Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Eirawen

VIP Member
As a child this was my waking nightmare, but with trains not tubes
I never stood at the edge of the platform I was always by the wall. I once saw a woman in the platform's edge fall when the train arrived so that she was wedged in between the tube train and the platform. Luckily for her a couple of blokes ran forward and pulled her out otherwise she woul probably been dragged under the train. Those guys were total heroes.

• Wow
Reactions: 5

mcfeez

VIP Member
If I leave a glass of water sitting about my (empty) house I get the irrational fear someone has snuck in and spiked it.

ToxicPony

Chatty Member
I get really irrationally anxious whenever I remember that tidal waves exist. I find them terrifying.

Oh and at least once a month I get an anxiety dream where I'm doing my A Levels and haven't revised...I'm 33.

GamerLlama87

Chatty Member
I have trypophobia - the fear of small clusters of holes. Makes my skin crawl to even think about it 😖 Also having to dry wet wooden spoons is a hard nope. Oh god, even thinking about the sensation makes me shudder 😩
Argh you just reminded me how much I hate the feeling of cotton wood buds 🤢🤢 when you pull one out and the dryness of them all rubs together ACKKKK it makes me teeth hurt to think about, honestly 😩😅

A rat biting my arse or my coojie while I'm on the toilet.

Have seen too many stories about people finding rats in their toilet and I'm shit scared of them anyway!

• Haha

BasilRathbon

Centaurs. Imagine being chased by one - not only could it run much faster than you but it could hurl abuse at you while it was doing it!

• Wow
  • Haha

Behelzabobs

VIP Member
The dark
Still as a grown up old adult I hate complete utter darkness
Me and hubby stayed at a Manor House once and the room was so dark I couldn’t even see my hand in front of my face, I had to get up and open the curtains

Sleeping in the house by myself when my husband is away
I’ve never lived alone, I can’t completely relax because of course whatever is outside is waiting for me to let my guard down

Lifts/elevators - hate them, moving metal coffins I live in perpetual fear of being trapped in one of them

Flying and turbulence- after every flight I say that’s it never again ….till the next time 😬

irrational fear - sink holes 🙈

• Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I have an irrational fear of being robbed. I've never been involved in a burglary before so it's not a past trauma but it genuinely causes me sleepless nights. It's driving me nuts. I lie awake all night, heart pounding, convincing myself I can hear people around the house. Sometimes I have to get up and check outside. I won't leave my dog out during the day if I'm not there (in the back garden with all gates padlocked) for fear she will get robbed. If I get in the shower I'm convinced someone will Rob the house whole I'm in there.
Same here. Before I go have a shower when I am home alone I check all the doors, windows, and any unexpected noise causes anxiety. I have never been robbed either.

Funny_bunny

Octopuses. Everything about them. The dopey looking eyes, the suckers, the creepy parrot like beak. The fact they can wriggle through the tiniest hole and very intelligent. Thankfully I’ve never seen one in real life and hopefully I never will.

redstraw16

VIP Member
Seeing Laura Beale trip on a toy, fall down the stairs and die in Eastenders when I was 10 means I’m more careful than the average person going down steps and will have the biggest hissy fit if someone dares to leave anything near the top of them… 🤣

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
Losing my teeth. Particularly my front teeth and even more so of falling over and breaking them/them being smashed out.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
I get so scared I’m gonna be attacked or kidnapped. Even walking in broad daylight, down an empty alley my head is swivelling back and forth looking for anyone who could be lurking in the bushes. I don’t walk anywhere at night, I always get my fiancé or my friends to come with me

JellyDonut

VIP Member
Balloons. I’m terrified of them poppping near my face and then being unpredictable.

horses because they have huge teeth and can kick the shit out of you.

floors where you can see through to what’s Underneath you, like on certain bridges or aquariums, etc. I refuse to walk on them.

falling over and hurting myself in a way that means I can’t move, so I always take my phone everywhere with me. Even if I go in the shower or to the toilet.

that If I see another car or person out late when otherwise it’s really quiet, I automatically think they’ve been involved in some sort of crime so I look at theexact time I see them and make a mental note of the reg number/what they look like

Flojo89

i feel incredibly validated by this!

ceiling collapse (or any kind of collapse in a house) is my greatest fear. i think i said upthread but a colleague was dealing with subsidence caused by a tree when i was moving into my house. i also had a small water leak from the bath the first week i was there and it consumed me for at least the first year i was there. i’m embarrassed to say how long i spent, in the dark, shining the torch of my phone onto the ceiling so i could identify any new cracks 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

my dad eventually made me watch a whole seminar on the construction of houses and how unlikely is but whenever my house makes a house noise i’m like “well, this is it” 🤣
I feel a bit emotional reading this. I really thought I was alone and bonkers. My husband is a builder, he built our extension and loft conversion. I know exactly how houses are constructed, how building regulations and structural engineers ensure that buildings are over engineered to hold weights well above anything you could imagine in a normal household.
None of this info helps when I get a panic attack about it. I start thinking about how the wardrobe in my sons room, full of heavy clothes is right above the most open area of the ground floor. When I get on a plane I panic about how the weight of all suitcases.
It’s so ridiculous and the 5 steps to ground yourself works every time but it’s really amazing to hear that other people have this issue xx

• Heart
I get severe anxiety attacks about collapsing floors. It can be triggered by people jumping around on a slightly bouncy creaky floor or going over a bridge in a heavily loaded car. I have been given numerous talks on how buildings are engineered and how unlikely collapse is but in the midst of an attack it doesn’t help. I find taking baths an ordeal because of it too.

what does help enormously is a trick someone told me that helps ‘ground’ you in reality. You think of 5 things you can see, 4 you can hear, imagine the feel of 3 things, the smell of 2 and by the end your mind has been completely taken away from the panic.
OH MY GOD I have this exact fear about my house falling down i limit my possessions so the house isn’t too heavy an get anxious when my sister brings big suitcases home! I didn’t take a bath for ages for fear of the weight of it too!! Xx

• Heart
  • Sad

LittleMy

VIP Member
Being tickled, I hate it, it makes me physically sick. Especially my feet, if anyone goes near them they'll get yeeted into next month.😬
I’m exactly the same. If you tickle me, be it at your own risk because I will punch you. Cringing just thinking about it. 😬 😣

• Heart

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Not being able to move my legs or arms. If my OH or kids sit on my legs, it causes total panic in me
I kind of have this fear too. I’m always scared that one day I’ll wake up paralysed or in some way I’ll become paralysed…not being able to move and being stuck in my body

• Heart
Reactions: 4