Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
I’m reminded again today, of why I should not buy things that I haven’t tried or had a sample of. I bought a Sephora favourites hair box with a bunch of hair products as a way of trying loads of things and seeing what I liked.

I tried one of the hair masks today and guys…it STANK. Like real bad. I’m gonna have to spoiler what it smelled like. Thank god it’s a mini cuz if I bought the whole thing I’d demand a refund. I had to rewash my hair, cuz I didn’t even get a proper whiff till it touched my hair

it smelled like unwashed vagina after a long day in the middle of summer. Or like a nursing home (you know when nursing homes have that smell). Kind of like stale urine 😭

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 35

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
If anyone from the Do I want it? No. thread sees me here asking this - no you didn't.

😭 has anyone tried the new Maybelline mascara in burgundy? What is the actual colour like on the lashes if so? I am fed up of buying brown mascaras only for them to look black! I've tried Maybelline x2, Too Faced and YSL and they all look black but when I remove it, it's brown on the cotton pad. Just wondering if the burgundy has a nicer colour effect
Weird, a blank post from no one?

• Haha
Reactions: 31

not_influenced

VIP Member
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you to the person who commented on my buttocks acne question and recommended Paula's choice BHA. 3 days using it(only at night) and 70% cleared up. I have had this on my bum for 10-15years if not more & has always made me self conscious, even though no one can see it.

Currently on ASOS debating a thing bikini for summer! Lolz!

• Heart
Reactions: 28

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
Just wanted to say I love that when people are like “I look like shit, can someone recommend a moisturiser” people just…recommend a moisturiser. People don’t tell them to do yoga or drink more water or whatever. This is why I will never leave this thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
Completely changing from my previous posts, just had my ordinary lash serum delivered. The postman gave me this huge box. I thought I'm sure I didn't order anything else. There was 3 sheets of brown paper too 🤣
20240118_124204.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

JE172

VIP Member
I find cuticle oil so messy, it never sinks in and my fingers are an oily mess when I use it! I like the sound of a balm, sounds less messy! Do you have one you recommend? 🥰
If you’re ok with the thought that your fingers smell like prince harrys frostbitten knob then Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream is really good.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

Lola Ruby

After posting about my hair woes (thinning, wispy, dry/frizzy hair) here a few months ago, I think I've finally found what works for my hair. Sharing my tips in case they can help someone a similar hair type and issues :) For reference - I have fine, straight hair (but a lot of it). Thankfully, I don't think it was due to hormones or perimenopause, just not giving my hair what it needed.

- First - did a big chop to get it looking healthier and fuller again - my ends were balayaged which probably didn't help the dryness!
- I stopped buying any old cheap shampoo, which I'd been doing to try to save money, but find a lot of them just don't work for my hair, they made it dry and knotty which meant I was ripping soo much hair out when brushing. I've been using Ouai shampoo for fine hair which is really gentle but still leaves it feeling clean. I've also been using the Kerastase Elixir Ultime shampoo, which was a happy accident after I got it for Christmas - I'd asked for the hair oil but got this instead. I'm really liking it - like the Ouai shampoo, it's not drying at all and makes my hair feel really nice.
- I wash my hair twice a week, after washing I wrap my hair in a microfibre hair towel, twisting and then pinning it on top of my head if that makes sense - before I was piling it all on top of my head which was contributing to knots = more hair being ripped out by my hairbrush!
- I always blow dry on the cold setting only - I've found that all the heat from the hairdryer was making it knotty and frizzy too.
- I only brush my hair once it's dry.

All the above ^^^ has made SUCH a massive difference. My hairbrush glides through my hair now, and hardly any hairs fall out.

I've been following this routine for about 2.5 months and my hair has really filled in, I'm seeing so much regrowth (baby hairs sticking out everywhere lol) and can't wait to see what it will be like in a few more months' time :)

On a separate (but somewhat related) note, I came across anastasiabeautyfascia's videos the other day and have started doing her face massage tutorials (the hooded eyes and full face ones), anyone familiar with her? She incorporates a bit of scalp massage which will hopefully benefit hair growth too. I feel like I can see a bit of a difference already, especially on my forehead - I don't really have visible forehead lines but no joke it's like I've had botox there because I can't move my forehead as freely anymore (less muscle tension). I'm going to stick with it a bit longer to see if I get good results - worth a try!

