Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #3 Conversations from the Ego

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All I could think about reading that were Dennis and Lea, who are now being coerced into farm life with what sounds like exactly zero input from either of them, by Rachel trying to fill up the black hole in her heart through pseudo-spiritual bullshit. The whole narrative is that this is what Rachel wants and how Rachel is being "guided by the universe" towards the property, oh and Dennis is crying but it's fine.It really sounds like she has decided that this is what their family is going to do, even with Dennis outwardly and actively telling her "no I don't want this," like she just came home and announced "I saw this farm and it's what we want. Dennis you're going to mow the lawn this coming Tuesday afternoon while Lea and I go have fika with her to try and convince her to sell." That is just... so horrifying and ego-centered.

And her manipulation of this poor old woman is abhorrent!!! I really hope more of her followers are able to see through the façade that she's trying to put up over what is a terrible story of her being a complete privileged asshole. I'm truly quite stunned at the level of self-centeredness and spinning of the story (spinning in the political sense) that she's engaging with here, although I suppose I shouldn't be.

Reactions: 5
Thank you @passthecheese for the recap.

No one in this world can convince me Rachel isn't a narcissist and I'd even go as far as to say that she has sociopath tendencies.

That single mindedness and willingness to do whatever it takes to get what she wants? That absolute certainty that *she* is special, powerful, deserving of everything in the world? That completely lack of care for others' feelings? None of this is manifesting or being in tune with the universe nor any other nonsense like that.

Reactions: 4
Thank you @passthecheese for the recap.

No one in this world can convince me Rachel isn't a narcissist and I'd even go as far as to say that she has sociopath tendencies.

That single mindedness and willingness to do whatever it takes to get what she wants? That absolute certainty that *she* is special, powerful, deserving of everything in the world? That completely lack of care for others' feelings? None of this is manifesting or being in tune with the universe nor any other nonsense like that.
She has evolved into a real creep. All that early success and adoration went to her head and she thinks very highly of herself. Couple that with money and you have a spoiled, selfish, ego-driven person devoid of true concern for others. Personally, I think her father may be somewhat the same with all his vast wealth, even though he started out pretty shady is his younger days

I listened to the podcast this week and it actually made me feel sick to listen to. Her podcast is literally anti-therapy. she thinks its self-help, but nothing makes me feel worse to listen to. I dont know why I did this week, probably for the trainwreck of it. And... what a trainwreck this episode was.
- she started off by talking about her and Dennis' therapy session saying that is related but im not sure how it is... then goes into a slightly confusing story about how she aquired this "dream farm" she has.... so let me tell you for all those that didnt listen because this story is so so so gross (and sorry if its confusing, this is what i put together from the story).
- i will begin with the first property rachel stayed at when she fled aruba with Lea and stayed in that place where she was harrassing the owners to sell but they didnt want to. She said that property gave her a "feeling" that she knew this was what she wanted, so she had been looking for something similar ever since those people didnt want to sell to her. so no, the "dream farm" is not the same property she wanted, but it "led her" to the dream farm because she knew exactly what she wanted now.
- she learned about this "dream farm" from her dad, because he owns a property that the farm kind of wraps around. The farm has a weird back story, she says. there is one old lady living on the farm all by herself. she's been there for about 30 years. her kids have grown up and all moved out, and I think her husband may have passed away. Obviously this farm is important to this old woman, because this is where she lived for years and raised a family.
- the old woman almost sold the farm once before. in fact she kind of did. she sold it to a man but then decided she didnt want to sell and went to court about it to reverse the sale, and she was successful, so this old woman stayed on the farm after this. its sad to me because obviously its hard for an older woman to stay on a big property and maintain it by herself, but this is clearly her home that she loves and doesnt want to part with it.
- Here comes in Rachel. Rachel went to visit her dads property in the middle of the farm because since he owns it "she has a right to be there." And rachel fell in love with the farm property. Surprise surprise. This is the property that Rachel MUST HAVE. It gives her the same *feeling* and guess what - she can walk barefoot to the water!!!
- Rachel begins "working" on this old woman for 8 months, trying to get her to sell. Shes being nice, mowing the old lady's lawn. and then get this, rachel actually says "but obiouvly we had ulterior motives for doing this".
- Eventually Rachel is successful at her manipulation game and she buys the property from the woman
- Rachel says yes, in the end, it was very hard for the old woman to leave her home and it was a bit dramatic at the end and it was really hard for RACHEL, but rachel isnt going to get into the drama of it. Rachel clearly does not give a tit about this old lady, sheesh shes basically like "dont let the door hit you on the way out" to the poor woman so she can move in ASAP.
- rachel calls this "manifesting a dream".... i would call it literally bullying and manipulating someone to leave their home so she can take over and i dont know how she sleeps at night.
- during this 8 month process of "working" on this lady to get her to sell, dennis tells rachel to drop it, that its not going to happen, that it could take 10 years. but of course because its Rachel, she doesnt drop it *fake rachel laugh* Rachel gets what rachel wants NOW!
- she says dennis is afraid of her ability to "manifest" things, which came out in therapy. I think Dennis is probably just a normal human who is realizing that his wife is manipulating an older woman out of her home before she may be ready, and Dennis doesnt feel good about it.
- rachel humble brags about how good she is at manifesting things (AKA kicking old woman out of their home for 30+ years)
- Rachel convinces herself that the old lady reversed the sale with that man she sold to because he was going to "break up the land into 6 plots and just profit off it" whereas Rachel wants to ~tend to the land and treat it as sacred and the woman could recognize that in her heart~ puke.
- hope no one else has to listen to this episode because it truly is gross. this is not manifesting a dream. this is getting what you want at the expense of others, pretending it was a life dream when really its what she wants now in this moment, and im sure we will see in a few years time, she has gottten sick of farm life and will be up to something else.
- if there is one thing rachel is unfortunately good at, it is manipulating people. thats how shes gotten everything she has, and im sorry to hear shes proud of this abilty of hers. Gotta go puke now, byeeeee
This whole story is so completely sad and massively lacks any sensitivities of true compassion. She has no insight into how this widow may be feeling. Its just so stuck up her own arse and what she wants. And the trendy twilight twinkle topping of "manifesting" over being in a position of power and demanding, compared to the sensualities of actual witchcraft and real manifestation, can she even begin to fathem what manifestation means with her big selfish head. I hate that she uses strong words so easily to make us think she is genuine and special. Like DreamerDahlia above just said, she is like a politician with her language and Bullshit look away mirages. Borkiest bork ever BORK 🤢🤮😡😡😡💩

