Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh I'm so upset, just spent over an hour cleaning the brush of my vacuum cleaner, someone wrote in this thread that toilet seats were not designed by women as they are so hard to clean and I think it's the same with this tit. I've been wondering if the battery on my Vorwerk is dying after one year already, then I completely took it apart and saw that it's completely wrapped with my hair and cat hair. I probably haven't done this since before summer and I really regret it now. 😂 Had to use tweezers to pull out the hair from wheels and everywhere else. Same with Nespresso machine, the plastic is not dishwasher safe but because it's wavy I can only clean it with cotton buds. How do they not think this through when designing products that need regular cleaning. 🙄
This kind of stuff drives me insane as well and it drives me mad that I can't drop it off somewhere to have it cleaned!! I didn't design it this way, I didn't sign up to spend 2 hours scrubbing with a toothbrush. It's also not really the kind of thing you ask a cleaner to handle either, I couldn't ask her to take apart my vacuum.

Reactions: 5
I hate cleaning a cleaning appliance. I got my vacuum cleaned by a lovely local guy £25 collected and delivered back!

I wanted to clean my carpets today but frankly the cleaning and putting back together of the whole thing has really put me off.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I hate cleaning a cleaning appliance. I got my vacuum cleaned by a lovely local guy £25 collected and delivered back!

I wanted to clean my carpets today but frankly the cleaning and putting back together of the whole thing has really put me off.
I didn’t know such a person existed wow! What do I Google for, to see if one is on my area?

Reactions: 2
I didn’t know such a person existed wow! What do I Google for, to see if one is on my area?
The guy near me services & cleans vacuums for £45 or just a clean for £25 - he's listed as vacuum repair/ service/ sells reconditioned vacuums (esp Dysons).
I feel like £25 to clean and £45 to clean *and* service kind of illustrates how annoying to clean these things are. Worth it though 🖤

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I've come to the conclusion that vacuums must be designed by bald men who never tested the thing in a household with longhaired people and pets and therefore have zero understanding how fast the brushes develop a mighty tangle of hair and how annoying it is to clean.
We're two longhairs at home and while both of us wear hour hair in a ponytail or bun most of the time, the robovac still sports a wig after two to three months. And I don't even let it run in the bathroom before gathering the hair there with a cheap squeegee first! Good thing my boyfriend likes looking after everything technical, so he can deal with the mess.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
A bit late to the party but I have a few home fragrance recs!

I bought this candle and the quality of the scent is so good! It’s almost done and I can still smell it all over the flat when I burn it -
https://www.dunelm.com/product/wellness-camomile-multi-wick-candle-1000189344?defaultSkuId=30731562

But - I have decided that I’m going to stop buying candles and move to wax melts. I go through so many candles and the amount of containers I end up binning is very wasteful.

Have had this diffuser in my hall for about 6 months and it’s still going strong, smells so nice and fresh -
https://www.johnlewis.com/stoneglow...lLlVJS2l0LmFjdGl2aXR5LkNvcHlUb1Bhc3RlYm9hcmQ=

A random Tesco purchase for my home office but the quality is v v good for the price! https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/310308704

I wonder if someone could help me!!
Moved into a new place recently and the old tenants had a huge dog. In the master bedroom and landing, there’s that overall wet dog awful smell but only if I put my nose to the carpet. There’s also slightly stained wee patches too. I’ve tried my best to scrub them and even had a carpet cleaner lady come out but it still remains - smell isn’t too bad tho.

Got a second opinion from another carpet cleaning place and they said that based from the pictures and videos I’ve sent, the carpet is a wool carpet and apparently stains are extremely hard to get out of wool carpets.

Can anyone recommend me anything?! I’d be so grateful! 🏡🪣🧽🧹❤

Yeh 20% off 🤑 I stock up on everything then and don’t shop there for the rest of the year lol. I put everything into my basket then check out as soon as it starts at midnight so I don’t miss out on anything I want.
Haha this is exactly what I do although I did go in yesterday because I had a 20% thing and bought Christmas things for my baby I just couldn’t resist.
I’ve never had Christmas tree decs from there yet but they are all so so gorgeous anyone and any?

