Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm big on bicarb and white vinager. I buy both in bulk from amazon. I use asda non bio for washing clothes its like £6.50 for a massive box and has lasted me and my herd of messy kids and partner a good 4 months so far and a fair bit left. I've been looking for a good thick chunky knitted throw for my sofa. I have a nice woolen one but need a bigger one as the sofa I just got is huge. My house is terraced so thinking of a mirror at the doorway and top of stairs to make it seem less closed in? We are building a porch soon and having a new bathroom fitted as this bathroom is a wet room and 2 of my kids have sensory issues so can't go in a shower and I'm having to bathe them in a big baby bath lol. It's a very small bathroom. I'm thinking dark wall to floor tiles so it's even more cosy. My fella wants a stand alone bath but not sure myself if I'm being honest. Ideas welcome lol.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the standalone baths even though they look fancy - too much room at the sides for splashes and you'll need to clean the sides, too. So I'd personally veto one, just because I wouldn't like cleaning it.
Otoh, if you will use the bath for your kids as well, it might make it easier to bath them, as you'll have more room to move about.

Reactions: 3
Argh my orange lilies have dropped their petals and the pollen has landed on my carpet. How do I remove it without spreading it and pushing it further into the wool?!

Argh my orange lilies have dropped their petals and the pollen has landed on my carpet. How do I remove it without spreading it and pushing it further into the wool?!
Could you not hold the nozzle of the hoover over the debris and pull it up that way?

then spray carpet stain remover on it and dab?

Reactions: 1
Use the nozzle of your hoover pipe to suction up the loose pollen. Hover over it and DO NOT rub! If there is still a mark left try surgical spirit on a cloth and gently dab at the stain. Keep using clean bits of your cloth with spirit and again do not rub as you will spread it. Good luck!

Reactions: 4
Ok, dealing with a rental property - the bathroom tiles look like they haven’t been properly cleaned for months. Hit me with your best, strongest action cleaning tips pls
I feel like I want to jet wash them but not an option obvs.
I was always a big fan of the astonish mould and limescale remover spray but i think it needs a bit more I think. Luckily no black mould, but very neglected.trying to think of what would be a good scrubbing implementthat can do a large area of tiles at a time otherwise it’ll take me ages

Ok, dealing with a rental property - the bathroom tiles look like they haven’t been properly cleaned for months. Hit me with your best, strongest action cleaning tips pls
I was always a big fan of the astonish mould and limescale remover spray but i think it needs a bit more I think. Luckily no black mould, but very neglected.trying to think of what would be a good scrubbing implementthat can do a large area of tiles at a time otherwise it’ll take me ages
Bleach. Pure and simple. Leave it on for a while then rinse. Ps wear clothes you no longer need whilst doing it x

• Heart
I was watching clean queen's (e4) the other day, and they used whitening tooth paste and a decent toothbrush. Could give it a try?

Reactions: 2
Is it limescale or just soap scum/dirt?

So couple of years ago this happened to me too on brand new cream carpets
I cannot remember what it was but I had to go buy some stuff from maplin or Halfords to get it out and it worked
I cannot for the life of me remember what it was but it was something for cars that got it out as strange as this sounds

Depends on what is on the tiles - I'd try an acid-based product if it's limescale and leave it on for a good while and I know some people swearing by oven spray if it's a build-up of soap. You could spritz either on and cover it with plastic wrap or similar to avoid it drying out and hopefully minimize any scrubbing needs. If you do need to scrub it get one of those brushes with a grip, like this. I've successfully scrubbed a very green and neglected balcony in the past with a similar one and it didn't take too long and worked well, too. Or you could splurge if you have a power drill and get those cleaning brush attachments for it. never tried them, but I've been curious for ages.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Or you could splurge if you have a power drill and get those cleaning brush attachments for it. never tried them, but I've been curious for ages.
Oh I really want one of those. Over lockdown, I developed a bit of an addiction to cleaning videos (cars, rugs, swimming pools) and the car-cleaning videos that use those drill attachments are right up my street. They look so amazing and cleaning my bathroom would be a breeze - although I’d probably go too far lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Elbow Grease spray (if its soap scum it will break down the fats in it) and a scrubbing brush.

Reactions: 2
I’m going to try this! Will this work on grout? It was sand coloured, but around where I stand under the shower head in the bath, it’s now brown!
You might be able to get a grout reviver in this shade. I used a white one on my bathroom and although it was hard work it made the grout look brand new, and has stayed like this (with regular cleaning) for over a year. I think a few brands do them but this is the one I used - read the Amazon reviews there are some good tips on there: https://amzn.eu/d/aURDg6a

First timer on this thread, but I'm moving out for the first time with my boyfriend - both early 20's - and we want to make sure we keep our flat clean and tidy, looking boujee but also on a budget so we can save to buy next year (hopefully !!). Does anyone have any tips? We move in 2 weeks 🥰
Next do a dining table that is small and then it flips to a 6 seater table. We live in a flat. Have 2 chairs and was gonna get fold up chairs not got yet but have used our foldable Garden chairs 🙈
670AD103-10EB-4F87-BA4E-7B60073F6B41.png

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Next do a dining table that is small and then it flips to a 6 seater table. We live in a flat. Have 2 chairs and was gonna get fold up chairs not got yet but have used our foldable Garden chairs 🙈
View attachment 1617769
My mum has done the same.

2 "nice" chairs for every day as 99% if the time it is just her. Then she got folding chairs from B&M they are grey velvet and she stores them under her sofa for when she has guests. They were £10 each and are such a great and fairly inexpensive way of seating more people.

ETA and the table doesn't look cluttered with too many chairs around it day to day

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My mum has done the same.

2 "nice" chairs for every day as 99% if the time it is just her. Then she got folding chairs from B&M they are grey velvet and she stores them under her sofa for when she has guests. They were £10 each and are such a great and fairly inexpensive way of seating more people.

ETA and the table doesn't look cluttered with too many chairs around it day to day
Our chairs looked really nice till we adopted a kitten n had to cover them up! I’ll check out b&m for some foldable chairs.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.