Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #3 Conversations from the Ego

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont think it is a big deal to have a child witnessing a birth, what is wrong with that? As a child I grew up in a farm and saw all sorts of animals giving birth and there wasnt anything traumatising about it, so seeing a human giving birth is the most natural thing that can happen.
I think watching a farm animal give birth is different than watching your mother give birth. There is blood and pain and it can be a bit intense. It might be distressing for a small child to see their mother suffering and in pain.

Reactions: 3
I think watching a farm animal give birth is different than watching your mother give birth. There is blood and pain and it can be a bit intense. It might be distressing for a small child to see their mother suffering and in pain.
I thought so to however I looked this up but its actually a thing.. like it should be ok. But depends on how sensitive the child is and how well you explain everything. Whats also striking to me is that Lea seems the baby as like a playmate and that her mom did it for her, really curious how she will react to someone else stealing all the attention..

Reactions: 4
The podcast today may be the most unhinged tit I’ve ever heard her spout. Did y’all know that badgering someone to sell their house is the same thing as “manifesting”? It is. Totally is. Also daddy’s property didn’t help at all. She can make things happen out of thin air, she is SO magical. I can’t wrap my head around her hearing herself tell the entire “how we got the farm” story, and then calling it…. Manifesting. Maybe it’s manifesting, maybe it’s extreme wealth and white privilege, hmmmm.

Reactions: 11
The podcast today may be the most unhinged tit I’ve ever heard her spout. Did y’all know that badgering someone to sell their house is the same thing as “manifesting”? It is. Totally is. Also daddy’s property didn’t help at all. She can make things happen out of thin air, she is SO magical. I can’t wrap my head around her hearing herself tell the entire “how we got the farm” story, and then calling it…. Manifesting. Maybe it’s manifesting, maybe it’s extreme wealth and white privilege, hmmmm.
Ugh she said before during black life matters that it was a lot of priviledge and that manifesting is white bs. But now that change cuz it serves her narrative. So is it the same house as she stayed before, where she tried to pursue the owner who did not want to sell, or not? Thats still very unclear to me.

Reactions: 2
I thought so to however I looked this up but its actually a thing.. like it should be ok. But depends on how sensitive the child is and how well you explain everything. Whats also striking to me is that Lea seems the baby as like a playmate and that her mom did it for her, really curious how she will react to someone else stealing all the attention..
This is how I feel. I definitely understand different viewpoints on the matter, but I think as long as Lea understands what is going on, it's fine. The question for me is will Rachel and Dennis prep her properly? I know Rachel used to be pretty diligent about prepping Lea for changes like starting school or one of the parents going on a big trip (she used to talk about how she would start discussing it with Lea waaaay in advance so it wasn't a shock when it was happening, and letting her feel anything that came up along the way without the pressure of "isn't this so exciting/fun/new?!"). Now I worry more that, since Lea is a little guru sent from above to guide Rachel on ethical matters, Rachel won't explain things fully to her because she'll just assume "Lea *knows*" and can emotionally manage it on her own. I also don't think Rachel and Dennis will account for the fact that Lea has had a bleeping hard two years due to Rachel upending literally everything about her life, and seems to (understandably) be struggling with that quite a bit. And that being around for the birth, while it might normally be okay for Lea, could absolutely become too much given the mental/emotional space that she seems to be in. However, none of that fits Rachel's narrative, so I have little hope for that kind of awareness from her.

Also confused about whether their newest spot on the farm is the first place they landed at, and the episode description is vague about it, probably intentionally? I'd imagine Rachel is still very attached to the narrative of that land being meant for her, and is being intentionally misleading to make it sound as if their current place *could* be that first spot that she badgered them owners about. I completely agree that it's not "manifesting" when you have enough wealth and privilege to bulldoze other people and pressure them into giving, or telling, you what you want. For those that listened, what's the "complicated history" of their farm?

Reactions: 1
I honestly think she says all this bs - about the farm, about the birth, about manifesting, about veganism, etc - just to continue to be relevant. Without the drama, no one would care about her.

