Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Which steam diffuser do you have? I was looking at the Neom one but it’s quite expensive!
I have a couple. I have the Zen Soto which was around £50 a few years ago and I also got a really good one from Amazon for £15, they no longer stock it but I’ve linked another one below.

I really like the Neal’s Yards blends and they have lots of different ones, if you have a shop near you they have testers that you can sniff before buying.

Amazon product

Reactions: 1
You always get good deals on the neom diffuser around Black Friday if you wanted to hold out for that one. Although I’m sure there’s other cheaper ones that do the same job I just love mine mostly for the look of it, the light is really pretty and the neom happiness oil is my favourite 🥰
I love the happiness neom oil too!!! It’s my fave 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Aldi had their own version of the window vacuum cleaner the other day down the middle aisle. Think it was £20 but I didn’t stop to have a proper look. Just a heads up for anyone interested!
I bought this. Its really good!

Which steam diffuser do you have? I was looking at the Neom one but it’s quite expensive!
my mum uses the neom but oliver bonas and urban outfitters do some nice ones, and before this had one from in tkmaxx! it's probably worth some research into the neom range as they do different sizes for different rooms. here's a happiness dupe if you wanna make sure you like it! https://craftovator.co.uk/products/happiness-fragrance-oil (cc @Its_Me and @Snowjoke)

Reactions: 3
I clean & tidy every day. It's definitely part of my stay sane routine. I think the key to having a lovely house is making sure you keep on top of all the little jobs so they don't turn into massive jobs. My house isn't "glamourous" because I myself am not glamourous... I am a bit of a grungy hippy and that's the vibe of my house too. It is clutter free and organised and yes I have no pets nor kids. My house is definitely a home... it is lived in and I like to find unusual accessories from charity shops, car boot sales and from travelling. I also tend to go for neutral colours on the walls so I can mix up the curtains/cushions regularly, meaning you feel like you've got house makeover relatively cheaply.

I love the Method products, you can often find them at significantly reduced prices, e.g. last lot of floor cleaner I bought was only £1 a bottle compared to £4.40 normally. The rhubarb one smells amaaaaaaaaaaazing.

If you want to save space on detergent stuff, I recommend Smol products. It comes through your letterbox and the fabric conditioner and cleaning sprays smell lovely too. They are really effective and quite economical.

Steam cleaners are great for keeping on top of floors, tiles and windows. If I am needing motivated to do some cleaning I crank up the tunes and get stuck in. Before you know it, you actually look forward to the tasks... or maybe I am a weirdo!!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Thanks for starting this thread, really good tips hopefully I won’t recognise my house soon!

I’m going to have to buy the rhubarb method cleaning stuff with everyone raving about it 😁 the used to make a pink grapefruit hand wash that I loved but can never find it any more.

Aldi do a rhubarb and rose hand wash which I like too and I love the fig & cassis candle.

Reactions: 5
Thanks for starting this thread, really good tips hopefully I won’t recognise my house soon!

I’m going to have to buy the rhubarb method cleaning stuff with everyone raving about it 😁 the used to make a pink grapefruit hand wash that I loved but can never find it any more.

Aldi do a rhubarb and rose hand wash which I like too and I love the fig & cassis candle.
If you shop with Amazon, the rhubarb floor cleaner is reduced to £3 the now

I got a great water carbonator that sits happily in my very un-trendy kitchen, giving it “cool vibes” (if I may say so myself!). It’s getting plenty of use in this hot weather! I had been trying to decide between sodastream machines, but fell in love with this brand!
https://www.aarke.com/ie/carbonator#93=5435

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Amazon have 4 bottles for £8 or individually for £2

I really like the Method ginger foam handwash

Amazon product

• Heart
Marks and spencer have some one sale at the minute that look really nice. £21 and £35 x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Loving this thread!!
I have a vax spot wash that was £99 on sale from John Lewis. I have light grey carpets and sofa and a 1 year old daughter, so far there’s been nothing that the spot wash hasn’t got rid of absolutely love it!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Loving this thread!!
I have a vax spot wash that was £99 on sale from John Lewis. I have light grey carpets and sofa and a 1 year old daughter, so far there’s been nothing that the spot wash hasn’t got rid of absolutely love it!
oooh I may need to invest. As I said up thread, I have a big vax carpet cleaner but it lives in the garage and it’s a faff to get out for little clean ups.

oooh I may need to invest. As I said up thread, I have a big vax carpet cleaner but it lives in the garage and it’s a faff to get out for little clean ups.
It’s so good and only small so fits in my cupboard, would need to refill a couple times if doing a whole carpet but so easy and quick to refill. Comes with a bottle of vax carpet cleaner which is about £12 to buy, but the other day I found a bottle of astonish carpet cleaner for £1.99 in sainsburys and it’s just as good!

Just done the carpets with the vax carpet cleaner! It’s crazy the stuff that comes out 🫣

Reactions: 1
I’ve never really got on board with the Fabulosa carpet foams. I love their kitchen cleaning sprays, but the carpet foam has a weird chemical edge to it that catches in the back of my throat after spraying it. I prefer the 1001 version and they do a foam that’s specifically for getting rid of pet smells in rugs and carpets. You used to be able to get it from B&M, it was £1.99 for a can. 💫

Omg this is amazing. And I adore fizzy water. Is it expensive to maintain?
The only maintenance is the Sodastream gas cylinder refills which cost around 30euro the first time you purchase one, and then you can do an “exchange” of the refill in Argos for around 20euro. Aarke’s own brand cylinder can’t be exchanged here, so stick with the Sodastream brand! With Brexit, Argos seem to be slow in getting in new cylinders from time to time, so I always try keep a spare full cylinder in stock. We use the Aarke every day and a cylinder lasts us about ten weeks. The machine itself looks great and doesn’t need electricity so you can position it anywhere. Good luck deciding what colour to go for! (Do a bit of Googling before purchasing too - there are good offers to be had on other websites!) . 🍹

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.