Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #3 Conversations from the Ego

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s steak and chips love.

And you missed out on the veg and peppercorn sauce.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I haven't looked at her page in ages but it popped up the other day. I immediately came here for all the updates :) better reading your funny comments than her nonsense firsthand.

And her diet is shocking. This woman does not understand the concept of balance. I've consumed animal products all my life and I would feel unwell after eating how she does. It makes no sense how a body could handle it after being vegan for so long.

It again comes to her kid she could have chosen to have Lea eat a balanced diet with some animal protein but is instead dragging this child from one extreme to the next with her. And none of those extremes are healthy for a developing body. Like they have enough resources that Leas diet can include all vitamins etc without constant supplements. Collagen, green, protein powders aren't designed for todlers. The text above where she says oatmeal didn't agree with Lea because of veganism is batshit crazy. So what if Rachel didn't decide to change her diet for her reasons she would just have her toddler have severe food allergies, without addressing any possible causes.

And I can't imagine how powerless Dennis is (he is not a victim by any means like he chose this person and this life) but constantly texting your partner to check how to take care of their child, because if he does anything else Rachel is gonna loose her mind (there was a similar text once when she was flying to la and she like gave him a step by step how to make tea or something)

And having no medical professionals there for the birth but have a 6 year old present. And her argument was "me and Lea watch alot of birthing videos". Like all of this is so inappropriate (also whose birthing videos? Like humans or animals). She's showing this kid movies that are too grown up for her, and then some niche birthing content. It seems YG treats Lea like a child only when there is social media benefit. All the other times Lea is one of her girlfirnes to hang out with.

And I understand that it's her pregnancy and her buisness. But it's odd that considering that during Leas birth she needed unexpected medical help. She wouldn't want to be more prepared and informed this time. Instead she's gone in a polar opposite direction.

Reactions: 8
In her mind the “help” she got last birth is now traumatic and went against her wishes and yada yada yada. She no longer shares that as a beautiful birth story which is sad. I have zero doubt that she’ll have medical intervention on call if she needs, because it’s her privilege to live in a country with great maternity care, but tit all over it until she needs it, oh and she’ll take the maternity leave. Very ancestral. 😬

• Haha
If she ends up using medical care, do you think she is somehow gonna spin it to be how great Sweden is and Aruba is not?

If she ends up using medical care, do you think she is somehow gonna spin it to be how great Sweden is and Aruba is not?
No doubt. She spins everything. She is a great storyteller. Although most of the stories just now are so boring. Also many eye rolls during the podcast about her friend giving birth in the bath and being such a queen etc.

She lives in a bubble and has no clue about real life anymore.

I notice her new house (or one of them) is all white carpet, white sofas, white cushions, throws etc. how very practical when you have pets, a new baby on the way and about to start a farm.

Reactions: 2
On instagram stories today Denis looks thrilled to be on the podcast 🤣

I actually like him on the podcasts- wish he would do one of his own. With his own voice. About being away from his own ancestral home, being bullied into being a vegan, and how she never believed in his dreams of the house in Aruba (things she has talked about).

Wow, Rachel shared some post from Brianna Madia and how this woman hired a forensic investigator to go after "the bullies" that led her to feel suicidal. And then she went an named them online, "outing them". Mind, these people were on Reddit. They largely, from what I gathered, weren't commenting on her actual socials. So she had to go out of her way to find them. Is this bullying? I'm not a lawyer but it feels like a stretch. She then goes on to say that even upvoting a mean comment is bullying.

Rachel is all "yes, this, I've been so bullied." And look, if people are DMing them awful stuff, absolutely constitutes bullying. But there's something called freedom of speech and going on a forum and saying X person is vile, is not the same thing.

Influencers trying to be the victims. Sigh.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Wow, Rachel shared some post from Brianna Madia and how this woman hired a forensic investigator to go after "the bullies" that led her to feel suicidal. And then she went an named them online, "outing them". Mind, these people were on Reddit. They largely, from what I gathered, weren't commenting on her actual socials. So she had to go out of her way to find them. Is this bullying? I'm not a lawyer but it feels like a stretch. She then goes on to say that even upvoting a mean comment is bullying.

Rachel is all "yes, this, I've been so bullied." And look, if people are DMing them awful stuff, absolutely constitutes bullying. But there's something called freedom of speech and going on a forum and saying X person is vile, is not the same thing.

Is there nowhere one can express their displeasure with Rachel or disagreement with her ideas? Certainly not on her IG page where she will block you if you dare disagree with her. She puts herself and her opinions out there. People have a right to comment.