The podcast today may be the most unhinged tit I’ve ever heard her spout. Did y’all know that badgering someone to sell their house is the same thing as “manifesting”?
Thanks for listening, I can’t handle her inane bullshit. Her selfish faux-self care nonsense is too much. She flaunts her privilege and repackages it as wellness wannabe-guru bullshit. I wish she understood how awful she has allowed herself to become, but she’s riding this wave of she’s right and nobody else matters and there’s no way she’s problematic, she’s just grateful and manifests everything she has. Newsflash, when you’re born with money and privilege you didn’t manifest tit. 😂

Reactions: 6
Even if being with Rachel when she is delivering her Baby will not traumatize Lea, my question is, why should she witness it? She can not help, in my opinion it is not a necessary experience for her and if she reacts not how Rachel and Dennis predict, what then? They can not care about Lea in that moment. Or of something went wrong during birth and things get messy? I think it is reckless and selfish.

Reactions: 2
Ugh she said before during black life matters that it was a lot of priviledge and that manifesting is white bs. But now that change cuz it serves her narrative. So is it the same house as she stayed before, where she tried to pursue the owner who did not want to sell, or not? Thats still very unclear to me.
This is not the same property they first stayed at. You know, the one where THIS WAS IT and it HAD to be that exact land bc she felt it in her soul. She badgered those owners and they refused to sell. She badgered the woman who owned the farm for almost a year and the woman relented, probably just wanting to get away from this crazy woman. Now THIS is the property for them, she knows it in her soul.

Quote on her podcast: " I haven't told you the story of how we found this place. I'm gonna, today's the day I'm gonna bring you up to speed with kind of our new lives as farmers, our new lives "

SHES NOT A FARMER!!! SHE WILL BE LIVING IN A "FARMHOUSE STYLE HOME"-- THERES A DIFFERENCE.
I love her cosplay from one side of the lifestyle spectrum to the other!!!

Quote: "So we got to Aruba, things got really hard and I was like, okay, well we need to talk to somebody. It was just, I don't know anybody. I mean I know a lot of you listening, you're married or you've had your partner for a long time and there, there has been very few moments in mine and Dennis's relationship where we've arrived at like a standstill where we have all of a sudden, you know, we're so deep in a fight or so deep in an issue or a problem where it's like I can't see the path, you know, I can't see the way out. "------- cue the glue baby. Sounds like Dennis can't deal with Rachels my way or the highway of throw away EVERYTHING CAUSE LIFE IS MOLD.

Last edited:
Thank you for listening, so we don’t have to lol truly! I love how she has just bulldozed over anything Dennis has expressed, ahem the last couples podcast, and is set on this faux farm lifestyle. She is a gardener at best, and even then you know she hires help. This “farm” will be a glorified petting zoo where I am assuming they’ll eat the animals eventually. The people she hires may be farmers, so does that count?

The wounds from Aruba are all Dennis, but leave it to Rachel to co-opt his pain and make it her own. She got everything she wanted, he’s the one who has to deal. Maybe he should take over the podcast? Lol people could probably relate to it again if it’s about him trying to reconcile the fact that he is living a life he didn’t sign up for and very much protested. She can’t even deny that cause in every podcast he has said no to even having a farm animal and in the most recent of stories he was saying no to horses. Clearly he’s living her dream. She seems to have a new one every 5 years.

Reactions: 5
Thank you for listening, so we don’t have to lol truly! I love how she has just bulldozed over anything Dennis has expressed, ahem the last couples podcast, and is set on this faux farm lifestyle. She is a gardener at best, and even then you know she hires help. This “farm” will be a glorified petting zoo where I am assuming they’ll eat the animals eventually. The people she hires may be farmers, so does that count?

The wounds from Aruba are all Dennis, but leave it to Rachel to co-opt his pain and make it her own. She got everything she wanted, he’s the one who has to deal. Maybe he should take over the podcast? Lol people could probably relate to it again if it’s about him trying to reconcile the fact that he is living a life he didn’t sign up for and very much protested. She can’t even deny that cause in every podcast he has said no to even having a farm animal and in the most recent of stories he was saying no to horses. Clearly he’s living her dream. She seems to have a new one every 5 years.
I dont listen :ROFLMAO: , I cant give her numbers for her advertisers to give her more money. I sometimes, hate-skim over the transcript of the podcast to see what karma has hopefully come her way.

