heat protectant serum and they're all naff. Damn expensive mistake to make.

I got the Ameliorate Nourishing Body Wash and Body Lotion and they've been fantastic for my keratosis pilaris on my arms and legs. However they absolutely stink and the smell lingers 🤢

I got a Christmas gift set from Nature Spell that included their rose water and glycerine. I mix a drop of the glycerine in with a splash of the rose water and it makes a fantastic moisturising toner. I also add a drop of the glycerine into my body butter (just a cheap one from Superdrug) and it's really helping with the skin texture on my baby bump.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Was looking at the same set in tge L'occitane store in Dublin the other day. Gorgeous scent but so spenny to buy 🥲
Oh wow I didn’t realise it was so expensive originally. It does smell amazing though, makes my showers feel so luxurious now!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I love a few products by loocitane and wait for when they are on offer on Escentual. The cherry blossom shower gel (I use it in the bath) is incredible. You only need a little so it lasts for a long time. The Shea butter intensive cream is a product I can’t live without, nothing beats it. Again- big tube that last 8-10 months of daily use.

Reactions: 6
I do not recommend JVN hair products. I got the red and green shampoo and the red conditioner and they dried my hair out so much. I also got the hair shine oil, air dry creme, leave-in conditioner and heat protectant serum and they're all naff. Damn expensive mistake to make.

I got the Ameliorate Nourishing Body Wash and Body Lotion and they've been fantastic for my keratosis pilaris on my arms and legs. However they absolutely stink and the smell lingers 🤢

I got a Christmas gift set from Nature Spell that included their rose water and glycerine. I mix a drop of the glycerine in with a splash of the rose water and it makes a fantastic moisturising toner. I also add a drop of the glycerine into my body butter (just a cheap one from Superdrug) and it's really helping with the skin texture on my baby bump.
Agreed re JVN had high hopes for the air dry creme, ended up with frizz.

• Sad
Reactions: 5

The hair shine drops left my hair looking super greasy 😢 even when I used less!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Anyone use Redken all soft, it’s currently 50% off for the shampoo and conditioner on LookFantastic!
IMG_4488.png

• Heart
After posting about my hair woes (thinning, wispy, dry/frizzy hair) here a few months ago, I think I've finally found what works for my hair. Sharing my tips in case they can help someone a similar hair type and issues :) For reference - I have fine, straight hair (but a lot of it). Thankfully, I don't think it was due to hormones or perimenopause, just not giving my hair what it needed.

- First - did a big chop to get it looking healthier and fuller again - my ends were balayaged which probably didn't help the dryness!
- I stopped buying any old cheap shampoo, which I'd been doing to try to save money, but find a lot of them just don't work for my hair, they made it dry and knotty which meant I was ripping soo much hair out when brushing. I've been using Ouai shampoo for fine hair which is really gentle but still leaves it feeling clean. I've also been using the Kerastase Elixir Ultime shampoo, which was a happy accident after I got it for Christmas - I'd asked for the hair oil but got this instead. I'm really liking it - like the Ouai shampoo, it's not drying at all and makes my hair feel really nice.
- I wash my hair twice a week, after washing I wrap my hair in a microfibre hair towel, twisting and then pinning it on top of my head if that makes sense - before I was piling it all on top of my head which was contributing to knots = more hair being ripped out by my hairbrush!
- I always blow dry on the cold setting only - I've found that all the heat from the hairdryer was making it knotty and frizzy too.
- I only brush my hair once it's dry.

All the above ^^^ has made SUCH a massive difference. My hairbrush glides through my hair now, and hardly any hairs fall out.

