Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Behelzabobs

VIP Member
Lifts/elevators or to my mind moving coffins

I hate them and will always walk up the stairs unless it’s more than 4 flights as I have asthma then I have to use the lift but sweat and panic 😭

Reactions: 3

Hodgies

Chatty Member
Birds but specifically pigeons, chicken and geese. City centre pigeons with their pecking round your feet and flying in your face scare the bejesus out of me. My grandparents had chickens and geese when I was growing up and I used to stay with them during summer holidays. Being sent out to the shed to get my grandpa for lunch terrified me as they all roamed free and you'd get the chickens flocking round your feet and the geese would hiss at you. They also move really fast and aren't afraid to have a go!

I went to a bird garden place with my husband years ago and I was fine with all the ones in enclosures but then there were chickens who were clearly used to being fed by visitors so keep following me. I was in tears trying to get away from them, husband laughed and took pictures 😭 I also went to another bird place a few years back (why!) and I didn't realise they had geese. Out of 7 of us there, I was the only one they went for and tried to eat my trousers 😭😭 Husband was pissing himself obviously!

• Haha

LittleMy

VIP Member
Pigeons for me. I once saw a pigeon fly over a woman's head and its feet got caught in her bun and was flapping all over the place. It was like a horror film.
I’m sorry but I would’ve died laughing if I witnessed that 😂

Would’ve been a different story tho if I was the woman. 😥

Another one for me: moths. I’m terrified of them ever since one got stuck to the back of my jumper when I was about 6 or 7 and my mum locked me out of the house screaming. Traumatised!

• Wow

klarakluckbag

VIP Member
I find the concept of outer space scary - I don't think I can get my head round the back idea of infinity. And it's silent too...

It gives me a weird feeling, like vertigo 🪐😳
My son has this exact same fear, he describes it in the same way as you.

I'm an amateur astronomer, so you can imagine my disappointment in him! 🤣

• Heart

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
Yes, same - I have at times had panic attacks just from the thought of something happening to mine 😭 i have had nightmares about them aswell. I tried to go to therapy to overcome it but discussing the B word in therapy just made me panic so much I gave up
Yes belly buttons too, especially my own. I remember once sunning/dozing in the garden and my eldest popped an m & m in there. I very nearly vomited 🤢.

Heights too, I read once people who are afraid of heights are afraid because they have the irrational urge to jump 🤷‍♀️

LittleLizzy1985

Came here to say this 😳
Quite literally terrified of them. Wet evenings are the worse. You think it's a leaf until you realise it's not.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one, my mum and grandma are also scared of them but I thought it was a weird family thing 🤦🏼‍♀️ they are absolutely horrendous, so slimy and the way they move freaks me out!

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
I'm pleased to hear you were able to get help. Not many people are aware that it's a form of OCD. Some people with it actually drive back and retrace the routes they drove to try and find the person they think they hit and can do that several times a day as well as things that you mention like checking news reports. There are so many different ways OCD can present. It's a shame it's still a relatively 'unknown' condition. It's always linked to the tidyness/germ stuff, which obviously is just as debilitating but isn't the full picture.
I admit I've retraced a route to check I've not left someone in the road. Or obsessively check my mirrors for people following me, because they would stop to help someone. Feel like a lunatic now, this is the first time I've 'spoken' about it.
I definitely show less of this behaviour now I'm on anti depressants.

• Heart

rlouisep9

VIP Member
Ughhh I can’t cope with touching my eyes at all! I had a contact lens lesson once and i spent 45 mins getting the lens near my eye but I just couldn’t do it. The spec savers lady was laughing at me so much, I just couldn’t do it! I had to give up
You're brave for even attempting it 😂 I've worn glasses for over 25 years and it's bad enough having an optician look into my eyes

under the ivy

VIP Member
I don’t like seeing the bottom of boats 😂 do you know what I mean? Like it’s not natural to see the bottom of a boat lmao

• Haha

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Bananas in plastic bags. I always buy them loose, but if they sub them in my shopping I have to leave them for my husband to open, and he has to wash them before I let them be put down. I’ve read stories about deadly spiders in them and just nope nope nope

Rosie glow

VIP Member
Egg shells, I can't eat egg in any form unless I've cracked it in to a bowl and meticulously checked it for shell fragments myself, the slightest fragment in it the whole lot goes down the sink and bowl is washed. My husband sometimes buys the ready made egg mayo sandwich filling and when I used it to make him a sandwich as I spread it the knife hit a huge piece of shell it made me physically 🤮.

klarakluckbag

VIP Member
The way vines clamber and grow up walls, buildings, streetlights, anything it can get its vineage on! HA IS VINEAGE EVEN A WORD?😂When I see them completely encasing someones house and their window, it gives me the creeps!!!
I hate creepy plants, especially those that grow spiral-shaped tendrils that wrap around anything in their way.....urrrgh.

I've got a houseplant that moves after I've watered it. The leaves will suddenly wave around slightly, like they're stretching out after a sleep? It really freaks me out when I see it 😱

• Heart

unidentified

VIP Member
Throwing up. Not a day goes by where I don’t get major anxiety that I could catch an evil virus that could make me sick. Life destroying. Wish I could just be scared of buttons or something.
I’m sharing too much here but I’ve had the most awful stomach bug since Thursday. Desperately wanting to be better again but glad it’s just bottom end and not me being sick. I hate it.

thetis

My mother cursed me with the fear of my scarf getting caught in a car or a bus passing by and me getting dragged behind it for miles. Careful about how you warn your young kids to stay away from the road 😬

Mouseballpenlid

Not always, but if I'm having a period of general anxiety anyway I sometimes get freaked out by the sky. I think the underlying issue is related to fear of being outdoors and exposed, but it comes out as fear of the sky specifically.
When I was little, doing headstands at playtime, I opened my eyes and looked at the sky, and then felt really scared that I might fall into the sky!

Also, I'm scared of windows and mirrors at night when it's dark. The curtains or blinds must be closed, and if I walk past a mirror in the dark I have to run past and not look in case I see something that shouldn't be there.

Oh! And when I go to bed, the drawers and doors must be completely closed, and I don't let my hand fall off the bed - I keep imagining *something* grabbing it 😱

Blowup80

VIP Member
I'm only 5ft 1 and walk in the middle of bridges incas someone picks me up and chucks me over the side! I think about it every time.