Dennis clearly did not want to move. And I'm surprised they take the journey to Aruba as much as they seem to. Its a long and expensive journey but Dennis is stuck.

Check out Dennis’a story today. Some nostalgic old clip from a black & white film of 1950s in Aruba. He is struggling.

Quote on her podcast: " I haven't told you the story of how we found this place. I'm gonna, today's the day I'm gonna bring you up to speed with kind of our new lives as farmers, our new lives "

SHES NOT A FARMER!!! SHE WILL BE LIVING IN A "FARMHOUSE STYLE HOME"-- THERES A DIFFERENCE.
I love her cosplay from one side of the lifestyle spectrum to the other!!!
This is an insult to real farmers everywhere. Farming is very hard, often very physical, work where you typically do not make a lot of money. We all know Rachel would never do really hard physical work for not a lot of money.

Last edited:
While it’s fair to say they gave Aruba 10 years, it makes sense they would try another place, the way YG went about it is so terrible. She needs the Universe to blame, so the isn’t accountable for their “journey to the farm.”

There’s just no compromise, and it’s hilarious (and sad) when she claims to compromise, when really she is just bending on something she already got. Like okay move to Sweden, but don’t strap yourself down in the middle of nowhere with a farm that Dennis desperately did not want. She pretends like in private he’s all about “their dream” but he’s pretty upfront about not wanting any of it. Does she really think people can’t see that?

While it’s fair to say they gave Aruba 10 years, it makes sense they would try another place, the way YG went about it is so terrible. She needs the Universe to blame, so the isn’t accountable for their “journey to the farm.”

There’s just no compromise, and it’s hilarious (and sad) when she claims to compromise, when really she is just bending on something she already got. Like okay move to Sweden, but don’t strap yourself down in the middle of nowhere with a farm that Dennis desperately did not want. She pretends like in private he’s all about “their dream” but he’s pretty upfront about not wanting any of it. Does she really think people can’t see that?
She gave tidbits about their therapy convo's in how he is overwhelmed by her grand plans and money spending. He's always worried about how they will get the funds etc. and she brags about her genius in making things happen (*cough* exploiting people to donate to her and buy her peddled sweat bags) and Dennis is always there to Debbie Down her dreams and bring her closer to Earth---(about not buying three homes perhaps? lol) Dennis is from poverty basically, and Rachel is a spoiled rich witch so she knows no other way.

I also think the excuse of ~I, Rachel, gave tropical paradise in my mansion 10 years~ so that entitles her to make the choice to upheave it all for the whole fam no exceptions... She was the one who moved to Aruba and chose to live and marry a local from there.

Anyways she's an ass. I have no sympathy. :ROFLMAO:

Check out Dennis’a story today. Some nostalgic old clip from a black & white film of 1950s in Aruba. He is struggling.
Exactly. The struggle for Dennis is real.. I mean... clear blue sunshine waters to muddy brown leech infested waters. Hmmm...

• Haha
Oof, it’s gonna be rough, especially if she goes on spouting nonsense “facts and stats” and steam rolling Dennis into their shared dream. 😂 We need @bffr ’s roundup now more than ever!

