Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't managed to buy a spot cleaner yet because I end up watching the review videos 😂

Reactions: 1
I've ordered a robovac today! 🤭 I have g.pigs (kept indoors) so I'm hoping it'll help minimise the constant messes from their cage.

I hate spending money and it feels a bit frivolous but I've wanted one a long time. This afternoon I finally buckled...

Reactions: 6
I've ordered a robovac today! 🤭 I have g.pigs (kept indoors) so I'm hoping it'll help minimise the constant messes from their cage.

I hate spending money and it feels a bit frivolous but I've wanted one a long time. This afternoon I finally buckled...
I've been thinking of getting one for a while. Let us know if it's worth it!

Reactions: 3

Oh please tell us everything about it when it's running

I looooove my robovac! Had it for almost two years now and it’s the best thing ever. I let it run mostly when I’m out and come back to a nice fresh flat, plus it is a godsend during allergy seaso, when I’ll just let it run daily. It made a huge difference. And it get‘s into many nooks my regular vacuum couldn’t even fit.
You can’t get rid of the regular vacuum though, not really, I still use mine for dusting off the ceiling and that stuff.

Reactions: 8
I made huge progress yesterday with the downstairs of my house, so much so when my Aunty came in she commented on how nice it smelt 😍
I think by end of this week my house might be in order again so thank you all for the great tips 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m clearing out my ottoman bed storage and noticing just how dusty it’s got under here- vacuum storage bags and some lush smelling dryer sheets have already been ordered and will give a deep clean but does anyone have any tips for good longer term storage in this kind of space?

Everything went in freshly washed and dried but it’s got this odd smell to it now. I’d rather not have to wash it all every 6 months now I’m not just ignoring its existence (or have to resort my storage so only non-fabric items stay under there)

Reactions: 5
I’m clearing out my ottoman bed storage and noticing just how dusty it’s got under here- vacuum storage bags and some lush smelling dryer sheets have already been ordered and will give a deep clean but does anyone have any tips for good longer term storage in this kind of space?

Everything went in freshly washed and dried but it’s got this odd smell to it now. I’d rather not have to wash it all every 6 months now I’m not just ignoring its existence (or have to resort my storage so only non-fabric items stay under there)
I was going to suggest tumble dryer sheets, but you’ve already ordered some. Possibly put a sprinkle of bicarbonate of soda in the corners of the ottoman to soak up any other odours and once in a while vacuum up and resprinkle.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Lined drawer sheets perhaps. Also if you have one of those little mesh organza bags knocking about you could stick some Lenor Unstoppables in too. It might be worth just opening it up regularly to get a good buy of air circulation going too.
I was going to suggest tumble dryer sheets, but you’ve already ordered some. Possibly put a sprinkle of bicarbonate of soda in the corners of the ottoman to soak up any other odours and once in a while vacuum up and resprinkle.

• Heart
So does anyone decorate their doors or home with seasonal decor…spring, summer, autumn, Halloween, winter and Christmas?

I haven’t but get so tempted ha! X

Reactions: 5
So does anyone decorate their doors or home with seasonal decor…spring, summer, autumn, Halloween, winter and Christmas?

I don’t, not really. I have a small fake Christmas tree that I put up and last year I collected some pincones and chestnuts and put them in a nice vase, but that’s about it. I never really had space for a lot of deco items before and I feel like I don’t have a good eye for it, so my plants have to do that deco job year round.

I want to this year. Few pumpkins, haloween lantern, pumpkin full of sweets outside so trick or treaters don't need to knock my door lol, might even get a witches broom with a little witch to stick outside lol.

• Heart
I want to this year. Few pumpkins, haloween lantern, pumpkin full of sweets outside so trick or treaters don't need to knock my door lol, might even get a witches broom with a little witch to stick outside lol.
Last year I made the mistake of putting treats outside for them to take themselves. I also have a ring doorbell and was amazed at the difference in some kids - some of them looked straight at the doorbell and were saying thank you so much (we had gotten drinks as well as treats so I think they were delighted with having variety) then there was 1 group of around 4 11/12 year olds who went to town on the stuff and took enough for 20 kids (I was upstairs at the time so only realised after otherwise I would have stopped them) and even spoke between themselves about how greedy they were.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Last year I made the mistake of putting treats outside for them to take themselves. I also have a ring doorbell and was amazed at the difference in some kids - some of them looked straight at the doorbell and were saying thank you so much (we had gotten drinks as well as treats so I think they were delighted with having variety) then there was 1 group of around 4 11/12 year olds who went to town on the stuff and took enough for 20 kids (I was upstairs at the time so only realised after otherwise I would have stopped them) and even spoke between themselves about how greedy they were.
Making me think twice. They can have my thoughts and prayers instead I think.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'd love to have a wreath on my door but live in a flat so I'm considering having one on the wall instead this year or is that proper naff 😭
I love seasonal decs! I do get a real Christmas tree every year and it's such a highlight because I'm a sad cow

Reactions: 2
I'd love to have a wreath on my door but live in a flat so I'm considering having one on the wall instead this year or is that proper naff 😭
I love seasonal decs! I do get a real Christmas tree every year and it's such a highlight because I'm a sad cow
I want a nice pretty wreath this year. Not sure if I want it traditional or a bit more bright and modern.

I want a nice pretty wreath this year. Not sure if I want it traditional or a bit more bright and modern.
I'm leaning towards more traditional as my furniture is quite classic looking (think darker stained wood rather than Frenchic chalk paint!) and my living room is a dusky rose so considering having pink as the main colour for Christmas this year. John Lewis has some really gorgeous modern *and* traditional ones that I'm actually looking at now!

• Heart
I'm leaning towards more traditional as my furniture is quite classic looking (think darker stained wood rather than Frenchic chalk paint!) and my living room is a dusky rose so considering having pink as the main colour for Christmas this year. John Lewis has some really gorgeous modern *and* traditional ones that I'm actually looking at now!
I was looking at the John Lewis Christmas decorations last night and the ‘Sugar Plum Cafe’ range looks really pretty, lots of pinks and peaches. I really rate their Christmas baubles and things and was devastated when the nearest branch to me closed during the pandemic. The next nearest is a heck of a treck but I do love looking at their Christmas stuff.

Does anyone have a baby (8months) and a very very hairy dog (bernese) or similar? 😂 any tips to keep the house clean??!!

I was looking at the John Lewis Christmas decorations last night and the ‘Sugar Plum Cafe’ range looks really pretty, lots of pinks and peaches. I really rate their Christmas baubles and things and was devastated when the nearest branch to me closed during the pandemic. The next nearest is a heck of a treck but I do love looking at their Christmas stuff.
Omigod that's exactly the theme I was looking at! Great minds!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.