Last edited:
Some days I feel mean for pointing it out. But you know what, this woman shits on so many people, that we have that same right too. Namaste. The bone broth is not the fountain of youth she claims. God damn.
she looks absolutely shocking for her age!
If I didn’t know, I would have thought she was between 45- 50 years old.
This what happens when someone is so hateful and unauthentic.

Reactions: 1
Is there nowhere one can express their displeasure with Rachel or disagreement with her ideas? Certainly not on her IG page where she will block you if you dare disagree with her. She puts herself and her opinions out there. People have a right to comment.
Absolutely! I watched the 38 min video. Maybe there are other threads on Reddit or something about Rachel, but what happened to Brianna seems extreme. Here is a forum for people to express an opinion.

I also had a look at Brianna’s IG page and it looked quite interesting. Also looks like she puts effort into her stories (the captions). And was being somewhat authentic about things. Although I have no idea who the woman is.

Reactions: 1

Oh the irony.

She shared a posts before on her stories saying once--I think it was something to do with politics in the US, she said if you agree with this go "f*cking die", her whole identity is bullying as an "activist". Must suck she can't have control of people genuinely pointing out her online bullying rhetoric.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Absolutely! I watched the 38 min video. Maybe there are other threads on Reddit or something about Rachel, but what happened to Brianna seems extreme. Here is a forum for people to express an opinion.

I also had a look at Brianna’s IG page and it looked quite interesting. Also looks like she puts effort into her stories (the captions). And was being somewhat authentic about things. Although I have no idea who the woman is.
No idea who she is, but what happened to her, do you know?

I honestly didn't have the time or energy to watch 38 minutes of a woman I don't know but I skimmed through it and the posts I saw she used as example were pretty normal in that yes, they used bad words/insults but no one was saying they'd go kill her or anything that constitutes a direct threat. Did she mention receiving actual personal threats or something?

It seems weird to go out of your way to find "hate posts". Not to mention, if there was any merit to her method, celebrities would be doing it but no, they don't unless someone is actually posing a direct threat. It seems like she's the one bullying people by disclosing their private identities, especially since we have to trust her and her investigator that they're actually correct. Imagine getting a case of mistaken identity.

Since Rachel thrives on drama, I wonder if she'll start doing this

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I honestly didn't have the time or energy to watch 38 minutes of a woman I don't know but I skimmed through it and the posts I saw she used as example were pretty normal in that yes, they used bad words/insults but no one was saying they'd go kill her or anything that constitutes a direct threat. Did she mention receiving actual personal threats or something?

It seems weird to go out of your way to find "hate posts". Not to mention, if there was any merit to her method, celebrities would be doing it but no, they don't unless someone is actually posing a direct threat. It seems like she's the one bullying people by disclosing their private identities, especially since we have to trust her and her investigator that they're actually correct. Imagine getting a case of mistaken identity.

Since Rachel thrives on drama, I wonder if she'll start doing this
What is she gonna do? Say:

"LOOK EVERYONE, ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE POINTING OUT MY HORRIBLE BEHAVIOUR OF MY VERY PUBLICLIZED LIFE/BUSINESS MODEL FOR MASS CONSUMPTION, MY DARLINGS CAN YOU BELIEVE A MOM FROM IDAHO WOULD CALL ME AN ARROGANT ASS, HOW DO THEY SLEEP CRITISIZING ME, THE CHOSEN ONE, A GURU-- SUCH AS MYSELF??, I FOUND OUT SOMEONE IN THE U.S THINKS I'M A B*TCH, MY DARLINGS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO HARASS, AND REALLY INTIMIDATE THEM ON MY BEHALF."

Yawn.

She loves to dox people and perpetuate a victim narrative. This might be her next pet project.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
What is she gonna do? Say:

"LOOK EVERYONE, ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE POINTING OUT MY HORRIBLE BEHAVIOUR OF MY VERY PUBLICLIZED LIFE/BUSINESS MODEL FOR MASS CONSUMPTION, MY DARLINGS CAN YOU BELIEVE A MOM FROM IDAHO WOULD CALL ME AN ARROGANT ASS, HOW DO THEY SLEEP CRITISIZING ME, THE CHOSEN ONE, A GURU-- SUCH AS MYSELF??, I FOUND OUT SOMEONE IN THE U.S THINKS I'M A B*TCH, MY DARLINGS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO HARASS, AND REALLY INTIMIDATE THEM ON MY BEHALF."