Reactions: 1
I listened to the podcast this week and it actually made me feel sick to listen to. Her podcast is literally anti-therapy. she thinks its self-help, but nothing makes me feel worse to listen to. I dont know why I did this week, probably for the trainwreck of it. And... what a trainwreck this episode was.
- she started off by talking about her and Dennis' therapy session saying that is related but im not sure how it is... then goes into a slightly confusing story about how she aquired this "dream farm" she has.... so let me tell you for all those that didnt listen because this story is so so so gross (and sorry if its confusing, this is what i put together from the story).
- i will begin with the first property rachel stayed at when she fled aruba with Lea and stayed in that place where she was harrassing the owners to sell but they didnt want to. She said that property gave her a "feeling" that she knew this was what she wanted, so she had been looking for something similar ever since those people didnt want to sell to her. so no, the "dream farm" is not the same property she wanted, but it "led her" to the dream farm because she knew exactly what she wanted now.
- she learned about this "dream farm" from her dad, because he owns a property that the farm kind of wraps around. The farm has a weird back story, she says. there is one old lady living on the farm all by herself. she's been there for about 30 years. her kids have grown up and all moved out, and I think her husband may have passed away. Obviously this farm is important to this old woman, because this is where she lived for years and raised a family.
- the old woman almost sold the farm once before. in fact she kind of did. she sold it to a man but then decided she didnt want to sell and went to court about it to reverse the sale, and she was successful, so this old woman stayed on the farm after this. its sad to me because obviously its hard for an older woman to stay on a big property and maintain it by herself, but this is clearly her home that she loves and doesnt want to part with it.
- Here comes in Rachel. Rachel went to visit her dads property in the middle of the farm because since he owns it "she has a right to be there." And rachel fell in love with the farm property. Surprise surprise. This is the property that Rachel MUST HAVE. It gives her the same *feeling* and guess what - she can walk barefoot to the water!!!
- Rachel begins "working" on this old woman for 8 months, trying to get her to sell. Shes being nice, mowing the old lady's lawn. and then get this, rachel actually says "but obiouvly we had ulterior motives for doing this".
- Eventually Rachel is successful at her manipulation game and she buys the property from the woman
- Rachel says yes, in the end, it was very hard for the old woman to leave her home and it was a bit dramatic at the end and it was really hard for RACHEL, but rachel isnt going to get into the drama of it. Rachel clearly does not give a tit about this old lady, sheesh shes basically like "dont let the door hit you on the way out" to the poor woman so she can move in ASAP.
- rachel calls this "manifesting a dream".... i would call it literally bullying and manipulating someone to leave their home so she can take over and i dont know how she sleeps at night.
- during this 8 month process of "working" on this lady to get her to sell, dennis tells rachel to drop it, that its not going to happen, that it could take 10 years. but of course because its Rachel, she doesnt drop it *fake rachel laugh* Rachel gets what rachel wants NOW!
- she says dennis is afraid of her ability to "manifest" things, which came out in therapy. I think Dennis is probably just a normal human who is realizing that his wife is manipulating an older woman out of her home before she may be ready, and Dennis doesnt feel good about it.
- rachel humble brags about how good she is at manifesting things (AKA kicking old woman out of their home for 30+ years)
- Rachel convinces herself that the old lady reversed the sale with that man she sold to because he was going to "break up the land into 6 plots and just profit off it" whereas Rachel wants to ~tend to the land and treat it as sacred and the woman could recognize that in her heart~ puke.
- hope no one else has to listen to this episode because it truly is gross. this is not manifesting a dream. this is getting what you want at the expense of others, pretending it was a life dream when really its what she wants now in this moment, and im sure we will see in a few years time, she has gottten sick of farm life and will be up to something else.
- if there is one thing rachel is unfortunately good at, it is manipulating people. thats how shes gotten everything she has, and im sorry to hear shes proud of this abilty of hers. Gotta go puke now, byeeeee

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
OMG. And thanks for the recap passthecheese. She is unbelievable. Exactly, this is MANIPULATING not MANIFESTING.

- the old woman almost sold the farm once before. in fact she kind of did. she sold it to a man but then decided she didnt want to sell and went to court about it to reverse the sale, and she was successful, so this old woman stayed on the farm after this. its sad to me because obviously its hard for an older woman to stay on a big property and maintain it by herself, but this is clearly her home that she loves and doesnt want to part with it.
- Here comes in Rachel. Rachel went to visit her dads property in the middle of the farm because since he owns it "she has a right to be there." And rachel fell in love with the farm property. Surprise surprise. This is the property that Rachel MUST HAVE. It gives her the same *feeling* and guess what - she can walk barefoot to the water!!!
I blanched when I read that! "~*~DADDY OWNS a random portion of this property in the middle of this old woman's homestead! I have the RIGHT to be there to scope out her home like a total creep, while lap dog Dennis mows the lawn.~*~" I got total Veruca Salt vibes from Willy Wonka. I WANT IT NOW DADDY!!!!

Rachel even says the woman was skeptical like, wondering why some idiot was there nosing around all the time. But yes, the old woman just finally figured out Rachel was a woman of the Earth, an angel among demons, so of course, she was WiLliNg to sell to Guru Rachel. Because she is the woman from braiding sweet grass.

• Angry
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.