Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
Ohh sinkholes!! They creep me out so much.

But thats holes anyway, they really creep me out and make me feel sick and itchy!

Reactions: 7
have always been scared of half human half goats 🤢🤢 mr tumnus ffff off u FREAK

been terrrrrified of moths since a child. was scared of the dark as a child also so i would already be scared and then be attacked by some fluttering flapping bug!!! EW i make some rare old noises if one comes near me

also clusters of h*les - even the word cluster at this point makes my arms itch !!!!! it makes me feel like i'm inside out !!!!! all my nerves exposed !!!

• Haha

Sickofthissh1t

Chatty Member
I have an irrational fear of being robbed. I've never been involved in a burglary before so it's not a past trauma but it genuinely causes me sleepless nights. It's driving me nuts. I lie awake all night, heart pounding, convincing myself I can hear people around the house. Sometimes I have to get up and check outside. I won't leave my dog out during the day if I'm not there (in the back garden with all gates padlocked) for fear she will get robbed. If I get in the shower I'm convinced someone will Rob the house whole I'm in there.

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
I haven't read the whole thread, but I suddenly feel more sane realising I'm not alone with my thoughts. My main ones
- that I've hit someone with my car and not realised
- that the washing machine might spontaneously burst into flames when I'm out of the house
- that I left the hob on (even if I've not used it in hours)
- that my husband is dead next to me in bed (this one possibly comes from a lad I went to school with passing away next to his girlfriend. Very tragic sudden Adult Death syndrome)

• Sad
  • Heart

Rodneytrotter

Chatty Member
I’m petrified of heights and water. But I have an irrational fear that I’m going to throw myself or my belongings off the edge. I live near water and there’s a popular walk around the river, I have to walk pressed against the wall as far away as possible, hold on to my boyfriend and he has to take all of my things off of me, I can’t even have my phone in my pocket.
There’s been times he has taken his own phone out and I’ve been so scared I was gonna bat it out his hand in to the water
I don’t know why I would ever throw anything or myself over but I honestly crawl up inside myself at the thought and urge that I’m going to do it 😬
I get this, they are called intrusive thoughts. I went on a cliff walk once and was worried I'd jump off 😬

• Heart

Rosie glow

VIP Member
Glad I’m not alone! I hear all sorts of weird noises whenever I’m alone and I just freak myself out. Don’t think I could cope living opposite the woods 😂
It is creepy at night and we have creaky floorboards that creak when they feel like it I used to work late shift till 11pm and my hubby hated being in the house alone.
It also doesn't help that our neighbour wears a boiler suite out in the garden alot micheal myers style 😆

• Haha
  • Wow

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Oh and at least once a month I get an anxiety dream where I'm doing my A Levels and haven't revised...I'm 33.
not quite the same but every so often, usually at 2am, i will sit bolt upright in bed and think WHERE ARE MY A-LEVEL CERTIFICATES?!?!

i’m 36, i haven’t needed to show my certificates to anyone for about 15 years, but apparently i have a terrible fear of losing them and needing to produce them for something urgent 🤣

• Haha

LaBlonde

VIP Member
OH MY GOD I have this exact fear about my house falling down i limit my possessions so the house isn’t too heavy an get anxious when my sister brings big suitcases home! I didn’t take a bath for ages for fear of the weight of it too!! Xx
i feel incredibly validated by this!

ceiling collapse (or any kind of collapse in a house) is my greatest fear. i think i said upthread but a colleague was dealing with subsidence caused by a tree when i was moving into my house. i also had a small water leak from the bath the first week i was there and it consumed me for at least the first year i was there. i’m embarrassed to say how long i spent, in the dark, shining the torch of my phone onto the ceiling so i could identify any new cracks 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

my dad eventually made me watch a whole seminar on the construction of houses and how unlikely is but whenever my house makes a house noise i’m like “well, this is it” 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I always have a fear of not waking up when I am trying to go to sleep.

Anyone else here have what I call an "Nth Degree" thought process? What I mean is someone says "so and so is dying", immediately in my mind I've imagined attending their funeral, for example. Or if someone says there's going to be a planned powercut at work next week for 10 mins whilst maintenance crew work on something, I'm immediately thinking that the whole day's task list is going to be ruined.

How I see it is someone presents me with information and it's like my brain can't help but imagine the "Nth Degree" or worst case scenario. Is this flight or fight kicking in? Is it me trying to prepare for the worst, all the time? Surely it can't just be me.

Lord Voldemort

Wotsits.
Yep, I have a very real phobia of Wotsits 😱
I literally can't be near anyone eating them, anyone comes near me with them I run/hide/panic/cry.