Reactions: 1
I was recommended him but as Some has said, vacuum servicing or cleaning.

I wonder if someone could help me!!
Moved into a new place recently and the old tenants had a huge dog. In the master bedroom and landing, there’s that overall wet dog awful smell but only if I put my nose to the carpet. There’s also slightly stained wee patches too. I’ve tried my best to scrub them and even had a carpet cleaner lady come out but it still remains - smell isn’t too bad tho.

Got a second opinion from another carpet cleaning place and they said that based from the pictures and videos I’ve sent, the carpet is a wool carpet and apparently stains are extremely hard to get out of wool carpets.

Can anyone recommend me anything?! I’d be so grateful! 🏡🪣🧽🧹❤
Are you renting or owning? Personally I would look at replacing. Animal urine is pretty bad at getting out especially when left.

We had it in our place, it had gone trough to the underlay too and stunk. We ripped it all out.

• Heart

Are you renting or owning? Personally I would look at replacing. Animal urine is pretty bad at getting out especially when left.

We had it in our place, it had gone trough to the underlay too and stunk. We ripped it all out.
It really annoys me when houses smell bad cos of pets, it really doesn’t need to be that way if you get your pet groomed regularly and make sure you wipe them down properly after wet walks and stuff. I’ll post a picture of what I use after we’ve taken our dog for a walk, in between their regular groom.
I’m paranoid about my house smelling of dog; I always ask my cleaner (she’s honest where as my friends would probably tell a white lie!) ‘can you smell dog?’ She’s always said it’s not smelling yet.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Renting yeah. Quite pally with landlord so hopefully we could get a new carpet. It’s ruining the place for us :(

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Haha this is exactly what I do although I did go in yesterday because I had a 20% thing and bought Christmas things for my baby I just couldn’t resist.
I’ve never had Christmas tree decs from there yet but they are all so so gorgeous anyone and any?
I got both of these last year was really happy with them and everyone who came round said they loved the hearts. I used to have big flowers on my tree but replaced with them for a more minimal look. Some of the actual baubles are super pretty though and probably really stand out.

Attachments

• Heart
I
I got both of these last year was really happy with them and everyone who came round said they loved the hearts. I used to have big flowers on my tree but replaced with them for a more minimal look. Some of the actual baubles are super pretty though and probably really stand out.

I have those too. I have also bought these over the years and have them on the smaller branches. My tree in the lounge is decorated in white, silver and glass I also last year bought the small hearts and attached them to the bows on the main presents I buy

This year my first grandchild was born. I have bought this penguin for him. I will buy an ornament for him each year

Attachments

• Heart
I

I have those too. I have also bought these over the years and have them on the smaller branches. My tree in the lounge is decorated in white, silver and glass I also last year bought the small hearts and attached them to the bows on the main presents I buy

This year my first grandchild was born. I have bought this penguin for him. I will buy an ornament for him each year
Thats my colour scheme too, I very nearly went for those little ceramic ones last year they’re really sweet. I’m going to add dark red this year I think, I’m feeling a bit of colour.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thats my colour scheme too, I very nearly went for those little ceramic ones last year they’re really sweet. I’m going to add dark red this year I think, I’m feeling a bit of colour.
I think we should share photos of our trees (or some of them!) when the time comes, I love to get inspiration off others, so many interesting and unique styles out there

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi guys I need new baking trays. Can anyone recommend some long lasting durable ones please?

Hi guys I need new baking trays. Can anyone recommend some long lasting durable ones please?
I have Pyrex glass ones.

I was fed up dishwasher safe metal ones rusting and keep having to replace them

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I stick smaller baking strays in the dishwasher if they aren't non-stick coated and can recommend Ikea (sounds weird, but their glass and their metal trays are very good indeed) and also Nordic Ware and Le Creuset.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.