Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve got a little tip thats not so much about a glamorous home but you’ll especially appreciate it you’ve got nice plates or cutlery. Silicone spatula to scrape your plates before you wash up or pop in the dishwasher. It gets any scraps clean off so saves clogging and doesn’t scratch your plates or cutlery.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Anyone have any recs for an amazing wet hoover type cleaner for couches?
Like a washer carpet cleaner but I need for couches ! Thanks!

Reactions: 1
First thing I do each morning
Open the windows
Do the bed
Clean the toilet and sink
Laundry on if needed
Vacuum sofa and heavy traffic areas.
Sweep outside.

These little jobs keep the place tidy. Housework then doesn’t overwhelm me as a big job.

I have a Shark cordless which isn’t great. I also have a small wand vacuum which is brilliant. I whizz it around the corners of the kitchen units and little areas which helps having to lug out the bigger vacuum.

Reactions: 11
Has anyone got any tips for cleaning and making a dressing room look nice and glamorous and clean.
My spare room is my dressing room and office. It has two rails a wardrobe, desk and shelf’s full of cloths it looks so messy but I can’t afford new wardrobes yet.

Reactions: 2
I painted a lot of my existing wooden furniture . I used f&b paint . My sideboard now looks like one of the Cotswolds company ones . I also had a big dining table which we no longer need .This was sawn in half and the legs re attached and again F&B’d . The effect was so uplifting . I also swear by lots of candles and flowers . We grow masses of sweat peas and they are cut and placed in little glass bud vases . The more you cut the more appear . It saves a fortune in flowers and smell lovely too . Finally as I live in a cottage with little storage I had a fake window seat built with deep drawers and seating on the top . It’s amazing what you can do thinking outside the box !

Reactions: 10
I’m loving the tips here - thank you for sharing! I hate cleaning, so I really find it a chore and I hate a messy house which is not a good combination. I also feel like I’m the only person who does anything (which is not true, but telling my other half that filling the dishwasher isn’t cleaning is boring now!).

Recently got myself some houseplants to brighten up the place and try to cleanse the air. I have some nice rituals reed diffusers dotted round the house which I love, and I also love a nice scented candle in the evening. I’m vegan, so if someone else is cooking meat, there’s always a scented candle to disguise the smell, but generally we cook with the doors closed (might sound so obvious to others but was lost on the people I live with) to contain smells to the kitchen/dining area.

We have lots of mirrors to brighten the house up and reflect light. We also have smart lighting and plugs, so one command shuts off everything and the lights as well which is really handy.

Our kitchen is a real sun trap so the counters need to be cleaned regularly otherwise it’s very noticeable.

I bought a handheld window vac for doing the inside of my windows and the glass doors and shower doors and it’s a total game changer. We don’t iron, but I also have a handheld steamer for the things that need it and I wouldn’t be without it.

I’d love a no shoes house but keep getting overruled on that one! We have lots of clutter that I’m working on gradually too.
I was totally influenced and bought the window vac 🤣

ok any tips?Do you use glass spray or water?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
We live in a pretty small place but it's open plan so it's crucial to put everything away immediately. We don't have a hall, our entrance is straight into the living room and we can't leave out any shoes or jackets etc. because it immediately looks messy.

Regarding the rest I'd say:
- keep things uncluttered (don't overdo styling of the shelves, coffee tables etc.)
- don't buy very recognisable Ikea furniture (like the £10 side table or Kallax units)
- buy real art (doesn't have to be expensive, it could be from unknown local artists, as long as it's not some cheap Desenio print)
- if you can, invest in good chairs and nice lights, those make the biggest difference (I love designer furniture from Finnish design shop <3 )
- have fresh flowers at home
- always white (or at least very neutral!) bedsheets
- good diffuser in the bathroom
- don't follow trends too much so it can still look timeless in 5 or 10 years
- don't buy generic cheap accessories - I like to buy it when traveling or second hand or ask for something special on a specific occasion so every piece has a nice story behind it
Love this thank you ☺

[*]using an electric steam diffuser with fragrance oils over a candle or reed diffuser. i feel like the scent travels better and it's more cost effective. i feel like i'm giving away a proper secret but on craftovator they sell designer inspired oils like the white company, neom, jo malone etc and popular perfumes. less than £2 each for 10ml and cheaper in larger sizes. they do zoflora scents if you want the variety without a cupboard full too, and have all the kit needed for reed diffuser making!
[/LIST]
Which steam diffuser do you have? I was looking at the Neom one but it’s quite expensive!

Which steam diffuser do you have? I was looking at the Neom one but it’s quite expensive!
You always get good deals on the neom diffuser around Black Friday if you wanted to hold out for that one. Although I’m sure there’s other cheaper ones that do the same job I just love mine mostly for the look of it, the light is really pretty and the neom happiness oil is my favourite 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was totally influenced and bought the window vac 🤣

ok any tips?Do you use glass spray or water?
What one did you get? Does anyone know if there are big differences between them or are they all kind of similar?

Aldi had their own version of the window vacuum cleaner the other day down the middle aisle. Think it was £20 but I didn’t stop to have a proper look. Just a heads up for anyone interested!

Reactions: 7
You always get good deals on the neom diffuser around Black Friday if you wanted to hold out for that one. Although I’m sure there’s other cheaper ones that do the same job I just love mine mostly for the look of it, the light is really pretty and the neom happiness oil is my favourite 🥰
The Neom diffuser does look really luxurious! Can you use genetic essential oil blends with it, or can it only be used with its own Neom brand?

Reactions: 1
The Neom diffuser does look really luxurious! Can you use genetic essential oil blends with it, or can it only be used with its own Neom brand?
Of course they say only use Neom ones but I’ve used others and no problems.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.