• Haha

Sally1993

Chatty Member
I get this, they are called intrusive thoughts. I went on a cliff walk once and was worried I'd jump off 😬
I used to get a thought (I would NEVER do it) about opening the car door whilst on the motorway, or pulling the hand break up whilst driving along.. it felt like an impulsion which was so scary to even think about but there’s something that takes your mind to it. It’s like when someone says “don’t press the big red button” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Thetruth123

VIP Member
Small holes ….As I’m getting older it’s getting worse it’s spoilt things like crumpets for me now …the look of anything with small holes makes me want to puke and puts me on edge!!
I know where I hit it when I was in senior school a fake picture went round of a woman’s boob with loads of small holes saying flies laid eggs in it!!!!!!

got me ever since 🤢🤢🤢😢😢😢

• Sad

digsydelilah

Chatty Member
My heart goes out to those of you who struggle with intrusive thoughts. ❤ I've always had an overactive mind and been very visual from a young age but I started having absurd or scary thoughts post-menopause. I suffer from mild anxiety as well but I suppose I have an irrational fear of HRT or anxiety meds as I don't want to possibly feel unlike myself. I have coping mechanisms that usually help with the thoughts.

I have a fear of sudden impact: being in a car crash (I've experienced two as a passenger) or hitting my head.

My most irrational fear is probably june bugs. Someone mentioned whales being too big, well, june bugs are definitely too big to function. 😄 I had a nightmare of a summer with them getting into an air conditioner and trying to make their way into my apartment through tape and cardboard I had around the a/c. They're huge, slow, drunken fliers, eurgh. I'm practically a Buddhist so would never end one's life but I'm always relieved when their zombie season is over.

• Heart
I get so scared I’m gonna be attacked or kidnapped. Even walking in broad daylight, down an empty alley my head is swivelling back and forth looking for anyone who could be lurking in the bushes. I don’t walk anywhere at night, I always get my fiancé or my friends to come with me
I really wish this was irrational but unfortunately in this world it's a actually super rational and makes total sense to be so afraid 💞 I completely understand, I've had some scary moments!

• Heart

HelloStereo

VIP Member
Someone opening the door while I'm on a public toilet. I always give it a little push/pull to check it's locked even though I just locked it 😄
I had this once. I actually locked the door and someone tried to open it but obviously it didn't open. She then went to get a member of staff who had the key and he unlocked the door whilst I was sitting on the loo 😳😳. It was in Starbucks where they just have the single cubicles so I think the member of staff just thought he hadn't unlocked it that day.

So not to make your fear any worse, but sometimes ensuring you have locked the door isn't enough if a staff member comes over with a key!

• Haha
  • Wow

Flojo89

Swimming in deep water, the water being deep enough that you can only see darkness beneath you - I love it but I'm scared of it at the same time.
It takes me a while to get the confidence to go deep into the sea but once I do I love it. I don’t think it’s irrational to be scared though, the seas and oceans are dangerous but the joy of it outweighs the fear for me.

My fear and respect for the ocean came after I went knee deep into the sea at a remotish beach on the west coast of Mexico. We were warned by the guide very loosely)that you must be a competent swimmer (I was a very good swimmer at the time). I had never experienced waves that came in hard but sucked you back in even harder. I was knocked off my feet and dragged back into the sea and couldn’t find my footing to get up and back to shore, there was no one within shouting distance to help as they were sitting on the beach. I cannot describe the terror I felt but I managed to desperately sort myself out. My swimming skills were not of any use whatsoever.

Since then I have an entirely rational fear of large bodies of water that don’t have lifeguards and people checking the conditions on a regular basis.

• Heart
  • Wow
I feel a bit emotional reading this. I really thought I was alone and bonkers. My husband is a builder, he built our extension and loft conversion. I know exactly how houses are constructed, how building regulations and structural engineers ensure that buildings are over engineered to hold weights well above anything you could imagine in a normal household.
None of this info helps when I get a panic attack about it. I start thinking about how the wardrobe in my sons room, full of heavy clothes is right above the most open area of the ground floor. When I get on a plane I panic about how the weight of all suitcases.
It’s so ridiculous and the 5 steps to ground yourself works every time but it’s really amazing to hear that other people have this issue xx
My goodness I never knew anyone else would have this too. I’m so glad I replied saying I have the same thing. I suffer from anxiety and intrusive thoughts and thought no one would ever have this same fear! Ive worried my bed is too heavy and considered swapping it to a lighter one, made my sister do clear outs as she hoards a lot and I feel her room will fall out 😂 I will refuse new furniture because it’s too heavy for upstairs , loads more and if someone jumps upstairs or drops a heavy thing omg I get really irritated at them and tell them to stop stop the house will fall down !!! Tbh this is the least of my crazy weird things as I said I do suffer with my mental health but wow! Fellow friends xxxx crazy what we as women struggle with alone thinking we are just weird and if we all stopped putting on a normal happy front we would realise we all do struggle in some similar ways xxx I never realised anyone had intrusive thoughts till I realised what I was having and starting googling it ❤ Love you all xxx

• Heart

Donnavanessa

VIP Member
Cooked eggs with soft runny yolks make me want to 🤮. I hate eggs and never eat them myself but when my family have fried or poached eggs I have to go into another room! Don’t get me started on the Insta diet huns who show videos of them cutting into their brekkie and the yolk oozing out!! Urgggggh!!!

• Sick

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
After an episode of Don’t forget your toothbrush which was hosted by Chris Evans (years ago). They planted a hidden camera on the back of a girls toilet for a week and played some footage back to her. I thought about it every single time I sat on the loo for about 3 years after. Checking for cameras 🤣
Omg the episode on X Files of something coming up the toilet did the same for me for ages 😂

• Haha