Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #3 Conversations from the Ego

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can totally imagine it. Rachel offering a job where you work all day, take care of the dogs and her children too and the only payment is free living in one of her old molded houses.
Not even a house, but a converted stable/barn. But you guuuyyyys, it is insulated for heat and has a chimney for a wood burning stove. 🤣

Reactions: 1
Omg I feel bad for anyone that decides to take that job and becomes Rachel’s new witch. Why would a farm hand need to be good with children???? She clearly wants someone to do everything for her for no pay

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Omg I feel bad for anyone that decides to take that job and becomes Rachel’s new witch. Why would a farm hand need to be good with children???? She clearly wants someone to do everything for her for no pay
Yep, she probably will set up one of those "work stay" situations in which young people can travel the world by working for lodging and basic food in different places for a few weeks.

On a different note, whenever Rachel tries to speak medicine or anything, it becomes so obvious that she's an uneducated, ignorant person.

No, Rachel. No one said natural immunity didn't exist. What experts said was that trying to bring about herd immunity by letting people get covid freely, without vaccines, and therefore with likely worse side effects and even long term consequences was not the way to go in a civilized society. That it would cost thousands their lives. Kind of like here in the US where it's now become normalized to continue to have thousands of covid deaths per week.

As always, her white, rich, western, able bodied privilege is showing. She doesn't vaccinate her kid (said so in the Q&A in the most cowardly way ever), she doesn't believe in protecting those at risk from covid. She doesn't understand that every single one of us able bodied, relatively healthy, individuals are one flu or cold away from becoming disabled. Because she's an idiot.

Sorry for the rant. I just hate how much disinformation she spreads.

ETA: it's so ironic how little Miss Always Talking US politics and pretending to be super woke is now putting her trust on the WSJ, aka the preferred news outlet of cultured republicans. She's just a joke. An ignorant, stupid joke.
---
Sorry. More from me but Good grief, she keeps going.

Mother Nature. "Mother Nature". If we allowed mother nature to rule then our life expectancy would be like 30 years old. Rachel, you'd be dead. You'd have died from your appendicitis.

I have a friend who got mononucleosis in college. It triggered a bad response in her, she developed M.E. She's 33 but has the energy of an 80 year old. She can't work out or she gets awful muscle spasms. A walk in the park for her can be like a rock climbing session for us. Her mind gets foggy. Not everyone is lucky. Mother Nature isn't always motherly. None of us like thinking about how very fragile we are but that's why we need to be responsible and care for our community to mitigate the risks. We didn't get to 70ish years of life expectancy by letting Mother Nature take the wheel.

Rachel might be the dumbest, most infuriating influencer I know of and that's saying something considering I also know of Niomi Smart and Tanya Burr and Zoe Sugg.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Yep, she probably will set up one of those "work stay" situations in which young people can travel the world by working for lodging and basic food in different places for a few weeks.

On a different note, whenever Rachel tries to speak medicine or anything, it becomes so obvious that she's an uneducated, ignorant person.

No, Rachel. No one said natural immunity didn't exist. What experts said was that trying to bring about herd immunity by letting people get covid freely, without vaccines, and therefore with likely worse side effects and even long term consequences was not the way to go in a civilized society. That it would cost thousands their lives. Kind of like here in the US where it's now become normalized to continue to have thousands of covid deaths per week.

As always, her white, rich, western, able bodied privilege is showing. She doesn't vaccinate her kid (said so in the Q&A in the most cowardly way ever), she doesn't believe in protecting those at risk from covid. She doesn't understand that every single one of us able bodied, relatively healthy, individuals are one flu or cold away from becoming disabled. Because she's an idiot.

ETA: it's so ironic how little Miss Always Talking US politics and pretending to be super woke is now putting her trust on the WSJ, aka the preferred news outlet of cultured republicans. She's just a joke. An ignorant, stupid joke.
---

Mother Nature. "Mother Nature". If we allowed mother nature to rule then our life expectancy would be like 30 years old. Rachel, you'd be dead. You'd have died from your appendicitis.

I have a friend who got mononucleosis in college. It triggered a bad response in her, she developed M.E. She's 33 but has the energy of an 80 year old. She can't work out or she gets awful muscle spasms. A walk in the park for her can be like a rock climbing session for us. Her mind gets foggy. Not everyone is lucky. Mother Nature isn't always motherly. None of us like thinking about how very fragile we are but that's why we need to be responsible and care for our community to mitigate the risks. We didn't get to 70ish years of life expectancy by letting Mother Nature take the wheel.

