Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find Zoflora scents really overpowering.
I bought one for my bathroom but the whole flat smells of it after I've used it! Only want to de-stink the nappy bin

Reactions: 3
I seriously need these summer holidays to be over so I can have a few hours peace to deep clean my house.

It was the twilight garden scent that I loved. I started having to buy it on Amazon but it’s gone up to almost £7. They were all £1 when they got popular.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I seriously need these summer holidays to be over so I can have a few hours peace to deep clean my house.
Is there anything better?
I love making a list and cleaning room by room - organising every cupboard and every drawer.
So therapeutic!

Reactions: 12

It was the twilight garden scent that I loved. I started having to buy it on Amazon but it’s gone up to almost £7. They were all £1 when they got popular.
Oh I think that was the one I liked! It smells a bit like Tom Ford?

Reactions: 1

This my favourite zoflora! Often find it in poundworld/poundland!

Reactions: 2
This my favourite zoflora! Often find it in poundworld/poundland!
I also love this one (and can’t stand any other lol)
This thread has truly inspired me to make changes to enjoy my home more, I’ve probably done more cleaning and clearing since this thread started than the rest of 2022 put together! ❤

Reactions: 15
Is there anything better?
I love making a list and cleaning room by room - organising every cupboard and every drawer.
So therapeutic!
And be of my favourite hobbies. I’m getting itchy to do it but I just don’t have the time right now 😬

Reactions: 4
I love to clean room by room when no one is home to undo anything.. Gonna have to make a start around the child this afternoon.

Reactions: 6
Loving everyone's tips.

Has anyone ever found a plug-in that actually smells nice and not really synthetic?

I'm desperate to find one that smells really fresh and clean.

Reactions: 2
I love whoever said the "don't put it down, put it away" quote some pages back - I'm so guilty of this and trying to keep it mind every day now!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Loving everyone's tips.

Has anyone ever found a plug-in that actually smells nice and not really synthetic?

I'm desperate to find one that smells really fresh and clean.
Only the fabreze linen ones. I’ve some fabulousa ones at the moment and they are rubbish.

Also, this makes mopping so quick and easy. I don't like the scent of the Vileda refill so use Method Wild Rhubard Floor Cleaner instead.

Amazon product

Only the fabreze linen ones. I’ve some fabulousa ones at the moment and they are rubbish.
I've tried quite a few Febreeze ones but not that one I don't think.

Can't find it on Amazon. Don't suppose you have a link to that scent?

Thank you x

Last edited:
Thanks so much for sharing this! I’ve just googled the Flash speed mop and it looks great and I think I will invest in one . (I have a doggy who might not appreciate the lemon scent, but maybe I could use it on days when he is visiting his grandpawrents!). I already own a standard mop that comes with with microfibre cloths, but having to wash the cloths separately to the rest of my laundry discourages me from mopping as frequently as I should!).
I love the flash speed mop as well. I’ve got tile or wood in all rooms and thus really helps.

The flash wipes can be a bit pricy so I buy normal floor ones and pop them on. Work just as well!

487DA880-9A15-44EA-86EB-8AE1E6D4CF43.jpeg

6B9B7AAD-0EBB-4DA8-90C1-44EFB374F2A0.jpeg

I discovered reusable clothes as well as I am trying to make little “greener” changes and love these.
94BA1D82-08F8-4557-BD65-50754D286759.jpeg

29EA1376-3C14-4BD6-B62C-8246758E5E59.jpeg

95A3CD18-F3EF-4A9D-BC9C-47546D7FB3BC.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh my god this thread is making my day 😂

My favourite ever plug in range was the Febreze Sleep Serenity if anyone remembers it, didn't smell chemically at all.
I have the Stacey Solomon roses plug in in the hallway which I am loving tbf.
The Febreze ones are lovely I just can't make my mind up which one I want at the moment.
I do hold the somewhat unpopular opinion that vanilla-y plug ins are the worst for having a synthetic 'twang' to them.

I'm being a bit of a hypocrite today. I moan about my steam mop but I absolutely bought some new pads and some steam detergent today in Argos

Reactions: 6
Is it much different to the standard spray mops?
I don’t think so, to be honest. Embarrassingly I didn’t know spray mops existed until this year when I saw my friend using one 🤦‍♀️ And oh how I marvelled at the technology! Now just need to convince my mum that a basic mop and bucket is not the one…

And from what others have said, it might not be the best option - sounds like the Vileda one is great too! But if others disagree, please correct me 😊

I don’t think so, to be honest. Embarrassingly I didn’t know spray mops existed until this year when I saw my friend using one 🤦‍♀️ And oh how I marvelled at the technology! Now just need to convince my mum that a basic mop and bucket is not the one…

And from what others have said, it might not be the best option - sounds like the Vileda one is great too! But if others disagree, please correct me 😊
Okay cool! I do have a spray mop and just bought tons of replacement heads so I can use a new one in each area when I mop. I don't feel like they clean as well as a normal mop so sometimes do a big clean just on my hands and knees 🤣 but the spray mop is great for a quick clean, so much less effort and space needed than one with a bucket!

• Heart
I told my mum I was going to order the shark steam mop that was mentioned and she’s said she’s got the same one that she’s never uses! So that’s mine now 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I told my mum I was going to order the shark steam mop that was mentioned and she’s said she’s got the same one that she’s never uses! So that’s mine now 🥳
"I've got one somewhere"
The best words a mother can say 😂
That's how I got my KitchenAid mixer
Actually that's how I've ended up with a good 65% of everything in my flat!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.