Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any suggestions for getting pet hair off sofa easily? The vacuum doesn't get everything off, I have the reusable lint roller and normal lint rollers but it takes so long to do a big sofa with the small rollers. Is there anything else out there that works?
Can I jump on this and ask for any advice on pet smells? We bought a secondhand sofa to get us by until we complete renovations and oh my gosh it stinks!!! We have hand washed the cushions twice, washing machine once and I’ve used two bottles of febreeze fabric spray and they still have that underlying pet smell!

Reactions: 1
Can I jump on this and ask for any advice on pet smells? We bought a secondhand sofa to get us by until we complete renovations and oh my gosh it stinks!!! We have hand washed the cushions twice, washing machine once and I’ve used two bottles of febreeze fabric spray and they still have that underlying pet smell!
Try some Dr.Beckmann Pet Stain& Odour Remover. It comes with a brush so you can scrub it. Or some bicarbonate of soda.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Another question sorry guys, so it’s sweater season and I have brought some new sweatshirts. When it comes to washing them

Is there a way of keeping them inside nice and fluffy I hate when they loose the fluffiness

Reactions: 2
£-0? Is it any good? I saw a girl using this one on insta to clean around her windows with I think washing up liquid.
sorry meant £10. Yes they work quite well along side pink paste. Not tried it on windows.

I love my M&S ones. All towels will eventually go crispy though if you don't have a tumble drier.
Can you reverse that if you pop them in a tumble dryer? I don’t have one but my neighbour has offered for me to use it

After reading all the towel conversations I’m going to go for Asda as I have been looking for new towels so thank you!
Also does anyone have any good recommendations of a nice smelling plug in etc
No matter what I do I never seem to find something that lasts
Like my house doesn’t smell etc but I just want it to smell amazing when you walk in and around the the house and candles and sprays only last as long as there on
Not read the whole thread so don’t know if others have answered this; but have you thought of trying Reed defuser? I’d recommend spending a bit more money and get an expensive one (I’ve got the white company pomegranate one) was about £27 I think but it has lasted AGES! I got it in July last year and it’s still not needed to be refilled. I have it on a table near the front door and I have so many positive comments about it

Gonna order but I’ll prob use it once and it will get put away and never come out again 😂

• Haha
Not read the whole thread so don’t know if others have answered this; but have you thought of trying Reed defuser? I’d recommend spending a bit more money and get an expensive one (I’ve got the white company pomegranate one) was about £27 I think but it has lasted AGES! I got it in July last year and it’s still not needed to be refilled. I have it on a table near the front door and I have so many positive comments about it
That's interesting - does the reed diffuser actually smell? Is the scent noticeable? How often do you turn the reed sticks around?

I found that many don't really distribute any scent whatsoever.

Reactions: 7
Is this a thing?
I was chatting with my colleagues and found out most of them do not have carpets upstairs and on the stairs!!
l Can Understand not having carpet in the living room( I do ) but bedrooms and stairs?

Any tips on getting a cream fabric sofa clean? it's looking a bit grubby on the arms etc.
I was going to suggest a drop of fairy liquid with hot water and a brush but maybe fairy liquid might stain sofa
you could try and use laundry detergent

Is this a thing?
I was chatting with my colleagues and found out most of them do not have carpets upstairs and on the stairs!!
l Can Understand not having carpet in the living room( I do ) but bedrooms and stairs?

I was going to suggest a drop of fairy liquid with hot water and a brush but maybe fairy liquid might stain sofa
It's definitely I thing, i would prefer to not have carpets. But I think on the stairs it's way too dodgy, so easy to slip

Reactions: 3
Can anyone recommend good Instagram accounts where they make reels of cleaning tips? I learn so much from those!

Can anyone recommend good Instagram accounts where they make reels of cleaning tips? I learn so much from those!
I can recommend Mrs.ds.cleaning.reviews. She shows only cleaning and takes each project through step by step

Another one is cleaningandme. He is fun and isn’t a product slag. Sticks to just a few with great results

That's interesting - does the reed diffuser actually smell? Is the scent noticeable? How often do you turn the reed sticks around?

I bought a huge one from next for my mum, think it was £25 and that lasted for about 7 months. Could always smell it when I walked in and she has a large open plan downstairs. I’ve just finished renovating in my own house so definitely going to get the same. Also the big £25 candles from Aldi are an excellent dupe for Jo Malone and at a fraction of the cost.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Oh yes definitely, I think I’ve turned the sticks a few times and replaced them once (someone gave me a cheap version for Xmas so I just nicked them from there!) but here is the amount I have left from having it from July 2021..
Yes you can definitely smell it downstairs ..
If that’s too expensive, try the £10 bottle of oil from the white company, and you can put it in an oil burner just before guests come over.
I think it’s better to get the more expensive stuff as a)it lasts longer and b) the smell is better and more refined.

Attachments

• Heart
Oh yes definitely, I think I’ve turned the sticks a few times and replaced them once (someone gave me a cheap version for Xmas so I just nicked them from there!) but here is the amount I have left from having it from July 2021..
If that’s too expensive, try the £10 bottle of oil from the white company, and you can put it in an oil burner just before guests come over.
I think it’s better to get the more expensive stuff as a)it lasts longer and b) the smell is better and more refined.
Read your post this morning and bought a White Company one this afternoon!
It’s a Christmassy one ‘highland escape’ comes in a diff bottle to the normal ones but having had the Seychelles fragrance in the past agree without you how long it lasts! Just hoping this one is the same
I was after Oakmoss as the candle smelt gorgeous but was sold out

• Heart
Thank you so much for your response and the photo :)

I will give it a go once my diffusers are empty. I never had White Company ones, but others, and they were not that great.

I actually made some myself, using alcohol, glycerine and perfume oil and many reed sticks and found that they performed well once I let them "set" for a while.
(In case someone is interested: I add alcohol and water in equal parts, stir in 1-2 table spoons of glycerine and add lots of perfume oil. All available online)

But I am lusting after the gorgeous smells available in the shops, so once my diffusers have dried up I will explore the shops :)

Is this a thing?

What’s everyone’s thoughts on laminate/wood floor upstairs? We were going to carpet everywhere but I find it hard to find a nice colour that will stay “matching” whenever we decorate. I like how wood floors kind of go with everything!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.