Rachel might be the dumbest, most infuriating influencer I know of and that's saying something considering I also know of Niomi Smart and Tanya Burr and Zoe Sugg.
These posts of hers are absolutely infuriating and irresponsible. She’s sooo smug/arrogant.. and acting as if she’s above the rest of us because she knew this all along about “Mother Nature” and we’re just catching up now 🤣.. Oh thank you Rachel, most intelligent one 🙏. If you’re reading this, please know you’re a dumbass and embarrassing yourself babe x

also hate how she completely PRETENDS to consider all perspectives all the time ie. when discussing her privilege yesterday in her q&a and mentioned her being able-bodied is a privilege etc. Yet.. she clearly hasn’t considered what able bodied privilege really means if she’s spouting this utter shite. Please cancel this c-word.

Reactions: 6

---

Thank you!! Her absolutely ableist “Mother Nature knows best” privileged BS post just pushed me over the edge. For a person who has spent their entire life “serving and doing the work” her ignorance, self righteousness and white privilege is obscene.

Actually, I wrote a wholeeeee essay on period trackers last week 🤣 and how it essentially causes disempowerment for women as its often exclusive in its rhetoric, incorrect in accuracy of predictions and women give consent for trade of very intimate data. Loads of research done to it.I now use one that doesn’t sell any data! 😂🙋🏻‍♀️
Oh god it is pretty intimate data when you're telling it you're horny and what your discharge style is 🤣Tell me more, which one should I use! I have actually found mine pretty useful In terms of matching symptoms with predictions etc xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Rachel: Our grandmothers knew about mother nature.
My grandmother knew how horrible polio was and was reliefed and thankful for a vaccination to fight this horrible illness which mostly killed children.
In nowadays there is no polio anymore because of the vaccinations.
She can do what she wants but she might influence people with her BS.
Is her hole family so lost? Does nobody intervene?

Reactions: 7
It is hilarious that yesterday she was going on and on about her able bodied privilege and made everyone else sound stupid by saying something like “I find people understand privilege best when I explain it in these simple terms ❤” and then today once again completely misses the point by basically saying vaccines are unnecessary against covid and we should all use our natural immunity against them. Hey rach, your able bodied privilege is showing. Do we need to explain it to you in simpler terms? What about people with underlying health conditions or compromised immune systems? Do their lives not matter? It’s hilarious just how deeply she doesn’t actually get it… you can’t make this tit up 😂

Reactions: 11
Her lecture on privilege? What?! Does she acknowledge anywhere at all her financial privilege, not just from YG from being born a rich kid in a rich family with a rich lifestyle.

And now she’s no vaccines? So COVID vaccine bad, but too bad she already vaccinated Lea. I call BS, she’s acknowledged before the benefits of vaccines and the privacy around them, so why not just shut up and keep that private? She does show her stupidity every single time she shares anything medical. It’s like someone sharing a clip of a larger story, sure Rachel natural immunity….BUT

Reactions: 3
I'm assuming she's counting on people having forgotten that she was skewering Sweden's initial response to covid by not having lockdowns? Or perhaps this was before she remembered what "natural immunity" is herself?

We all knew it was only a matter of time before she went full-blown right wing conspiracy theorist. The signs have been coming.

Because she's conveniently trying to rewrite the narrative around covid vaccines- as QueenBW pointed out, no immunologist was denying the body's immune system. They simply proved that you were more likely to have a good outcome after your initial exposure to covid if you were not immunologically naive. Aka if your body was already familiar with how to deal with the virus from the controlled setting of the vaccine (since the vax doesn't contain the virus itself).

People spewing absolute nonsense with the air of revelatory smugness is truly one of my biggest pet peeves.

Wish I could make Rachel see this post.

All of her "enlightenment" and "one-ness with the universe" and "spirituality" is worthless because it's only about her. She does nothing for others, ever. Not for free.

She's an actual nightmare.

Attachments

• Heart
I’m so perplexed by what she has become. I actually used to quite like her and she seemed to hold fairly reasonable views around social issues and science. What on earth happened?
---
Yeah why the f would you share such an intimate emotional moment. Imagine everyone feeling sad and grieving, and Rachel taking her phone out to take a pic..
I don’t think it’s unreasonable to take a picture, but if I’d strange to share it.

