Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s hot and sunny here this week, but I suspect the last days of summer. Taking advantage and washed the duvet which is now drying in the breeze. I want to have them and the pillows all washed before the usual drab and rainy autumn sets in, because I don’t have a tumble dryer and these things never seem to dry otherwise.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone have any tips for getting water stains out of fabric? Technically not *home* but my water bottle leaked on my passenger car seat and has left some marks. Looking for something gentle as my seats are a light grey and white.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone have any tips for getting water stains out of fabric? Technically not *home* but my water bottle leaked on my passenger car seat and has left some marks. Looking for something gentle as my seats are a light grey and white.
Extraction is the best way by far - anything else will just be spreading the water stain about/diluting it.

Hello 👋🏼

I’m looking for some advice please.

The extractor fan in the ensuite does not work. It will take a while to be fixed. There are no windows.

The bathroom is starting to smell of damp. Is it a dehumidifier that I should buy to help with this?

Any advice/solutions would be much appreciated, thanks! :)

Hello 👋🏼

The extractor fan in the ensuite does not work. It will take a while to be fixed. There are no windows.

The bathroom is starting to smell of damp. Is it a dehumidifier that I should buy to help with this?

A dehumidifier should help, leave the door open as much as possible to let air circulate. You can hire dehumidifiers if you don’t want to buy one

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hello 👋🏼

My bathroom doesn't have an extractor fan and so I have a little dehumidifier which I plug in outside and then pop just inside the bathroom door (the cord fits under the door so I can still have that closed). Works a treat! Also great to run beside a load of washing on an indoor clothes rack. Definitely speeds up the drying time.

I got this one from Amazon: Amazon product

• Heart
Reactions: 4
A dehumidifier should help, leave the door open as much as possible to let air circulate. You can hire dehumidifiers if you don’t want to buy one
My bathroom doesn't have an extractor fan and so I have a little dehumidifier which I plug in outside and then pop just inside the bathroom door (the cord fits under the door so I can still have that closed). Works a treat! Also great to run beside a load of washing on an indoor clothes rack. Definitely speeds up the drying time.

I got this one from Amazon: Amazon product
Thank you both, really appreciate it ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I was walking the dog tonight (looking in people's windows 😂) and someone had like colour changing strip lights on the top of their kitchen units* and I thought this would be fab for when we have people over at Christmas. Does anyone have this? Quickly googled it and found some led tape reasonably priced, seems to run from an app but I cannot fathom if it's mains powered or battery?

*sounds naff but seemed very effective.

I was walking the dog tonight (looking in people's windows 😂) and someone had like colour changing strip lights on the top of their kitchen units* and I thought this would be fab for when we have people over at Christmas. Does anyone have this? Quickly googled it and found some led tape reasonably priced, seems to run from an app but I cannot fathom if it's mains powered or battery?

I have a tape LED on the back of my TV, we don’t have it on colour changing, but it can change colours and it also does alternate with different speeds. We bought them on Amazon and they work by either plugging into a USB port (we use an old apple plug and plug into mains) not sure if they could work?

Attachments

I have a tape LED on the back of my TV, we don’t have it on colour changing, but it can change colours and it also does alternate with different speeds. We bought them on Amazon and they work by either plugging into a USB port (we use an old apple plug and plug into mains) not sure if they could work?
Looks great thank you 🥰. Would be perfect if it can sync or colour change with music!. If that's the case I could probably plug it in to a power bank as only for entertaining, didn't want to start making holes in the units. Off to Amazon..

Looks great thank you 🥰. Would be perfect if it can sync or colour change with music!. If that's the case I could probably plug it in to a power bank as only for entertaining, didn't want to start making holes in the units. Off to Amazon..
The Philips hue strip lights plug into mains, we’ve got them under our kitchen cabinets and they were really easy to (retro) fit. They work with the hue motion detectors so they’re a dimmer light that turns on in the kitchen at night for us automatically.

Can anyone recommend a Reed diffuser that actually smells, I've tried a few but when I put them out I can't smell them I, can't use the electric or battery air freshners as they are too strong for me tia

Can anyone recommend a Reed diffuser that actually smells, I've tried a few but when I put them out I can't smell them I, can't use the electric or battery air freshners as they are too strong for me tia
Yankee candles have a good scent.

Have a look at a brand called Govee on Amazon. They are app controlled and can react to music should you want them too. They aren't expensive really, around £20 and have lots of themes such as flickering fires, scrolling rainbows etc. I have them underneath my kitchen cupboard down towards the worktop and they are really brightening. I've got them set on a timer as well to come on so if I'm not home before sunset the dog isn't sat in the dark 😂

I bought a Pomegranate one from Asda a while back, I found that one was pretty good for the price (about £3.50 I think).

The Primark ones also aren't bad but it depends on the fragrance you get, I've found the vanilla one gives off a decent scent, but none of the others really do.