Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have a baby (8months) and a very very hairy dog (bernese) or similar? 😂 any tips to keep the house clean??!!
I have small messy children who like to do things like mess up my house 😂 and a dog but he isn't very hairy. I do a big clean once a week but keep on top of it daily. I vacuum everyday even if its just a quick go over, I make bed as soon as I'm out of it, clean/tidy once the kids are asleep so I get up to a clean house. I enjoy cleaning and tidying so half the time I'll be tidying the house without even realising 😂. I can't help with keeping sofas clean I'm afraid as I have the same issue, well I clean them obviously but they are stained from the children eating on them etc and I REFUSE to get leather sofas I'd honestly rather sit on cardboard boxes 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don’t, not really. I have a small fake Christmas tree that I put up and last year I collected some pincones and chestnuts and put them in a nice vase, but that’s about it. I never really had space for a lot of deco items before and I feel like I don’t have a good eye for it, so my plants have to do that deco job year round.
It’s harder in small spaces. Part of me thinks it’s all a big gimmick but at the same time I love it. X

Reactions: 2
I was gonna ask about decorating houses for halloween but I didn’t want to be the crazy one 😜 I always say I’m doing it for the kids but my now teenage step daughter isn’t arsed anymore so I’m going for a nice neutral adult theme this year. I’ve picked up some really nice bits in Primark, white ceramic pumpkins and autumnal themed candles and I got this rattan style pumpkin in Asda the other day. Looking for a nice wreath for the front door now might get one from a florists.

I haven’t decided for Christmas yet, but first in our new house so I’m defo changing it from my usual, maybe will go dark red.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I was gonna ask about decorating houses for halloween but I didn’t want to be the crazy one 😜 I always say I’m doing it for the kids but my now teenage step daughter isn’t arsed anymore so I’m going for a nice neutral adult theme this year. I’ve picked up some really nice bits in Primark, white ceramic pumpkins and autumnal themed candles and I got this rattan style pumpkin in Asda the other day. Looking for a nice wreath for the front door now might get one from a florists.

I haven’t decided for Christmas yet, but first in our new house so I’m defo changing it from my usual, maybe will go dark red.
Can't go wrong with a red Xmas theme in my eyes.

With the florist wreath you could stick some oil on it to give it a nice welcome home stank too

Reactions: 3
Ideas for a pink Xmas theme? Anyone would think I don't have all boys and a male partner but oh well I make this house a home they can all DEAL. I'm thinking pink bauble wreath, a nice white Xmas tree with doves and pink decor? I'm not bothering with lights and I don't do tinsel. My mother never let me have Xmas decor up and never had anyone to show me how to style things so any pointers even if obvious are great. Always just winged it and still learning things now in my 30s that most people's parents teach them when young. Not trying to give a sob story but I'm pointing it out to say these threads can help people alot more then you might think. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I agree that red looks classy and timeless!
I’ve got all the Christmas decor last year that I I’ll keep for at least a decade.
Only thing to purchase this year is some extra window lights and garden fairy lights.

Ideas for a pink Xmas theme? Anyone would think I don't have all boys and a male partner but oh well I make this house a home they can all DEAL. I'm thinking pink bauble wreath, a nice white Xmas tree with doves and pink decor? I'm not bothering with lights and I don't do tinsel. My mother never let me have Xmas decor up and never had anyone to show me how to style things so any pointers even if obvious are great. Always just winged it and still learning things now in my 30s that most people's parents teach them when young. Not trying to give a sob story but I'm pointing it out to say these threads can help people alot more then you might think. ❤
i'd say look on pinterest! sometimes it's easier to figure out what you don't like instead of what you do.

• Heart
Oh why don’t you want lights? It’s the best part for me, I have loads so it’s extra sparkly. I don’t go too crazy on baubles though, I like to have a few big statement ones and then some smaller simple fillers. Pink isn’t for me but I do think it can look nice if it’s subtle and not too in ya face pink.

I really like the touches of red against the white in this pic..

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I do put a Christmas wreath on my lounge door after seeing Zoe Sugg put one the inside of her backdoor 😊

Reactions: 1
Oh why don’t you want lights? It’s the best part for me, I have loads so it’s extra sparkly. I don’t go too crazy on baubles though, I like to have a few big statement ones and then some smaller simple fillers. Pink isn’t for me but I do think it can look nice if it’s subtle and not too in ya face pink.