Last edited:
I listened to the podcast this week and it actually made me feel sick to listen to. Her podcast is literally anti-therapy. she thinks its self-help, but nothing makes me feel worse to listen to. I dont know why I did this week, probably for the trainwreck of it. And... what a trainwreck this episode was.
- she started off by talking about her and Dennis' therapy session saying that is related but im not sure how it is... then goes into a slightly confusing story about how she aquired this "dream farm" she has.... so let me tell you for all those that didnt listen because this story is so so so gross (and sorry if its confusing, this is what i put together from the story).
- i will begin with the first property rachel stayed at when she fled aruba with Lea and stayed in that place where she was harrassing the owners to sell but they didnt want to. She said that property gave her a "feeling" that she knew this was what she wanted, so she had been looking for something similar ever since those people didnt want to sell to her. so no, the "dream farm" is not the same property she wanted, but it "led her" to the dream farm because she knew exactly what she wanted now.
- she learned about this "dream farm" from her dad, because he owns a property that the farm kind of wraps around. The farm has a weird back story, she says. there is one old lady living on the farm all by herself. she's been there for about 30 years. her kids have grown up and all moved out, and I think her husband may have passed away. Obviously this farm is important to this old woman, because this is where she lived for years and raised a family.
- the old woman almost sold the farm once before. in fact she kind of did. she sold it to a man but then decided she didnt want to sell and went to court about it to reverse the sale, and she was successful, so this old woman stayed on the farm after this. its sad to me because obviously its hard for an older woman to stay on a big property and maintain it by herself, but this is clearly her home that she loves and doesnt want to part with it.
- Here comes in Rachel. Rachel went to visit her dads property in the middle of the farm because since he owns it "she has a right to be there." And rachel fell in love with the farm property. Surprise surprise. This is the property that Rachel MUST HAVE. It gives her the same *feeling* and guess what - she can walk barefoot to the water!!!
- Rachel begins "working" on this old woman for 8 months, trying to get her to sell. Shes being nice, mowing the old lady's lawn. and then get this, rachel actually says "but obiouvly we had ulterior motives for doing this".
- Eventually Rachel is successful at her manipulation game and she buys the property from the woman
- Rachel says yes, in the end, it was very hard for the old woman to leave her home and it was a bit dramatic at the end and it was really hard for RACHEL, but rachel isnt going to get into the drama of it. Rachel clearly does not give a tit about this old lady, sheesh shes basically like "dont let the door hit you on the way out" to the poor woman so she can move in ASAP.
- rachel calls this "manifesting a dream".... i would call it literally bullying and manipulating someone to leave their home so she can take over and i dont know how she sleeps at night.
- during this 8 month process of "working" on this lady to get her to sell, dennis tells rachel to drop it, that its not going to happen, that it could take 10 years. but of course because its Rachel, she doesnt drop it *fake rachel laugh* Rachel gets what rachel wants NOW!
- she says dennis is afraid of her ability to "manifest" things, which came out in therapy. I think Dennis is probably just a normal human who is realizing that his wife is manipulating an older woman out of her home before she may be ready, and Dennis doesnt feel good about it.
- rachel humble brags about how good she is at manifesting things (AKA kicking old woman out of their home for 30+ years)
- Rachel convinces herself that the old lady reversed the sale with that man she sold to because he was going to "break up the land into 6 plots and just profit off it" whereas Rachel wants to ~tend to the land and treat it as sacred and the woman could recognize that in her heart~ puke.
- hope no one else has to listen to this episode because it truly is gross. this is not manifesting a dream. this is getting what you want at the expense of others, pretending it was a life dream when really its what she wants now in this moment, and im sure we will see in a few years time, she has gottten sick of farm life and will be up to something else.
- if there is one thing rachel is unfortunately good at, it is manipulating people. thats how shes gotten everything she has, and im sorry to hear shes proud of this abilty of hers. Gotta go puke now, byeeeee
I was flabbergasted by this! She was like a shark circling this old woman to get what she wants. "Manifesting" my arse! I'm so glad you all thought the same. And is no one else among her followers seeing how absolutely horrible she is? Felt totally sick reading the transcript. Can't listen to her her ranting and fake laughing.