I don't think she's actually an anti-vaxxer, based on her past stances on vaccines, Covid, masks etc. I think she's currently trying to appeal to the super-crunchy anti-vax demographic. Perhaps she thinks that's the market that will pay to watch you plant a seed and light a candle?

• Haha
For someone who is “doing away with labels” and “no longer shaming or judging” etc. She is obsessed with being anti-vegan now, to a point where it makes her look like she isn’t all that grounded in her choices. Why this incessant barrage of anti-vegan nonsense? It’s somewhat uncomfortable to see, not because it challenges any kind of status quo as she thinks, it’s just sad.
So is this what a day working at home is? Doctor Google and sharing viral nonsense?
I know this is an old post, but gosh, I agree. I’ve been mostly plant based since I was 12 and I’m now 36. I’ve had periods of being more flexible for various reasons— currently I eat eggs because I’m pregnant with Hyperemesis gravidarum and have so few foods I can stomach. When I’m ready, I’ll go back to being more strict, because for me trying my best to avoid animal products over a majority of my lifetime feels like the right thing to do. But I don’t need to jump up and down and militantly judge others for their choices and honestly I feel that is a big part of why I’ve been able to sustain being plant based for such a long time. I’ve noticed that the “vegans” like Rachel who convert and become fervently self-righteous are frequently the ones who then swing in the other direction and become born again advocates for the meat industry, taking every chance to demonise veganism. I think they feel the need to justify their choices by vilifying. People who are able to cut themselves and others some slack and appreciate nuance don’t need to do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I dont care what any of y'all say--- she never had the covid vax guaranteed. She prob faked the paper document, I know people who did.

She might of gotten Lea one or two TOPS-- childhood vaccines, but that b*tch is anti-medicine.

She's scared of her wifi and her puffer.

But she kept quiet on it because it's not in vogue to go against it (UNTIL NOW apparently as the world looks back)----- and she's a coward.

JMO

I dont care what any of y'all say--- she never had the covid vax guaranteed. She prob faked the paper document, I know people who did.

She might of gotten Lea one or two TOPS-- childhood vaccines, but that b*tch is anti-medicine.

She's scared of her wifi and her puffer.

But she kept quiet on it because it's not in vogue to go against it (UNTIL NOW apparently as the world looks back)----- and she's a coward.

JMO
Yeah, she said back in the day she was only giving Lea a couple of the big vaccines and that it had been a really tough decision to make. She derided the covid vaccines and then went to Sweden and was all "look at how beautiful, no one wears masks, no one isolates!" Totally disregarding the toll the approach had on the elderly and disabled. Yeah, she went to LA but she could have faked the vaccination proof or faked a medical exemption.

And now in the Q&A she was all "take a wild guess" when asked if she was anti-vax. She is. She totally is. I mean, she's the idiot who claims to be in lots of pelvic pain but refuses to see an actual doctor, preferring to take herbal teas and baths.

I’m not exactly a chef extraordinaire, but I have known how to make bone broth for years (and I don’t even eat it). I wasn’t aware a book was needed, not that it’s a bad thing but I notice she always finds these “discoveries” that are basically trends she thinks she’s shedding new light on. Bone broth did have a trendy moment, but it’s simple, it’s been around ages, my grandma made it. Lol ancestral YG needs a book, or maybe she’s getting Amazon sales commissions now who knows.

Also besides the obvious that Dennis has to ask what to feed his own child, how has she left behind all supplements if she is adding collagen to her kids oatmeal? A five year old child does not need collagen, she is such a health trend advocate I can’t handle it sometimes, you can tell what kick she is on simply by the word she uses constantly, right now it’s “nourishment.” Next up, “sacredicplicitcratral”?????

Attachments

Some days I feel mean for pointing it out. But you know what, this woman shits on so many people, that we have that same right too. Namaste. The bone broth is not the fountain of youth she claims. God damn.
God damn is right. She has the skin of a 50+ woman. Compare this to her recent skincare ad. Filter much, Rachel? She’s so aUthEnTic.

p.s. There are actual skin care products that could improve her skin. This one doesn’t seem to be doing anything, if she is actually using it.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.