Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Does anyone know or has used anything for acne on your bum/buttocks? If I wear a bikini, swim suit or brief underwear you can't see it, but I still know it's there and am self conscious about it. Over the years I was told it was normal, office job, wearing tights, sitting all day etc. But surely there has to be something that can help?
Lush used to do a bar called buffy, it was amazing for this!
Edit - they still do! Was called buffy the backside slayer to start with

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Ametrine

VIP Member
I've ordered colour wow dream coat. It was £23 on amazon. I've seen it recommended on here. I hope it's good. 🙏🏻. I have dry, frizzy hair that hates damp air. It goes double the size if there is moisture in the air
I know a few people in this thread have already said how you shouldn't order beauty products off Amazon, but I wanted to add to that.

How Amazon works is that genuine products can be mixed in with fake products. Genuine sellers send in the real Product X, and fake sellers will send in a fake Product X. Amazon will then store all of the Product X, real and fake, together. When you then order Product X, Amazon will take an item from this co-mingled section to send out to you, and you won't know if you're receiving a fake or real product.

A few months ago I ordered a niche hair product from Amazon which my hairdresser had used on me. It was nothing like the product my hairdresser had used, and I'm pretty sure it was fake. I mentioned this to him, and that I'd bought it off Amazon, and he said that he had also once bought it off Amazon when his usual seller had supply issues, and it didn't work, and seemed fake. I had to throw my product in the bin as it made my hair worse. I was surprised as I didn't think the brand was big enough to be faked, but I can't see any other explanation for why the product performed so terribly (it was still within the given expiry date).

I just don't think it's worth taking the risk buying beauty products off Amazon. Lookfantastic and Sephora often have discount codes floating around, and you're guaranteed it's a genuine product if you buy from them, as they are official resellers.

When I see reviews from people who say they've tried a product but it didn't work, I always wonder if they unknowingly bought a fake off Amazon.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
This is number 1 best seller. Currently has £2 off. Has anyone used it? Reviews look good. About to order..View attachment 2694306
tbh i personally wouldn't trust a random brand on amazon near my eyes, they do no quality control of what's being listed on their platform. i'm sure it's been mentioned here before, they even sell counterfeit versions of real brands (olaplex etc)

• Heart
Reactions: 14

avabella

VIP Member
ok ladies...I need the basics!! And I need them badly!! I'm going to work each day looking rougher and rougher.
Any suggestions I can use in the mornings for a quick 'no makeup look' glow??
Invest in a moisture mist

Get semi perm eyelashes

Pay attention to your eyebrows

A tanning moisturiser at night

A tinted lip balm

• Heart
Thanks everyone I will get some exfoliating gloves today and give it a try ❤ Saves me spending more money too which is a bonus 🙌🏻
Hey I actually use a La Roche-Posay shower gel that is antibacterial and gently cleansing and since using it I haven't needed to do any of the more abrasive exfoliating. I had a serious issue with Keratosis pilaris and ingrown hairs (all started by bloody Estrid razors 🤬) and the more I attacked the worse it got. It's only when I focused on repairing my skins barrier that things improved dramatically!
A poster here recommend that shower gel and it has improved a sight since!! ❤ Just something to think about!

Here is the one I got:
Screenshot_20240112-094415.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
Last weekend I succumbed to temptation and bought Charlotte Tilbury’s airbrush foundation (don’t tell anyone on the do I need it thread 😂) Used it twice and I hate it, it’s like wearing a heavy mask. Any recommendations for a medium coverage buildable foundation?
I am on the other thread and I say that you have to use up your mistake rather than buy another one. 😅Add a few drops to a moisturiser to thin it out.

• Haha

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
Thank you all so much. I have contacted a dermatologist, just waiting for them to call me back with an appointment. We are seeing his Crohn's consultant next week so I will speak to him about it too.

• Heart

adviseplz

VIP Member
Girlies I need some help please !!

I need to find a dress for valentines date night with mr mog himself, but I also have a Saltburn theme party soon - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !!
My vibe is Odd Muse, Zara basic ... very corporate girlie and basic as I am scared of colour 😂 I've got red nails on, and will be wearing black heels if that helps !!
Thank you in advance <3
Here's your saltburn outfit sorted.... https://littlestarparties.ie/products/naked-man-costume

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
I had my nails done and for some reason I chose a pink, brighter than i would ever go for. It's getting brighter and brighter as the day goes on. I've got this for 3 weeks. I'm usually a black or neutral nail girl. What was going through my head when I chose neon pink 🥲

• Haha

coconochanel

VIP Member
So I've bought The Ordinary lash and brow serum as my lashes are getting a bit stubby and sparse so I will let you know how I get on with it.(y)

• Heart

cherrymoon

Chatty Member
I’ve just used the colour wow spray for the first time and oh my gods my hair looks/feels amazing!! I used my Babyliss hairdryer brush for the first time in ages and forgot how easy it is to use.
Ive got fine wavy hair but since hitting 40 my natural curl is much more prominent but it’s also hella frizzy. I’m lazy so have just been air drying and sticking it in a bun. Now I know this spray actually works I’ll be blow drying my hair more often! It’s a revelation! 😂

• Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member
When I was younger the Lush store near by used to give me a headache just walking past. I wasn't particularly sensitive to scents but something about how strong my local store smelled set me off!

Mythoughts

Chatty Member
I used to love the little oil filled animals for baths, I never used them just collected them in a jar 🤣

• Haha

xoxogossip_girl

VIP Member
Just wanted to say I love that when people are like “I look like shit, can someone recommend a moisturiser” people just…recommend a moisturiser. People don’t tell them to do yoga or drink more water or whatever. This is why I will never leave this thread.
But have you tried going for a long walk and then having a hot bath? 😉

• Haha
I have a question for the group… what are your morning routines? Because I work from home, I just roll out of bed and 8.30, wash my face and stick my hair then make a coffee. So I’m after some inspiration so I can feel more put together, and glamorous in the mornings…. And recommendations from people who aren’t influencers bullshitting about a 5.30am alarm
NOT a morning person here - these are the things that help me that I now absolutely do, every morning. Make your bed, nicely (as if you've got guests coming), pillow spray is great too. It sets you up for a better sleep that night. Even in winter open your window for a bit of air in your bedroom, even just for an hour. Face wash, teeth brush, bit of moisturiser, and some kind of boob holder - I won't say bra but those Uniqlo tops with the built in bra are great for working from home. It's amazing how having the ladies in place makes you feel put together.

Take some good multivitamins with a whole glass of water. Then have your coffee!

• Heart
Reactions: 12