Your most ridiculous irrational fear

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gaps in curtains incase someone peeps through
Arms or legs outside of the covers
I don't understand people that sit in their living room with the curtains wide open in the evening when it's dark, especially if you live on a main road with lots of cars going past and people walking by 1) because of my previous post about a face appearing and 2) how can you relax knowing everyone outside can see you?! :oops:

Reactions: 16
Ive got loads but 1 is the fear of wet hair, even my own. Not on my head but the loose wet hair that gets stuck in brushes down the drain ect, even the thought makes me gag.

Another one is cruise ships in dry dock. I love a cruise and think the ships at sea are stunning, but a ship in dry dock is terrifying.

Reactions: 4
Bare feet, on a wooden floor whilst sitting on a chair. I get this horrendous fear of my feet getting under a leg with someone on the chair crushing my feet. I get really hysterical about it and sometimes make people wear shoes at the table 😂🙈

Reactions: 2
Someone tipping over a portaloo whilst I’m in it (I literally never have any need to use portaloos) or falling into the sea or a river whilst in a car. The feeling of unpolished wood on a lolly stick makes me cringe too!

I had this once. I actually locked the door and someone tried to open it but obviously it didn't open. She then went to get a member of staff who had the key and he unlocked the door whilst I was sitting on the loo 😳😳. It was in Starbucks where they just have the single cubicles so I think the member of staff just thought he hadn't unlocked it that day.

So not to make your fear any worse, but sometimes ensuring you have locked the door isn't enough if a staff member comes over with a key!
I used to work on a hospital ward that had the staff toilet opposite the main doors of the ward ( all glass) and in a large open space. Staff had to use their keys to open the toilet but even if you’d locked it when you were inside someone could open it from outside with their key. To make it worse it was the size of the toilets you have in somewhere like Costa so there was no way you could hold the door shut while using the toilet. I did walk in on someone using it once 😬🤦🏻‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Lots of things - wasps being the worst. They ruin the summer for me. If one comes near me while I’m outside, I’m straight back in and won’t go out again.
Eyes - when your eye itches and you rub it and it makes that squeaking noise so you have to stop even though it still itches.
Sitting anywhere in a cinema or theatre that isn’t on the end of a row. Hate being ‘hemmed in’.
Toilets - especially if there’s a traffic jam on the motorway and I know I can’t go, I will need to go RIGHT NOW.
There are plenty more, this is just a selection!

I live in London and I have an irrational fear of someone pushing me on to the tracks as a tube is pulling into the station. I do my best not to stand on the edge of the platform where someone can get behind me, on my seriously anxious days I stand with my back pressed to the wall unless the tube has arrived. If I ever have to stand close to the edge for any reason I’m checking left to right constantly to check that no one is behind me.

I feel so stupid writing this out but I can’t be the only one?! I think it all stems from a story I read a few years ago of someone randomly attacking a stranger on a tube platform and pushing them on to the tracks, there was a video of it too :(
As a child this was my waking nightmare, but with trains not tubes

Reactions: 1
Level crossings give me the willies!! Whenever I drive over one a shiver goes through me and I have to speed over really quickly! Final Destination vibes!

I have a massive massive phobia of spider webs and also mould. If I see a spider web or anything mouldy, I will scream like a banshee and have a pure panic attack. I cannot stand either of them. I have no idea why I have such a phobia of either of these but I am so petrified of them. Just typing this gives me goosebumps.

Reactions: 1
More intrusive thoughts than fear but anytime Im chopping anything with a sharp knife I want to just chop a finger off.

Or pour the kettle onto my arm

😬

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I live in London and I have an irrational fear of someone pushing me on to the tracks as a tube is pulling into the station. I do my best not to stand on the edge of the platform where someone can get behind me, on my seriously anxious days I stand with my back pressed to the wall unless the tube has arrived. If I ever have to stand close to the edge for any reason I’m checking left to right constantly to check that no one is behind me.

I feel so stupid writing this out but I can’t be the only one?! I think it all stems from a story I read a few years ago of someone randomly attacking a stranger on a tube platform and pushing them on to the tracks, there was a video of it too :(
I don't live in London but I get this too, anywhere that has a metro system. I don't think it's unreasonable to be aware of your surroundings, even though of course it's vanishingly unlikely that someone would randomly try and kill you haha.

For the ceiling collapse fearers, I don't know if it helps at all but I have actually experienced this (twice! The joys of renting crappy student accommodation) and it was much more annoying than dangerous. Both times it was super obvious that it was gonna happen days in advance - I mean like a GIGANTIC unmissable crack appearing in the plaster - and then the bit that did collapse came down in smallish lightweight pieces that wouldn't have seriously injured anyone even if they were standing right underneath. The floor above was fine, you wouldn't even have known from there that anything was wrong.

Squirrels!! When I was a teenager on hol a squirrel bit a girls toe and her jelly shoe filled with the blood and it made me faint. Have a panic whenever I see one now that it'll bite my toe.

And people pretending to be statues freak me out, I have to walk as far away from them as possible

someone touching my belly button, don't enjoy touching others as well
This! I’m settled down now but in the past whenever I had a new partner and we’d talk about our boundaries I’d say there’s absolutely no going anywhere near my belly button. No touching, no kissing, nothing!

I’m always fiddling with my boyfriend’s belly button though 😂

• Haha
This! I’m settled down now but in the past whenever I had a new partner and we’d talk about our boundaries I’d say there’s absolutely no going anywhere near my belly button. No touching, no kissing, nothing!

I’m always fiddling with my boyfriend’s belly button though 😂
my ex used to lick it to annoy me

• Sick
  • Sad