I really like the touches of red against the white in this pic..
I cant hang lights on a tree properly just ends up looking a mess so think it's best I avoid altogether lol. I do want a big tree though I'm thinking of wrapping presents in brown paper with different coloured ribbons for each person.

I cant hang lights on a tree properly just ends up looking a mess so think it's best I avoid altogether lol. I do want a big tree though I'm thinking of wrapping presents in brown paper with different coloured ribbons for each person.
I bought a pre-lit tree a few years ago. Got it in the sale and it has lasted really well, just have to make sure you pack the wiring away properly.

• Heart
Maybe you could get a pre lit one if you’re thinking of getting white? I think it’s nice to customise presents and I rarely see paper that I like so I often end up with brown paper or I’ve had like brown paper but it’s silver and just added nice ribbons and trinklet bits to them. You could have ribbon on your tree as well that’s quite popular now instead of tinsel.

I bought a pre-lit tree a few years ago. Got it in the sale and it has lasted really well, just have to make sure you pack the wiring away properly.
You beat me to it 🎄

• Heart
You know a pre lit tree sounds a good idea! I was thinking of getting a white one with a nice fluffy skirt. I do like the idea of a ribbon as well for the tree. *heads to pintrest*

My flat is small so I don’t do much for Xmas but I used to love making my little office festive (maybe cos it’s more fun to do as a group, use expenses and skive working) with things like wrapping up the frames on the wall with wrapping paper and ribbon, likewise a ribbon round the door, wrapping up anything not glued down to go under our little tree and putting up icicle style fairy lights.
At my home I have a teeny little pop up tinsel tree and that’s about as festive as it gets 😂

I’m obsessed with Xmas and have boxes of decorations which I pack in to colour themes so each year I only need to get out the colour boxes I need for whatever I’ve decided, the whole room then goes in that theme. My favourites are pale pink and gold (which looks absolutely beautiful with white lights) and peacock/ jewel colours (think rich purples, teal, bright pink, emerald, dark blue, turquoise and so on) which I usually pair with coloured lights. My other themes are white and silver (white lights) and red and white (white lights). I find packing all of one theme together makes it so much easier and I add to my collection each year.

Oh and I do indoor wreaths too, I have one on my living room wall and another on the inside of my kitchen door.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I love Christmas, I have 3 trees, main one in the lounge which is decorated silver, white and pink, then one in the dining room (cream and gold), and a small one at the top of the stairs (red, white and green). Oh, and a little pop up tree that goes in the kitchen, that one is just silver.

I have a crappy front door wreath I bought for £5 about 8-9 years ago. I'd like to replace it, but my front door is quite exposed to the elements so I'm reluctant to spend more on a fancy one that might get destroyed. However last year I put some of those battery operated copper wire lights (the ones that are just a length of wire with tiny bulbs on) and it actually looked really pretty, so I might get another couple of years out of it!

edited to add - my trees look NOTHING like the one in the photo above. Maybe if you ordered the one above from Wish...that's what mine look like!

• Haha
I love Christmas, I have 3 trees, main one in the lounge which is decorated silver, white and pink, then one in the dining room (cream and gold), and a small one at the top of the stairs (red, white and green). Oh, and a little pop up tree that goes in the kitchen, that one is just silver.

I have a crappy front door wreath I bought for £5 about 8-9 years ago. I'd like to replace it, but my front door is quite exposed to the elements so I'm reluctant to spend more on a fancy one that might get destroyed. However last year I put some of those battery operated copper wire lights (the ones that are just a length of wire with tiny bulbs on) and it actually looked really pretty, so I might get another couple of years out of it!

edited to add - my trees look NOTHING like the one in the photo above. Maybe if you ordered the one above from Wish...that's what mine look like!
Three trees sounds lovely but I just about have the patience to pack away one tree. I might get one of those mini ones for the kitchen this year though and I’ll have a garland to go in dining room. Definitely going to get a wreath for indoors now as well, you’ve all inspired me. Ohhh I love Christmas!!!

I’ve never done pink, tbh it wouldn’t match my house. But, I’ve seen pink trees when I’ve been shopping before and they look so special. They usually have a lot of swans accompanying them and they look really elegant. So totally go for it!

How many trees is too many? Is there a limit before it becomes tacky?

I’ve never done pink, tbh it wouldn’t match my house. But, I’ve seen pink trees when I’ve been shopping before and they look so special. They usually have a lot of swans accompanying them and they look really elegant. So totally go for it!

How many trees is too many? Is there a limit before it becomes tacky?
It's christmas, the season of tack so therefore nothing can be too tacky

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.