Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
My toes are so ticklish, I can tickle myself. Someone absolutely would be kicked in the face if they tried touching my feet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4

FlipFlop0706

VIP Member
Bastard Pigeons. I’ve been known to use a child as a protective shield when they’ve had the sheer audacity to swoop near me. They’re dirty, disease ridden, antisocial, pecky bastards who don’t respect humans.

Curly Top

VIP Member
Even since I heard as a child that a neighbour of ours had died in her attic (from a brain aneurysm), I have been terrified of going into our loft on my own. I always tell my son or husband where I am before I set foot in the area.
Even when I'm up there I am scared of forgetting where I am and falling into the loft hatch by accident. I think about it so much when I'm up there I actually think I might will myself to do it. I find it really disturbing.

I only go up for the Christmas decorations 😓

rlouisep9

VIP Member
Eyes/touching eyes/the idea of eyes coming out 🤮
Whales, nothing should be that big. They are terrifying.

Sheabutter

VIP Member
I’ve mentioned this before somewhere but it bears repeating: plants. Little Shop of Horrors did an absolute number on me. I want to start an indoor garden but holy fucking moly am I scared off feeding plants. 😥

• Haha

Chewingthefat

Level crossings give me the willies!! Whenever I drive over one a shiver goes through me and I have to speed over really quickly! Final Destination vibes!

Wotsits.
Yep, I have a very real phobia of Wotsits 😱
I literally can't be near anyone eating them, anyone comes near me with them I run/hide/panic/cry.
If this helps you feel any less unusual (even though it's not the same), I dislike eating Wotsits because they make my teeth feel claustrophobic.

I have a really specific irrational fear of having a car crash while driving long distance / being on holiday and my house is a mess and then imaging my mum having to come and sort out my house and her abiding memory being that I was messy and her feeling that she didn’t bring me up right.

It’s irrational because 1: I’m sure my tidyness level would be the last thing on my grieving mother’s mind, and 2: I could die any time and not just when I go away, but I still can’t get out of the habit of making sure I clean the house top to bottom if I go away (even if I really don’t have time)
I can totally relate. I tidy my house before I go away for similar reasons. I used to be really quite obsessive about it and it used to cause me a lot of anxiety. The idea of people coming in once I was dead and finding a mess was too much. I've got better over the years and it doesn't make me feel the tumoil it used to but I'll still be spending tomorrow cleaning before I go away.

Last edited:

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
People taking bites out of apples. I always have this fear that when theyove the the apple away from their mouth, their teeth will be left in the apple....

• Haha

whisperchat

VIP Member
Being suddenly screamed/shouted at - but I think that comes from childhood trauma.
Leaving windows open at night or when leaving the house
Heavy rain, wind, bad weather in general.
skin, fingers, toes, legs, arms being chopped or sliced off.
whales, sharks, anything big under water, ship wrecks, plane wrecks, submarines, etc.
Spiders or bugs crawling out from plug holes..

I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat who could sit here and list all day lol..

I wake up in the night to check my partner is still breathing, I have a fear of him dying next to me and I can’t save him.
He thinks it’s super weird that I always think about him dying.
are you me? this is exactly what I do

• Heart

GiggleBee

VIP Member
Ive got loads but 1 is the fear of wet hair, even my own. Not on my head but the loose wet hair that gets stuck in brushes down the drain ect, even the thought makes me gag.

Another one is cruise ships in dry dock. I love a cruise and think the ships at sea are stunning, but a ship in dry dock is terrifying.

Silverplume

Sending comforting hugs or hand-holds to everyone. It’s a freaky world out there.

I also bad-dreamed/awoke in a panic about missing school tests and project deadlines until I was well into my 30s. Had tons of real problems and responsibilities, but was apparently still working out my school fears. smh.

MindyLahiri

VIP Member
Bellybuttons. Even typing that has made me feel 🤮
Yes, same - I have at times had panic attacks just from the thought of something happening to mine 😭 i have had nightmares about them aswell. I tried to go to therapy to overcome it but discussing the B word in therapy just made me panic so much I gave up

• Sad
Reactions: 3

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Balloons. Cannot stand them and once passed out after a panic attack when someone was selling them from a whole bunch of helium balloons.

If I get invited to any sort of party, I don't go if balloons are going to be there. The sight of them starts off sweaty hands and rapid breathing.

People dressed as animals. Same as balloons, sweaty hands and panic attacks especially when they head straight for you.

And I check my husband and son are breathing around 4 times a night too and will nudge them if I can't hear or feel anything.

• Heart

JoJo76

VIP Member
I know no one likes bad smells but I have a phobia of them. For example, if I even think something might smell bad I start heaving and often throw up.

under the ivy

VIP Member
Baked beans 😩 I can't be in the same room as someone eating them and I can't walk down the aisle where they are in supermarkets.

Butterflies.

Balloons.

There's a B theme here.

• Haha