Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #4 "Ancestral" Woman

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's rude, entitled and annoying. Rachel is raising that child to be an absolute nightmare.

Also, this might be my paranoia around security, but a 6 year old child with so little sense of caution is a walking danger. What if next time she sits in someone's picnic blanket it's a pedophile? What if next time she joins a group, they kidnap her?

As a mother Rachel should be teaching Lea to be confident, yes, but also cautious.

Sure, Sweden is relatively safe but bad people can be anywhere.
Safe? Sweden has gone downhill

Attachments

While I agree that the situation in Sweden has changed lastly in the past years, those numbers you post are slightly questionable. How many rapes you believe were reported in 1975 vs. the rapes that actually happened? Luckily we have gone a long way in 2023 and more rape cases see the light of day while back in 1975 a lot of women didn't report it at all or didn't believe it was rape as it happened within a relationship. I bet the statistics of number of rapes (or domestic violence) look much higher in many western countries nowadays than 50 years ago.

Reactions: 3
Who was the doctor? Was this something to do with mold?
---
It was "Doctor" Will Cole. Not an actual MD. He claims to be a "functional medicine expert", his actual qualifications are "doctor of Natural Medicine" and "Doctor of Chiropractic." He dispenses medical advice as if he indeed had an MD though.

Nonsense like, he told Rachel she couldn't eat any fruit because it aided the mold toxicity in her body. He supposedly gave her a "protocol" to heal from the mold. It included nonsense like that, a bunch of expensive powders and pills.
---
First of all, I clearly said relatively safe. It is comparatively safer than basically most of the world.

Second of all, those statistics look bad from the get fo. From the underreporting in 1975 already mentioned by @pumpkin87 to the way they lump together four years to compare one year in an obvious bid to sensationalize statistics. It could also we'll be that the legal codification of rape changed. In some countries, up until very recently you couldn't be raped by your husband or partner, for example. Numbers can say whatever the hell you want them to say if you manipulate them enough.

Reactions: 7
A couple of notes on last weeks pod:

-She ranted about the concept of a due date for 15 minutes, somehow talking about it for that long without really giving any useful information about why she hates it so much, but also at the same time giving advice to not give it a lot of weight. 🙄

-I think she found her farm witch hand who is also good with children. It’s Dennis! 🤣 She was talking about how exhausted he was because he was doing all her projects for her and all “the farm stuff”. From what I can tell this must involve mostly just supervising her hired help, ‘cause it doesn’t seem like they do a whole lot of the manual labor on the projects themselves currently. She says he isn’t as happy as her and Leah right now ‘cause he is doing all the things and is exhausted. She however is soooo happy right now. She seems super happy to be doing nothing and have Dennis do everything. Not that she should be doing much right now, but I feel like she would love that to be the case all the time.

-She mentioned having some issues with people in her life the last two weeks and had to set some firmer boundaries. Kinda sounded like she had to cut a person or persons loose again, like she did with her mom a while back. She was vague about the problems other than saying something like they were violating her boundaries. Didn’t sound like it was her dad or brother. I am assuming it would be her mom and/or sisters and friends who were expressing concerns over her pregnancy and birth plans?

-And then the last 15 minutes she spent on the guru-ification of Lea, as a previous poster detailed (Lea running around and barging in on on other people’s activities in a park while her and Dennis and her brother were sitting in a restaurant and marveling at her from there). Rachel thought that all was super evolved, but to me it sounded super cringe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I think she went into labour, it has been too quiet..
She did, yeah, according to her it was 11 hours but little sun is there. She included a photo of her bloodied feet. I really don't get this woman.

Glad everything went fine for the baby but she'll never shut up now.

Reactions: 5
She did, yeah, according to her it was 11 hours but little sun is there. She included a photo of her bloodied feet. I really don't get this woman.

I went through the photos and genuinely thought aww that’s lovely, glad everything went ok. Then, the bloodied foot, what was the point??? Women bleed while giving birth?

I wonder why posting it immediately on social media. I bet she couldn't wait. Many influencers I follow are just quiet for a week or often even more to enjoy the precious moment. Im glad it was born healthy and all went well tho :)! I wish them the best.

Reactions: 2

Came here to say the exact same. Watch her spiral and openly become anti vax now. It’s good for engagement anyway!

Reactions: 1
of course she had to say that the umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and entire body to create the controversy she craves for, AND to tell everyone how save it is to DIY… how did she unwrap that cord is probably going to be the topic she will be talking about foreverrrrrrrrr… don’t believe for a second it was only family…

Reactions: 5
of course she had to say that the umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and entire body to create the controversy she craves for, AND to tell everyone how save it is to DIY… how did she unwrap that cord is probably going to be the topic she will be talking about foreverrrrrrrrr… don’t believe for a second it was only family…
Yes this can actually cause harm to a baby. Im happy that it all went well but its a risk.

To be honest, I don’t believe a word she’s spouting out.
Anybody can put on a photo of anything they want to or say anything they want without any proof to mislead some brain dead followers.

I am very glad it went well and they both are ok. At least she looks genuinely happy and I didn’t find her smiles in the photos to be smug at all. It’s been a while since her page has been free of obnoxious, smug smiles. And Lea doesn’t look traumatized in the photo. But the bloody foot photo = yuck.

But yes, some of the content to follow will be insufferable. The birth story, her reckless advocating for wild pregnancy and free birth, etc.

The first picture has a disclaimer now. Can anybody explain why they wash the baby but leave the cord and placenta "on"? Is this a thing?

The first picture has a disclaimer now. Can anybody explain why they wash the baby but leave the cord and placenta "on"? Is this a thing?
They let the placenta continue to give the baby nutrients until it dries up and comes away by itself. It's called a Lotus birth and basically means you have a dying smelly placenta with you for a few days. Although on the plus side it means you literally cant get up and walk around so you can just lie there and bond with baby.

I am so relieved the baby is safe and seems well. I still refuse to believe she didnt have a midwife/doula there though.

• Wow
She will never tell how it really went and will change the story a few times in the following years. 🤷‍♀️

They let the placenta continue to give the baby nutrients until it dries up and comes away by itself. It's called a Lotus birth and basically means you have a dying smelly placenta with you for a few days. Although on the plus side it means you literally cant get up and walk around so you can just lie there and bond with baby.

I am so relieved the baby is safe and seems well. I still refuse to believe she didnt have a midwife/doula there though.
Actually also something thats medically not adviced and can pose infection risks, but as its not medically recommended she probs does it 🫠

She's just the luckiest woman. Everything in her life just works out perfectly for her. Guess it's a mix of luck, white privilege, and money but still.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.