Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any recommendations for super fluffy nice quality (but not white company price) towels? I’ve seen a fair few influencers recommending ‘Hampton & Astley’ but I never believe anything they recommend 😂
I love my M&S ones. All towels will eventually go crispy though if you don't have a tumble drier.

Reactions: 2
I second Christy towels. Ive had some bath sheets for 14 years! TK Maxx sometimes has them.
Primark ones are good too.
I third Christy towels. We bought bath sheets for moving into our new house 12 years ago and they’ve only just needed replaced.

Reactions: 3
This might be very common knowledge but when I wash bedding, I fold it all up so duvet cover fitted sheet 2 bottom pillow covers and 1 top pillow cover and then with the final pillow cover I place all of the above into said pillow case. So you can tell which duvet set it is and it all fits inside so it’s easier to store and keep everything together!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This might be very common knowledge but when I wash bedding, I fold it all up so duvet cover fitted sheet 2 bottom pillow covers and 1 top pillow cover and then with the final pillow cover I place all of the above into said pillow case. So you can tell which duvet set it is and it all fits inside so it’s easier to store and keep everything together!
I've learnt something new and very helpful. Thank you.

Reactions: 1
Another vote for Asda towels, the £9 bath sheets. Had mine for 6 years now and they are still so fluffy. Matalan towels were the worst I ever owned.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone have any recommendations for super fluffy nice quality (but not white company price) towels? I’ve seen a fair few influencers recommending ‘Hampton & Astley’ but I never believe anything they recommend 😂
M&S Egyptian cotton towels. £14 for the second largest but totally worth it as they're so soft. I ordered two more yesterday for my sister.

Reactions: 3
What's the most softest cosiet pyjamas?
Chelsea Peers are gorgeous.
On a budget Sainsburys do some really soft kind of brushed tight knit ones for around £20 and Primark do a similar fabric too but they only last a year before it bobbles.
Boux Avenue are pretty crap.

• Heart
Marks and Spencer or primark for pyjamas I’m obsessed with the primark “extra soft” ones they have in at the minute

• Heart
Chelsea Peers are gorgeous.
On a budget Sainsburys do some really soft kind of brushed tight knit ones for around £20 and Primark do a similar fabric too but they only last a year before it bobbles.
Boux Avenue are pretty crap.
Wow its like you read my mind cause I've seen some slinky lil Boux Avenue numbers I was considering as well. Want something cosy but cute looking.

Wow its like you read my mind cause I've seen some slinky lil Boux Avenue numbers I was considering as well. Want something cosy but cute looking.
They’re not the worst but they’re quite thin or in the Henley or brushed fabric a similar quality to the Primark version. I wouldn’t pay full price.
Chelsea Peers are the ones. Hang nicely, thick, wash well, generally feel luxury and expensive.

Reactions: 5
They’re not the worst but they’re quite thin or in the Henley or brushed fabric a similar quality to the Primark version. I wouldn’t pay full price.
Chelsea Peers are the ones. Hang nicely, thick, wash well, generally feel luxury and expensive.
There are some Chelsea peers on asos on sale I’ve just seen. What’s the sizing like? I actually need new PJs. I’d never heard of her before.

it was only after i bought towels (dusk monaco, really like them but not had them too long) that everyone and their dog recommended costco ones. apparently they get fluffier after washing / drying but not tried them myself!

Reactions: 4
There are some Chelsea peers on asos on sale I’ve just seen. What’s the sizing like? I actually need new PJs. I’d never heard of her before.
The ones I have are this cut/style https://chelseapeersnyc.com/products/sparkle-star-button-up-pyjama-set? I’ve just seen are actually polyester but they are super soft and not synthetic/hot feeling to me, more like a heavy-ish/drapey stretch jersey maybe - anyway, I have the M which is a generous 12/small 14. They’re nice and long too (I’m 5’5 ish)

I've got some Egyptian cotton ones from I think Next. Not really pricey. Lovely and soft and fluffy.
My towels from Next have turned out to be a bit of a disappointment, all hard and scratchy. How do you wash yours?

I love Chelsea Peers designs and the fit but feel they don’t wash great so don’t last long.

I usually look for fabric composition when buying pj’s and I think modal is always the softest, nice and breathable too.

My towels from Next have turned out to be a bit of a disappointment, all hard and scratchy. How do you wash yours?
One thing I read is that not to use fabric conditioner with towels - it makes them hard not soft!

it was only after i bought towels (dusk monaco, really like them but not had them too long) that everyone and their dog recommended costco ones. apparently they get fluffier after washing / drying but not tried them myself!
I have costco ones and can confirm they are really good. I got them when they were on offer. The bath sheets are massive

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.