Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any suggestions for getting pet hair off sofa easily? The vacuum doesn't get everything off, I have the reusable lint roller and normal lint rollers but it takes so long to do a big sofa with the small rollers. Is there anything else out there that works?

Reactions: 1
Does anyone have any suggestions for getting pet hair off sofa easily? The vacuum doesn't get everything off, I have the reusable lint roller and normal lint rollers but it takes so long to do a big sofa with the small rollers. Is there anything else out there that works?
A microfibre glove.

I have one with plastic brittles, to essentially brush the pets, and the other side is microfibre - when I run it over the sofa it picks up the fine pet hair really well and it doesn't take as long as with a lint roller. I ordered mine from Zooplus, it was less than five pounds.

A slightly damp microfibres cloth and just wipe firmly in one direction.

Reactions: 2
A microfibre glove.

I have one with plastic brittles, to essentially brush the pets, and the other side is microfibre - when I run it over the sofa it picks up the fine pet hair really well and it doesn't take as long as with a lint roller. I ordered mine from Zooplus, it was less than five pounds.
I use something similar to this and it's the best for sofa and chairs.
Great thank you! I will probably just get both of these things so I can keep up with removing all the hair 🤣

Not very glamorous but this thread has been a hub of knowledge!

Ive inherited my partners Airfryer which the basket has sustained years of never being cleaned 🤯

i tried giving it a soak in washing up liquid but the last few lots of chips I made had a distinct Fairy taste 🤢

any tips on getting it back to new again? Struggling to think what to use as cook food directly on it!

Ive inherited my partners Airfryer which the basket has sustained years of never being cleaned 🤯

i tried giving it a soak in washing up liquid but the last few lots of chips I made had a distinct Fairy taste 🤢

any tips on getting it back to new again? Struggling to think what to use as cook food directly on it!
Have you tried baking soda or bicarbonate of soda? They shouldn’t leave the taste and smell of the washing up liquid.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Have you tried baking soda or bicarbonate of soda? They shouldn’t leave the taste and smell of the washing up liquid.

I would try spraying it with elbow grease leave it a while and then just wash it as normal, will lift off any grease etc really quickly

I put water and laundry conditioner E.g fairy in mine. Put it on max heat for 10 min and the scrub. May need to soak in hot soapy water. Then repeat x

Can anyone recommend a good compact carpet cleaner?
I live in a houseshare and my bedroom carpet needs a good clean .

Maybe not compact but the rug dr is fab. They do a hand held one too but the bigger one is defiantly better.

Reactions: 4
After reading all the towel conversations I’m going to go for Asda as I have been looking for new towels so thank you!
Also does anyone have any good recommendations of a nice smelling plug in etc
No matter what I do I never seem to find something that lasts
Like my house doesn’t smell etc but I just want it to smell amazing when you walk in and around the the house and candles and sprays only last as long as there on

If your waking up to wet windows indoors, I read about wiping washing up liquid in a dry cloth to the windows every few days, I gave it ago last week….it actully works! So I’ve got some cheap liquid just for this! We was away at the weekend so did it on th Friday and it lasted all weekend!

Reactions: 4
After reading all the towel conversations I’m going to go for Asda as I have been looking for new towels so thank you!
Also does anyone have any good recommendations of a nice smelling plug in etc
No matter what I do I never seem to find something that lasts
Like my house doesn’t smell etc but I just want it to smell amazing when you walk in and around the the house and candles and sprays only last as long as there on
I was using the frebreeze plug in crocus and something it smelled nice for about a week but then couldn't really smell it. I think the glade ones are better.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.