Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I keep considering laser hair removal but have a feeling this will be me too. I have been waxing or epilating for over 30 years and although some hair hasn’t grown back at all I still have a lot of hair, my friend has waxed for about 10 years and has hardly any hair now. I just don’t know what to do, I don’t want to waste my money
I mean to be fair, I recently got wax for the first time so I grew the hair for the first time in years and there was definitely a difference so I wouldn't say it was a complete waste of money. I used to have to shave twice a day really to be super smooth, now it's way better.

Though like someone said, hair can come back with laser and electrolysis usually has better, more permanent results so it could be a better option. I will definitely look into electrolysis when I'm considering any further sessions.

That’s a bargain, haven’t seen anything as cheap as that here
Check to see if you have a Therapie clinic near you. They do the 1p deal and seem to run it multiple times a year. I got my underarms done by them and it was a great experience, can’t fault them at all.

Reactions: 1
I get full legs, Hollywood and underarms for £79 per session.

Or if I’m getting a Hollywood top up session I pay £30

I've thought about underarm laser but I was told it wouldn't be super effective because my hair isn't very dark. I have brown hair but fair olive complexion, and my body hair is a lot lighter than my actual hair so I gave up on it 😩 Now I wonder if the new machines would work on it.

Reactions: 2
I've thought about underarm laser but I was told it wouldn't be super effective because my hair isn't very dark. I have brown hair but fair olive complexion, and my body hair is a lot lighter than my actual hair so I gave up on it 😩 Now I wonder if the new machines would work on it.
I was only able to get my underarm hair done, everywhere else was too light and I only had my last session last year. Don't think it's changed!

• Sad
I use the Lumea at home (about £200 on offer) but I have a few stubborn ones on my bikini line that won't shift. Legs and underarms are pretty much hair free now - I only have to shave every 6 months ish, and I am a hairy gal! Has anyone done home IPL then had a one off session in salon to target the stragglers? Is that a thing? Would 100% recommend the Lumea FWIW.

Reactions: 9
I use the Lumea at home (about £200 on offer) but I have a few stubborn ones on my bikini line that won't shift. Legs and underarms are pretty much hair free now - I only have to shave every 6 months ish, and I am a hairy gal! Has anyone done home IPL then had a one off session in salon to target the stragglers? Is that a thing? Would 100% recommend the Lumea FWIW.
What model did you buy please?

Does anyone have a website to get Crest white strips from please? I last ordered from UK teeth whitening but it’s been shut down.

I’ve checked home teeth whitening but the ones I like have been out of stock for ages.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Does anyone have a website to get Crest white strips from please? I last ordered from UK teeth whitening but it’s been shut down.

I’ve checked home teeth whitening but the ones I like have been out of stock for ages.

they don’t have that specific version but they have a few different ones on there.

Following up after my derm appointment this morning as you were all so helpful! Discussed roaccutane at length but eventually decided to try a 6 month course of tetracycline (antibiotics) as a less aggressive solution. He will review me after 4 months at which point we can switch to roaccutane if the antibiotics haven't worked. Interestingly, he's said just wash with cleanser 2-3 times daily, don't moisturise or use SPF or anything else!
Tetracyclines cured my acne years ago, and touch wood, my skin has been good since! Definitely wear lots of SPF as it causes photosensitivity 😊

Also- what Colour Wow product is it that gets rid of product build up? I get confused with all their products I’ve been recommended 😍

• Heart
Has anyone had Ultherapy- I think that’s what it’s called. Meant to be an alternative to a facelift. Or any suggestions for work you can have done on your face that doesn’t involve Botox or filler? I hate that puffy look but it all needs tightening up somehow! Thank you x

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you to the person who commented on my buttocks acne question and recommended Paula's choice BHA. 3 days using it(only at night) and 70% cleared up. I have had this on my bum for 10-15years if not more & has always made me self conscious, even though no one can see it.

Currently on ASOS debating a thing bikini for summer! Lolz!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Genuinely anything Colour Wow I've bought gas not disappointed! There's a woman on tiktok Simone who reviews a lot of their stuff and I've bought everything she's recommended!!!
Same for me. I've used all the dream coats, kale and coconut cocktails, filter and shampoo and conditioner for thick hair and it's all been good.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.