Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any tips for cleaning / dusting window blinds. I have the "tool" but I don't think it works very well. Does the new Flash Dust Magnet do the job or is it just another fad?

Reactions: 2
Please can you share your mopping technique/method?! (I love the effect of freshly washed floors), but find it such an ordeal to set it all up and go and do it!). Have you a magical mop?! Thanks in advance!
I use the flash speed mop things daily, I live in an open plan flat so it looks disgusting quickly if I don't do it daily
Proper mop once a week but actually I think the flash mop does a better job.
Can't use my steam mop on the floors as I have LVT 🙄

Any tips for cleaning / dusting window blinds. I have the "tool" but I don't think it works very well. Does the new Flash Dust Magnet do the job or is it just another fad?
They're crap as I've found out.
Microfibre cloth should do the job?

I use the flash speed mop things daily, I live in an open plan flat so it looks disgusting quickly if I don't do it daily
Proper mop once a week but actually I think the flash mop does a better job.
Can't use my steam mop on the floors as I have LVT 🙄

They're crap as I've found out.
Microfibre cloth should do the job?
Thanks so much for sharing this! I’ve just googled the Flash speed mop and it looks great and I think I will invest in one . (I have a doggy who might not appreciate the lemon scent, but maybe I could use it on days when he is visiting his grandpawrents!). I already own a standard mop that comes with with microfibre cloths, but having to wash the cloths separately to the rest of my laundry discourages me from mopping as frequently as I should!).

Reactions: 1
Have a look at microfibre dusting gloves, use them damp, works brilliantly 🙂. Amazon have lots to choose from that are inexpensive.

Reactions: 4
Can anyone recommend a good steamer? I've managed to break mine so the steaming button no longer works - there's one on the handle and one on the body of the steamer (as it converts to a handheld one), of course it's the handle one that's broken so I can now only steam my floors if I'm effectively bent double, which doesn't add to the experience!

Reactions: 3
Thanks so much for sharing this! I’ve just googled the Flash speed mop and it looks great and I think I will invest in one . (I have a doggy who might not appreciate the lemon scent, but maybe I could use it on days when he is visiting his grandpawrents!). I already own a standard mop that comes with with microfibre cloths, but having to wash the cloths separately to the rest of my laundry discourages me from mopping as frequently as I should!).
Oh goodness me I LOATHE doing the big weekly mop and the flash wipes are proper soaking wet so manage to clean really thoroughly!
Can anyone recommend a good steamer? I've managed to break mine so the steaming button no longer works - there's one on the handle and one on the body of the steamer (as it converts to a handheld one), of course it's the handle one that's broken so I can now only steam my floors if I'm effectively bent double, which doesn't add to the experience!
Is yours a vax? I have a vax and it's awful!

Please can you share your mopping technique/method?! (I love the effect of freshly washed floors), but find it such an ordeal to set it all up and go and do it!). Have you a magical mop?! Thanks in advance!
I use the Flash Power Mop! It sprays from the part that goes on the floor and has detachable pads. I love it and it makes me clean the floor much more often than I would if I have to actually mop. It’s a bit of a pain to store in my not large flat, but I’m a big fan. I do worry about the single use pads from an environment perspective. Might try using an old small towel once I’ve run out of the pads.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I use the Flash Power Mop! It sprays from the part that goes on the floor and has detachable pads. I love it and it makes me clean the floor much more often than I would if I have to actually mop. It’s a bit of a pain to store in my not large flat, but I’m a big fan. I do worry about the single use pads from an environment perspective. Might try using an old small towel once I’ve run out of the pads.
I have the violeda version. The pads are reusable and you can fill the inbuilt tank with any solution instead of buying bottles.

Reactions: 4
I have a standard spray mop from Amazon. The floor pads just go into the washing machine.

I use this as well and it’s great!
I found a hack on youtube where instead of buying a bottle of the solution each time, if you boil some water and submerge the lid it lets you open the bottle. That way you can fill it up with any floor cleaner you like! Like you I do feel bad about the disposable wipes.

Is it much different to the standard spray mops?

Does anyone have the steam mop from Lidl? I see one is going on sale tomorrow and I'm thinking about buying it but only if it does a decent job.

I have an open plan living/kitchen so can look messy really quickly!
I keep kitchen worktops cleaned, sort the sofa and cushions, sweep the floors and put the kids toys away and it looks much better and kept on top of.
I hoover the stairs once/twice a week and use the 1001 spray (the thai orchid one smells amazing).
Open the windows the air the house out and keep it smelling fresh.
I find putting washing away such a chore but I've found it much easier putting it into bundles of mine/partner/kids stuff and literally takes 5 mins and I feel so good after doing it.
I'm a big candle/wax melt fan and tend to keep to clean/linen/fresh scents but winter time I change it up to cinnamon/Christmas scents.
I'm going to look into a diffuser though!

Reactions: 7
There was only one scent I liked but I haven’t seen it in the shops for a long time.
There was one I liked that came out around Christmas time a few years ago but other than that I don’t like them and it makes me feel itchy.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.