Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s everyone’s thoughts on laminate/wood floor upstairs? We were going to carpet everywhere but I find it hard to find a nice colour that will stay “matching” whenever we decorate. I like how wood floors kind of go with everything!
For me, wooden floors all the way!

I think they are pretty, time less, classy and hygienic and easy to clean: unlike carpets.
It is always possible to get a nice collection of rugs to add some warmth and texture, they can also be moved around easily

Reactions: 11
Can you reverse that if you pop them in a tumble dryer? I don’t have one but my neighbour has offered for me to use it
Yeh they do fluff up if you pop them in a tumble drier.

I don't have one but when I have used the laundrette even my crunchiest towels fluff up again after being tumbled 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you so much for your response and the photo :)

I will give it a go once my diffusers are empty. I never had White Company ones, but others, and they were not that great.

I actually made some myself, using alcohol, glycerine and perfume oil and many reed sticks and found that they performed well once I let them "set" for a while.
(In case someone is interested: I add alcohol and water in equal parts, stir in 1-2 table spoons of glycerine and add lots of perfume oil. All available online)

But I am lusting after the gorgeous smells available in the shops, so once my diffusers have dried up I will explore the shops :)
Wow that’s very creative! X

Reactions: 2
What’s everyone’s thoughts on laminate/wood floor upstairs? We were going to carpet everywhere but I find it hard to find a nice colour that will stay “matching” whenever we decorate. I like how wood floors kind of go with everything!
We have wood flooring everywhere other than the stairs but they are part wood with a runner. For me I much prefer wooden flooring to carpet it’s so much easier to keep clean especially with Children and pets. I even had it put down in baby girls nursery with a nice thick rug.

Reactions: 5
I would love to have all wood flooring. But since I live in the UK, I prefer having the upstairs where the bedrooms are to have carpet. I fear I'd freeze to death otherwise 🥶🥶🥶

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Read your post this morning and bought a White Company one this afternoon!
It’s a Christmassy one ‘highland escape’ comes in a diff bottle to the normal ones but having had the Seychelles fragrance in the past agree without you how long it lasts! Just hoping this one is the same
I was after Oakmoss as the candle smelt gorgeous but was sold out
I’ve had highland escape in the diffuser today, love it for this time of year

Talking of The White Company, tonight I’ve lit their Winter candle from last Xmas 😆
By far the best Christmas candle I buy 2 big ones every year when they have discount end of November.

Reactions: 3
White Company often does good discount for Black Friday if anyone’s wanting to buy

Does anyone have any tips on how to get your white bedding white again? I only ever wash it with whites but my eczema cream and general life has made it a funny dull brownish colour. It’s really good quality so I don’t want to replace it

Reactions: 4
White Company often does good discount for Black Friday if anyone’s wanting to buy
Yeh 20% off 🤑 I stock up on everything then and don’t shop there for the rest of the year lol. I put everything into my basket then check out as soon as it starts at midnight so I don’t miss out on anything I want.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Does anyone have any tips on how to get your white bedding white again? I only ever wash it with whites but my eczema cream and general life has made it a funny dull brownish colour. It’s really good quality so I don’t want to replace it
soak it in vanish.

Reactions: 5
Overnight soak in washing soda solution followed by a long cool wash and dry outside in the sunshine if possible. Don’t use hot water as it fixes the stain.

If anyone wants a cheap but lovely smelling diffuser Home bargains sell Air wicks ones (with small glass balls in the bottom) for £2.99 and the Linen scent is lovely.

If anyone wants a cheap but lovely smelling diffuser Home bargains sell Air wicks ones (with small glass balls in the bottom) for £2.99 and the Linen scent is lovely.
I got the Aldi one in Pomegranate for £1.49, so impressed with it!

• Heart
If it’s all white then put a drop of bleach in with the detergent

Yeh 20% off 🤑 I stock up on everything then and don’t shop there for the rest of the year lol. I put everything into my basket then check out as soon as it starts at midnight so I don’t miss out on anything I want.
Good idea!
I’m going to do this!
End of November you say?

Ugh I'm so upset, just spent over an hour cleaning the brush of my vacuum cleaner, someone wrote in this thread that toilet seats were not designed by women as they are so hard to clean and I think it's the same with this tit. I've been wondering if the battery on my Vorwerk is dying after one year already, then I completely took it apart and saw that it's completely wrapped with my hair and cat hair. I probably haven't done this since before summer and I really regret it now. 😂 Had to use tweezers to pull out the hair from wheels and everywhere else. Same with Nespresso machine, the plastic is not dishwasher safe but because it's wavy I can only clean it with cotton buds. How do they not think this through when designing products that need regular cleaning. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ugh I'm so upset, just spent over an hour cleaning the brush of my vacuum cleaner, someone wrote in this thread that toilet seats were not designed by women as they are so hard to clean and I think it's the same with this tit. I've been wondering if the battery on my Vorwerk is dying after one year already, then I completely took it apart and saw that it's completely wrapped with my hair and cat hair. I probably haven't done this since before summer and I really regret it now. 😂 Had to use tweezers to pull out the hair from wheels and everywhere else. Same with Nespresso machine, the plastic is not dishwasher safe but because it's wavy I can only clean it with cotton buds. How do they not think this through when designing products that need regular cleaning. 🙄
They do not consider this when designing these appliances!
I spent ages cleaning my vax carpet cleaner (we have pets so I do this once a month) and even though I have a special pet hair vacuum; there are still get some hairs in the carpet cleaner and it is not designed to be easily cleaned! So frustrating

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.