Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What's the point of having one then 😂😂
Because she doesn’t follow us around the house tidying up after everyone, making beds every morning, wiping down the kitchen sides after use, poofing cushions, putting clothes away, putting bleach down the toilets every night, emptying dishwasher every day it’s bleeping non stop man and I like a clean and tidy house. I’m very grateful for her and she does a lot of the big jobs for me but there’s always something to do 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Because she doesn’t follow us around the house tidying up after everyone, making beds every morning, wiping down the kitchen sides after use, poofing cushions, putting clothes away, putting bleach down the toilets every night, emptying dishwasher every day it’s bleeping non stop man and I like a clean and tidy house. I’m very grateful for her and she does a lot of the big jobs for me but there’s always something to do 🤷🏻‍♀️
Aye yes the small jobs take up much less time though with a cleaner. As long as my house is relatively clean and tidy I'm not bothered life's too short to try and have a show home especially with children.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Does anyone have tips on how to remove really persistent limescale in the loo? It’s high up, from where the water comes in to the bowl when you flush. I’ve tried Viakal, bicarb, Kilrock (useless as it just drained off but probably my fault for not thinking it through), vinegar, the Dr Beckmann foam, and nothing has worked.
During lockdown, I took an old dinner knife that was otherwise going in the bin and I chipped off all the limescale from under the waterline (incredibly satisfying, weirdly) and scooped them out with the water afterwards and put some Viakal in.

What exciting times those were.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Does anyone have a handheld steam iron to recommend that would smooth out bedding?

During lockdown, I took an old dinner knife that was otherwise going in the bin and I chipped off all the limescale from under the waterline (incredibly satisfying, weirdly) and scooped them out with the water afterwards and put some Viakal in.

Could also use a toilet pumice stone, they work quite well

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Guys, run don’t walk to “mountainrugcleaning” on IG - guy cleaning filthy rugs and it’s sooo satisfying!

• Haha
  • Wow
Does anyone have a handheld steam iron to recommend that would smooth out bedding?

Could also use a toilet pumice stone, they work quite well
I have a Swan steamer. It’s quite good. I bought it in Home Bargains, I can’t remember the price but I know it wasn’t expensive

Reactions: 1

I have chopped up one of those green scouring pads and used that on my loo before. Just throw it away afterwards.

Reactions: 1
I didn’t want to quote everyone but my few pence one a few bits.

If someone’s been ill, don’t forget the banister and I also disinfect bins if someone’s had a cold and been throwing tissues away.

My friend told me to get a cleaner for the wedding but I fear they won’t do it as I want it so I’m wasting my money and time!

Reactions: 4
The black harpic is pretty good for limescale, it can take a few goes but it’s some of the best loo cleaner I’ve found for really hard water. The key though is to make sure that you’re able to get the product to stay on long enough to work - have you checked whether you might have a slow leak there, perhaps from the cistern overfilling and slowly dribbling out? If you fix that then you might be able to get stuff to stay on long enough - I think Kilrock used to do a gel that was really good for limescale in awkward spots.
Seconding the black Harpic. It's excellent. I usually pick it up in Poundland where it's cheaper than the supermarkets.

Reactions: 7
Amen to this hon - I feel seen.

• Haha
  • Heart
I am super late to the party but I bought some magic erasers from Home Bargains on a whim yesterday and I cannot believe how good they are. For something so cheap, it brought me a lot of satisfaction. I managed to get rid of loads of marks from my doors/doorframes/walls/skirting boards etc. Once I got started, I couldn't stop!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Seconding the black Harpic. It's excellent. I usually pick it up in Poundland where it's cheaper than the supermarkets.
Thirding (?) black Harpic. I won't buy anything else for the loo, and despair of the amount of people I see on insta etc who are cleaning and bleaching their limescale. Such a peeve.

Reactions: 12
Guys, run don’t walk to “mountainrugcleaning” on IG - guy cleaning filthy rugs and it’s sooo satisfying!
Over lockdown, I developed a bit of an addiction to rug, car and swimming pool cleaning videos, and also videos of people jet-washing driveways and stuff. There’s just something so satisfying about watching something really filthy get cleaned really well.

Reactions: 15
Over lockdown, I developed a bit of an addiction to rug, car and swimming pool cleaning videos, and also videos of people jet-washing driveways and stuff. There’s just something so satisfying about watching something really filthy get cleaned really well.
They become addictive. I love a good jet wash. It’s mad what it can do. I did all my paths and it’s amazing. My arms hurt after tho x

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.