Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Next do a dining table that is small and then it flips to a 6 seater table. We live in a flat. Have 2 chairs and was gonna get fold up chairs not got yet but have used our foldable Garden chairs 🙈
View attachment 1617769
We have four nice chairs, which is sufficient 90% of the time and got some folding chairs from Ikea. They do double duty as the "clothes chairs" the rest of the time, so it was a very useful purchase and they honestly are okay to sit on with a cushion. Much better solution this way than getting unnecessary nice chairs and then something for the bedroom just for clothes.

Reactions: 2
Think I might replace my table now they've been mentioned. I was saying to my mum last night that I just have a random space in my open plan flat that has no purpose.
My living area is cordoned off somewhat by my corner sofa so it's a definite space and then it's my kitchen space behind that so I've ended up with this random emptiness and not sure what else to do with it?

I have a basic micro fibre mop but I find that it just pushes dirt (mostly hair) around my white marble floors. Any suggestions/tips to help with this? It is driving me insane! I am renting hence the white marble floors

I have a basic micro fibre mop but I find that it just pushes dirt (mostly hair) around my white marble floors. Any suggestions/tips to help with this? It is driving me insane! I am renting hence the white marble floors
I just got the vileda spray 121 mop and love it! No bucket needed and reusable pads. Really good at getting the floor clean too

Reactions: 4
Not sure if this is rhe right thread so sorry if it doesn’t belong here but …..
We’ve decided to get new Curtains for the lounge to help with keepin heat in (live in a council flat with dodgy windows so heat escapes around the edges) our window is big n awkward to buy for! The current curtains are
Drop 180cm w 140cm but it’s hard to get that size so thinking maybe gettin a longer drop so they go to the floor?

Reactions: 1
We’ve decided to get new Curtains for the lounge to help with keepin heat in (live in a council flat with dodgy windows so heat escapes around the edges) our window is big n awkward to buy for! The current curtains are
Drop 180cm w 140cm but it’s hard to get that size so thinking maybe gettin a longer drop so they go to the floor?
If you have a needle and thread, just buy them longer and tack them up if you don't want floor length or you can buy hemming tape you just iron on.

Reactions: 4
If you have a needle and thread, just buy them longer and tack them up if you don't want floor length or you can buy hemming tape you just iron on.
Thank you the hemming tape is prob more me. Floor length isn’t a issue as such, probably better with keepin heat in.

My partner mops because I get frustrated with cleaning the floor. Like you I feel l am only spreading dirt around otherwise. The best thing I ever did was buy a steam cleaner. I have a vax one that I love!

Agree with other commenter that curtains that touch the floor look best. I had some special made at John Lewis. It was on the expensive side but I absolutely adore them. I had them made from upholstery material because texture is a real thing for me when it comes to material #iamaweirdo

Attachments

Thank you all for your comments about the curtains.
Think floor will be best there’s no radiator under the window, only have a coffee table n cat post, beanbag by the window.
Might even go for a bold print as have no colour theme, just grey walls. So when they are closed will be a focus point in the lounge.

Reactions: 6
Thank you all for your comments about the curtains.
Think floor will be best there’s no radiator under the window, only have a coffee table n cat post, beanbag by the window.
Might even go for a bold print as have no colour theme, just grey walls. So when they are closed will be a focus point in the lounge.
Also have a look at thermal linings if keeping the drafts out is an issue

Or Dunelm do thermal curtains x

Also have a look at thermal linings if keeping the drafts out is an issue

Or Dunelm do thermal curtains x
I’ve been lookin at dunelm. Thank you.
Also lookin for a front door one to.

Reactions: 1
My curtains all touch the floor, can't have curtains half way up the wall lol.
My bedroom curtains just come to the window sill and they give me the ick. Every other room just has blinds, I may swap to the spare room 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
A longer drop could work. Most of my curtains are floor length and I haven't noticed an issue with them blockng the heat from the rads or anything.

Reactions: 3
Are Jo Malone candles worth the price?
I had a pomegranate noir one which scented pretty much the whole of my downstairs when I lit it. But I’ve also had travel size of some of the lighter scents like pear and freesia and it’s not been worth the money in my opinion.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.