No matter if she gets her dream house, has her perfect family set up, eats the best food and is physically healthy, let's herself feel her emotions, she will still have these rages inside that makes her unsettled because she knows she is driven by immoral things. Not yogic at all.

I'm all for people feeling their feels and learning we aren't failures if we feel sad, it doesn't correlate to a lack of gratitude.
But she really just uses her platform to moan and humblebrag and sets up this phony salt of the earth persona. Of course she feels deeply tit, her ego is massive and rather ugly (from my humble POV)

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Unfortunately, I listened to the podcast also. It was A LOT of cringe. She does reference her ability to easily “conjure” (aka manifest) things with, as previous posters have noted, zero recognition that this is in large part due to her rich daddy and her privilege. In her mind, she is just some wildly gifted wunderkin and spiritual guru. 🙄

Re: the current cabin they are staying in, her daddy hooked her up with this, as someone nearby was moving out of their house and it was available. They don’t own it. Unclear whether they paid rent or not. They did those improvements - like the bathroom, deck, garden boxes, etc. So weird to me how someone can afford to do improvements to a property they don’t own. Maybe that was in exchange for staying there in lieu of rent. Who knows.

Re: the new place, her dad also owned the land that their new houses are on and they bought the surrounding farm land from the old lady. So her dad hooked her up there also. Unclear whether they paid her dad for the property with the houses on, but I doubt it. She mentioned her brother also lives nearby on a farm her dad owns. So Rachel, you were lucky enough to be born to a dad that is rich and that’s why you were able to live in the current property and the new one. U aren’t a special, magical gifted unicorn. At least no more so than anyone else. Get over yourself, please.

in other news, she insists Dennis doesn’t want to move back to Aruba. Sure, Jan. Or maybe Dennis is punking us. 🤣

Oh and she really went after that property trying to get the old lady to sell it under the guise of taking care of her dad’s property. It reminded me of how she went after the other couple at the other property where she was renting when she first came back to Sweden.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Soooo what I’m hearing is Rachel Brathen is now ostracizing and pissing off people in Sweden?

Thank you to those who listened! I am glad I didn’t because just reading this is sick. If you have to convince someone to do something they don’t want to do it, which is fine when it’s like say convincing a child to eat their veggies, but an old lady to leave her lifetime home? That’s truly low, even for Rachel Brathen.

I would love to hear this woman’s side of the story, or her kids even, but I’m willing to bet part of the deal included an NDA. Rachel is at that level of image control where NDA’s are needed or she would be called out constantly.

Reactions: 10
They are moving. Rachel looks like a granny with this hideous lipstick and Dennis looks so done with everything. She's talking how there is construction work still going on and meanwhile the cleaning crew is also there. (Sidenote I've done after construction cleaning while they still paint/walk around etc it's frustrating and useless), and they are moving their stuff over meanwhile. What's the need to rush all of this, it's not like they are running on a tight schedule with their daily lives. The only thing I see is that she could post picture perfect Christmas photos of their new farm. She didn't have time to brush her teeth but has time to record stories and move over one plant. She really is a privileged joke

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
They are moving. Rachel looks like a granny with this hideous lipstick and Dennis looks so done with everything. She's talking how there is construction work still going on and meanwhile the cleaning crew is also there. (Sidenote I've done after construction cleaning while they still paint/walk around etc it's frustrating and useless), and they are moving their stuff over meanwhile. What's the need to rush all of this, it's not like they are running on a tight schedule with their daily lives. The only thing I see is that she could post picture perfect Christmas photos of their new farm. She didn't have time to brush her teeth but has time to record stories and move over one plant. She really is a privileged joke
When is she going to understand that lipstick does not look good on her? And why does her skin look like leather chap pants?

