Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I told my mum I was going to order the shark steam mop that was mentioned and she’s said she’s got the same one that she’s never uses! So that’s mine now 🥳
Ooh, let me know if you like it. I bought a Karcher steamer not that long ago and it's already bloody broken!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Dont buy a spray mop they are pathetic and just spray water on the furniture. I like the Frebreze crocus and bluebell scent.

Reactions: 1
What do you guys use to wipe with? I find microfibre clothes just spread around dirt and don’t pick it up… and I use kitchen roll but it annoys me when it breaks up and tiny bits of tissue is left haha

I love whoever said the "don't put it down, put it away" quote some pages back - I'm so guilty of this and trying to keep it mind every day now!
Me 🙋‍♀️
It really is a simple tip but so effective!
My kids are back at school now so their bedrooms are top of my list for tomorrow!

@abcdsb7 I cut up old towels for wiping/cleaning.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
What do you guys use to wipe with? I find microfibre clothes just spread around dirt and don’t pick it up… and I use kitchen roll but it annoys me when it breaks up and tiny bits of tissue is left haha
I bought an Elbow grease microfibre cloth yesterday I think it was? It's microfibre one side but non scratch scouring material on the other, used it on my wooden coffee table with the Pledge wood cleaner, cracking job

Reactions: 3
Also if you’re going on holiday bleach the toilets just before you go!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Is yours a vax? I have a vax and it's awful!
No it's a Beldray I think, I've had it for a few years but only started using it in lockdown and was then converted to the steam mop life.

Does anyone have the steam mop from Lidl? I see one is going on sale tomorrow and I'm thinking about buying it but only if it does a decent job.
I was looking at this to replace mine, as it's only £45, I think I paid £35 for my current one.

Or do I get the Shark mop? There's one on offer on Amazon for £99?

Ah decisions!!

No it's a Beldray I think, I've had it for a few years but only started using it in lockdown and was then converted to the steam mop life.

I was looking at this to replace mine, as it's only £45, I think I paid £35 for my current one.

Or do I get the Shark mop? There's one on offer on Amazon for £99?

Ah decisions!!
I have to take my moan back as I've been using my steam mop all day 😂

Sorry to add on, my friend has the Shark one now and had a Vax one and preferred the Vax as you could use detergent

So jealous if all your steam cleaners, we went for wooden flooring so I can’t use one and I’m regretting that choice!

Did my weekly clean today, peace restored.

Spray flash mops are ok ( I have 2 🤪) just ok

but
Nothing beats my Vileda Turbo mop ..I think I am beginning to form a deep attachment to it and I can see us being pals for years 😂

I put HOT water in it with flash lemon yellow /French soap and I feel like I’m really getting my floors clean

ok I will stop
I’m embarrassed for myself raving about a mop at 12.30am on a troll website

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Spray flash mops are ok ( I have 2 🤪) just ok

but
Nothing beats my Vileda Turbo mop ..I think I am beginning to form a deep attachment to it and I can see us being pals for years 😂

I put HOT water in it with flash lemon yellow /French soap and I feel like I’m really getting my floors clean

ok I will stop
I’m embarrassed for myself raving about a mop at 12.30am on a troll website
Is that the dark grey one that you press up and down on and think it’s going to take off? 🤣 They aren’t cheap, but they are great!

D24EF118-4CF4-4F79-A519-0A0DE8197AAD.jpeg

Reactions: 4
I’ve just binned my spray mop and got the above vileda! I had the spray mop for years but I felt like it made my floors sticky?? My slippers woild stick to it.. very annoying!

I find actually mopping is making a huge difference and the floors look and feel cleaner!

Reactions: 5
Is that the dark grey one that you press up and down on and think it’s going to take off? 🤣 They aren’t cheap, but they are great!

View attachment 1507734
That’s my pal!😍

I’ve just binned my spray mop and got the above vileda! I had the spray mop for years but I felt like it made my floors sticky?? My slippers woild stick to it.. very annoying!

I find actually mopping is making a huge difference and the floors look and feel cleaner!
You’ll be sending it Christmas cards and throwing b’day parties for it!

• Haha
I need a new flat mop, the one I have is terrible and partially broken, but I and DBF have our eyes out on a rather splurge-y full-metal one that I saw at MIL's she has had close to twenty years (this one here). MIL loves gifting stuff like this for Christmas and since DBF does most of the mopping as I can't stand it, he said it's on the wish list :m I know some people dislike it, but I love getting household items as a gift, as I know I'll use them often.

I have a Swiffer for which I have the dusting sheets and also hardwood flooring wet wipes. The dusting sheets are amazing for the little spaces where the vacuum doesn't get. The wet wipes are okay for freshening up quickly, but definitely don't erase the need to mop.

Reactions: 2
Can anyone advise the best way to keep hardwood floors clean? I’m very new to them and I’ve been warned not to get them too wet! I’ve been hoovering and then just using wipes but closer inspection reveals the wipes aren’t really cleaning.

Beat mop for kitchen laminate? It’s apparently waterproof but I’m scared to use anything other then a cloth on it. It’s white marble look and our dining room chairs leave black marks.

Can anyone advise the best way to keep hardwood floors clean? I’m very new to them and I’ve been warned not to get them too wet! I’ve been hoovering and then just using wipes but closer inspection reveals the wipes aren’t really cleaning.
I've hardwood flooring as well and I bought the detergent that was advised by the "guarantee slip" for the flooring. It's called "Bona Cleaner" and I got it from Amazon - seems a tad expensive at first, but I've had the bottle for two years now and hardly made a dent in it. I use it with a regular flat mop. I've found that when you wring them out well it's completely alright, no need to worry about wetness, as long as you're not leaving puddles. I've also found that the wet wipes aren't cutting it, they're just good for in-between.
The floor also looks much nicer afterward, since it's wooden, you need to care for it otherwise it'll get dull and dry, the detergent is slightly acidic which will prevent the wood from drying out.

I use a microfibre cloth for coffee tables etc. Worktops I use a flash spray then wipe it down with a flannel.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.