• Heart
Reactions: 23

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
I was on roaccutane for 6 months and would 100% go on it again. My skin did get extremely dry and my lips were insanely dry. I would go through a little pot of Vaseline in days. And I also sweated profusely like I never have before but I got a medicated deodorant from the pharmacy that you put on once a month I think (alongside your usual deodorant) and that sorted that problem out. Definitely give Tret a try as that can work really well for some people. But if you do end up going on roaccutane I hope you won’t suffer too badly from side affects. It really is a miracle drug!
my GP said it can have 'irreversible sexual side effects'. I asked what these were and she said the inability to climax. for life.

nah man, I'd rather have acne and orgasms thank uuuuuu

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
No advice sorry, but he’s got lovely curls 🙂
Thank you ♥ I’m so jealous!!! He just scrapes them back into a tight pony and does fuck all to actually care for it

“Scorpihoe why is my hair frizzy??” meanwhile using a 10 in 1 shower gel to wash his hair every day, used elastics (yes you heard me) instead of hair bobbles, roughly towel dries it and douses it in dry shampoo every morning 🤨🤨🤨

If there was an anti-curly girl method - he would be it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

Funsizes

Just in case anyone is interested in my first wax 😂 it went well and I like the results so far! If I keep doing it depends on how the regrowth is tho. If stubbly bumpy I may as well just continue shaving.

Weird showing a stranger your bumhole though. And the semi hot wax on your crotch on a cold day feels very weirdly pleasant...

• Haha
Reactions: 20

hytuhh

Chatty Member
If anyone from the Do I want it? No. thread sees me here asking this - no you didn't.

😭 has anyone tried the new Maybelline mascara in burgundy? What is the actual colour like on the lashes if so? I am fed up of buying brown mascaras only for them to look black! I've tried Maybelline x2, Too Faced and YSL and they all look black but when I remove it, it's brown on the cotton pad. Just wondering if the burgundy has a nicer colour effect

• Haha
Reactions: 19

not_influenced

VIP Member
Anyone any "quick" beauty remedies/fashion tips? As much as I love to lavish in luxury or a treatment or spend ages deciding on outfits I'm at the quick out the door stage in my life & like many juggling alot of balls.

Few game changers for me have been:
-Planning outfits for week ahead! With accessories! Saves so much time
-Heatless waves, with look fantastic silk worm thing. Saves so much time and hair always looks "done".
- feet, I absolutely hate feet. But after years of product testing and treatments I've found my medicine! Soap and glory foot cream used nightly & foot calus masks every 2 months! Game changer!
-every hair product by WOW!

Over to you lovely lot?? Lip masks ?? Night hair masks???face masks? Anything to make beauty process faster???

• Heart
Reactions: 18

NotPerfect

I’ve been having problems with my eyes after using the Ordinary lash serum for a few weeks. Thought it was an infection but went to opticians today - I have blocked tear ducts, need to do warm compresses and eye drops to try and open them up. Won’t be touching any lash serums again. I had a similar issue last year with a little lump on my head, my dr said something had blocked follicle, it must have been from dry shampoo , I wasn’t using much of it and wash my hair every second day. Both experiences now have me very cautious about messing with nature. Just heads up if people unaware this stuff can happen.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18

xxWillowTreexx

Lush are the same, they pounce the minute you walk in and even if you say you're fine or just browsing they reappear the minute you as much as glance at a product or pick anything up. It's so annoying and I just refuse to go in now no matter what.

Reactions: 17

not_influenced

VIP Member
This thread/community is so helpful and lovely! I think I've asked several questions which have been asked before and each time people are so helpful!! And some of the advice and recommendations are fantastic!!

Are there any other Facebook groups or threads on here I may be missing out on?

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Hello Kitty

VIP Member
Can't get it done right now as preggers but does botox help when you have one naturally raised eyebrow? Mine are microwaved and it's still obvious so I've been pencilling them in thicker and more block like and seems to help the appearance. It's something I am conscious of.
Microwaved?!

• Haha
Reactions: 16

mindlessness

VIP Member
I'd personally caution against turning to the Caroline Hirons FB group for advice. Lots of the members there definitely over-use active products and damage their skin barriers. I think they're a bit too into finding and trying new products rather than sticking with simple routines that work (I was an over-user of products once too!)

Plus Hirons herself is....well, she's got tattle threads ;)

Definitely go back to the basics while your skin repairs itself @Mythoughts - a gentle cleanser, a gentle and nourishing moisturiser etc. That La Roche Posay Cicaplast balm is great too. Avene does a similar product which I like as well!

Reactions: 16

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
In my experience I feel like you can kinda only change how thick it feels, not the actual thickness if you get me. A lot of that is down to genetics I think.
To to make it feel more thick, I would recommend regular trims at the very least, consider whether you are prepared to have a significant chop, as this really helps. I use a thickening tonic spray on mine by Aveda. I bought a small bottle at first to see what I thought…and I think I would repurchase xx
*heads off to brick my dad's windows*

• Haha
Reactions: 15