I've been following this routine for about 2.5 months and my hair has really filled in, I'm seeing so much regrowth (baby hairs sticking out everywhere lol) and can't wait to see what it will be like in a few more months' time :)

On a separate (but somewhat related) note, I came across anastasiabeautyfascia's videos the other day and have started doing her face massage tutorials (the hooded eyes and full face ones), anyone familiar with her? She incorporates a bit of scalp massage which will hopefully benefit hair growth too. I feel like I can see a bit of a difference already, especially on my forehead - I don't really have visible forehead lines but no joke it's like I've had botox there because I can't move my forehead as freely anymore (less muscle tension). I'm going to stick with it a bit longer to see if I get good results - worth a try!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
What has helped my tangly hair is washing the scalp only. I saw something that said that even though it is called washing your hair, it is really your scalp you are cleaning, or should be cleaning. You have no need to wash the lengths, the water running out when you rinse is enough. So, just deeply massage the scalp. And then apply conditioner. It has really helped my hair. Common sense really. Why did I not know this?
---
Agreed re JVN had high hopes for the air dry creme, ended up with frizz.
JVN - don’t get the hype for this brand at all. I had the same reaction. Plus I had some travel sizes of other products and they were equally a non event.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
What has helped my tangly hair is washing the scalp only. I saw something that said that even though it is called washing your hair, it is really your scalp you are cleaning, or should be cleaning. You have no need to wash the lengths, the water running out when you rinse is enough. So, just deeply massage the scalp. And then apply conditioner. It has really helped my hair. Common sense really. Why did I not know this?
In addition to only shampooing your roots, you should only condition your ends otherwise you'll weigh your hair down.

If you use a lot of product in your hair you should consider shampooing twice

Reactions: 7
Can any of you lovely ladies tell me if you have the Lovall leggings, do the regular everyday high waisted have a fleece lining as well as the winter everyday high waisted? I bought the regular ones but they are fleece lined. I suspect they may have sent the wrong ones! I want to order another pair but want the same as what I already have as they are toasty 😁😁

Can any of you lovely ladies tell me if you have the Lovall leggings, do the regular everyday high waisted have a fleece lining as well as the winter everyday high waisted? I bought the regular ones but they are fleece lined. I suspect they may have sent the wrong ones! I want to order another pair but want the same as what I already have as they are toasty 😁😁
Mine don't have a fleece lining. They have a nice, soft lining but it's definitely not fleece lining! Sidenote - I do love them, ever so comfy and well fitting but they have gone very bobbly between the thighs! Not the end of the world really but a bit annoying. Also the elastic in the waistband can sometimes come a bit twisted, but other than that they are great lol

• Heart
I love a few products by loocitane and wait for when they are on offer on Escentual. The cherry blossom shower gel (I use it in the bath) is incredible. You only need a little so it lasts for a long time. The Shea butter intensive cream is a product I can’t live without, nothing beats it. Again- big tube that last 8-10 months of daily use.
Is this a website we can trust ? I’ve never heard of it until I was looking for the clarins lip oils that I wanted for Xmas.

Reactions: 1
Mine don't have a fleece lining. They have a nice, soft lining but it's definitely not fleece lining! Sidenote - I do love them, ever so comfy and well fitting but they have gone very bobbly between the thighs! Not the end of the world really but a bit annoying. Also the elastic in the waistband can sometimes come a bit twisted, but other than that they are great lol
They definitely sent me the winter ones, a happy mistake so 😁 I have to admit the 1st day I tried them, I really wondered what the hype was about. The waist band is thick but the elastic is only have the size of the actual band if that makes sense. I buy the petite confidence curve leggings from Very and I adore them. I thought they were much better....but the more I wore the Lovall, the more I loved them. I adore the lining 🤩 so will definitely order another pair! Thanks to all who recommended x

Reactions: 3
If anyone from the Do I want it? No. thread sees me here asking this - no you didn't.

😭 has anyone tried the new Maybelline mascara in burgundy? What is the actual colour like on the lashes if so? I am fed up of buying brown mascaras only for them to look black! I've tried Maybelline x2, Too Faced and YSL and they all look black but when I remove it, it's brown on the cotton pad. Just wondering if the burgundy has a nicer colour effect

• Haha
Reactions: 19
If anyone from the Do I want it? No. thread sees me here asking this - no you didn't.

😭 has anyone tried the new Maybelline mascara in burgundy? What is the actual colour like on the lashes if so? I am fed up of buying brown mascaras only for them to look black! I've tried Maybelline x2, Too Faced and YSL and they all look black but when I remove it, it's brown on the cotton pad. Just wondering if the burgundy has a nicer colour effect
Weird, a blank post from no one?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.