Yawn.

She loves to dox people and perpetuate a victim narrative. This might be her next pet project.
That's basically what that lady is doing while getting praise from her sycophants and Rachel. So I could totally see Rach doing just that 🙃

It's so funny how they can say whatever they want and be as mean as they want, mocking followers, etc. But the second it's done to them, it's bullying.

Like, maybe Dennis could sue Rachel for bullying him into veganism 😜

• Haha
I questioned in myself how moral it was when I come on here having a moan and a gossip.
But tbh it's the same as sitting watching trash TV with friends and poking fun at the crazy characters on there. Is that bullying? Nah.

She is in the public eye an this is part of the package unfortunately. Tbh as humans it's part of the package of being social beings, work collegeues, acquaintances, even partners and family members witch about each other. She just has more people bitching because more people have come across her. And she's particularly annoying lol 😅

I remember a philosopher saying its actually an important part of the human psyche to dig down and gossip about people's nasty behaviours, because it is how we access our own moral compass and realise what we don't want to be like. I have honestly used her as a way to look into myself as how I would not want to be. If we are allowed to adore we are also allowed to feel the ick.
Because yoga, wellness, growing my own crops and creating tinctures etc I love. So really she should be someone I look up to. But then I discuss and read about her tit behaviours and I think, oh yeah these attributes of selfishness and narrow mindedness etc etc keep me on a path that is actually trying to be more and more down to earth and not a big headed naracassist

Also I'd rather be a witch than a deluded guru queeeens 💅

• Heart
@Pepperpotpot well said! And that's why Tattle has rules about keeping the tattling on here, not DMing the influencers, not leaving nasty comments.

Also, this thread is pretty good at remaining objective. No one here seems to bring on hate, but actual valid criticism. Sure sometimes I can get a little shallow and comment on Rachel's terribly aged skin, but it's connected to the fact that she's an influencer shilling products and her lifestyle to us. Like, it's fair game to say she looks very old for her age when she's trying to sell you antioxidant powders and skin care and a whole way of life (fun fact, I wrote lie at first haha). And you can see those things are not even working for her.

And yeah, she puts everything out online, she has to know not everyone will find her magical and perfect. Just like in real life we all know not everyone likes us. And some people might gossip behind our backs.

No idea who she is, but what happened to her, do you know?
Something about a Reddit or subreddit thread starting after a gofundme (GFM) was set up by a friend of hers after her dog was ran over and needed surgery. Turns out it was her ex who ran over the dog. She came clean and offered to refund any money to anyone. And out of like hundred’s of donations only a handful wanted refunds.

Then she got trolled by people who didn’t donate wanting refunds. People made loads of fake account and accounts about her, contacted her sponsors with lies. She lost sponsors which she relied on as an influencer.

She makes comments about people thinking she was still living off the GFM money raised.

She met a random woman in a tattoo shop (I think) and they became close friends. But the woman was on the thread and shared personal things.

She checked into an Airbnb & people found out where and sent the owners messages saying she was partying and drug taking.

Her ex husband and his family joined the thread saying what a witch etc she was, and I think sharing personal things.

She had a book out and people claimed to get advanced copies, put 1 star reviews and contacted a book shop on her tour claiming she was racists so that book shop stop was cancelled.

It does seem that these people were going to extreme lengths to interfere in her life, and her influencer business and book sales

All this lead her to consider suicide which she talked about but that seemed to add more fuel to the fire. She said in the 38 min video she left social media for a while and even bought a gun and considered doing a live story where she shot herself.

She was very upset that her ex husband & his family were on this thread. And in the end got some sort of private investigator to find out who some of the people were and named them. She is still willing to post more names of people who are saying untrue things about her and risk their own careers.

There was a lot more she talked about. But I guess the bottom line was don’t online bully social media influencers. It made her think about suicide (there was a term she used which I think the thread made fun of). And she got really close to suicide.

Just had a look at the 38 miniters IG stories today where she talks about people commenting on “she is not the person I thought she was”. She gets angry saying that is not her responsibility to live up to a stranger on the internets idea of her. Now those people don’t live up to her expectations as she thought her followers were nice.

Think that the age of the influencer (as we currently know it) is crashing and burning. I’m sad that some of these people went to such extremes to try to ruin her career. But she maybe built that career on creating an illusion whereby people aligned or aspired to be. Now she is condemning freedom of speech when people have just spoken out saying she is not the person she made out to be.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.