Also, not surprised she's a fan of Meghan and Harry. Privileged whiny wankers all around.

Attachments

Oooff that lipstick reaaallly aint it..

yes why the rush? Why rush in the week before christmas?

Oooff that lipstick reaaallly aint it..

yes why the rush? Why rush in the week before christmas?
Cause Queen Rachel wants to move and she wants it NOW. I doubt there's any other reason. Rushing during Christmas time, more upheaval for Lea, Rachel is according to here having more tiredness this pregnancy. Makes no sense.

Reactions: 6
How gross to not brush your teeth (probably not wash face either) and put on ugly lipstick, and go out. How do you not have time to wash up before you go out?? Who puts makeup on an unwashed mouth. She is disgusting.

Cause Queen Rachel wants to move and she wants it NOW. I doubt there's any other reason. Rushing during Christmas time, more upheaval for Lea, Rachel is according to here having more tiredness this pregnancy. Makes no sense.
She makes less sense with each passing day.

When is she going to understand that lipstick does not look good on her? And why does her skin look like leather chap pants?

Also, not surprised she's a fan of Meghan and Harry. Privileged whiny wankers all around.
I know...Meghan Markle, it figures. She is a bit like her, although less of a social climber.

Last edited:

Yes exactly. She doesn't have a mind that discerns, she just agrees with every Hollywood celeb and their multimillionaire privledged thoughts on. After all she's like the Markle's--- has no job but is rich! It's hard being criticized for that.

RANT: Girl is obsessed with America and shooting off about their policies. WORRY ABOUT SWEDEN, talk about the issues there and how backwards people are who don't think exactly like you are. But she never has tit to say about Sweden. Because oh wait, it might make people dislike her there. Like it did in Aruba when they wanted her unpatriotic/ungrateful/whiny/rich ass out. Don't I hear of the crime in Sweden going through the roof? Yet shes there--nice and silent on it. She needs to be a performative activist for countries far far away. Not actually someone who does "activism" in real life for her country to make it better.

How gross to not brush your teeth (probably not wash face either) and put on ugly lipstick, and go out. How do you not have time to wash up before you go out?? Who puts makeup on an unwashed mouth. She is disgusting.
:ROFLMAO: it's true. What's weird is she looks worse with makeup. How does that happen? Usually it enhances women's beauty, but it makes her look fug.. (I'm an ass) but so is she so its ok to say.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Prayers for Rachel, they won't be sleeping in the new home tonight since Lea came down with a cold.

Why is she such a selfish, chaotic person?

I was just looking at Rachel’s most recent reel ‘peace’:. and then saw her most recent story. Is that even the same person? she does not give off the same vibes or energy at all. I do keep up to date with this group, which is something i feel a little ashamed over, but i used to be one of these overly attached people to rachel, her podcast WAS my weekly therapy. But now she’s completely changed. Does anyone else feel sad about that? I feel silly lol

Also…Did anyone else see that shama posted a reel of lea and her doing Christmas crafts which has since been deleted… Rachel has been out overnight and Lea is obviously staying with Shama, my guess is that Rachel asked her to delete it, I wonder why? The snowmen posts are obviously Rachel approved however. I used to always believe Rachel’s narrative about her mother, but now I feel sorry for Shama, and Lea whose mother is repeating the patterns she has made money out of bashing and resenting and ‘healing’ from.

Attachments

• Heart
I don't think her new life will turn out well.

Anything that is obtained by deception, selfishness, taking advantage of others lacks a solid foundation and this will come back to haunt her.

I also don't like her angel wings eye brows and teenager-pink lipstick.

Reactions: 3
I was just looking at Rachel’s most recent reel ‘peace’:. and then saw her most recent story. Is that even the same person? she does not give off the same vibes or energy at all. I do keep up to date with this group, which is something i feel a little ashamed over, but i used to be one of these overly attached people to rachel, her podcast WAS my weekly therapy. But now she’s completely changed. Does anyone else feel sad about that? I feel silly lol
I definitely know what you mean! This is the only space to criticize a person with a public persona that I've ever posted in, honestly. Just because I felt like I was going crazy thinking she was spouting a ton of red flags, misinformation, and stories that were so out of touch with her privilege that it was delusional, but all of her social media comments were nothing but positive. It's just a relief knowing others are seeing through her too! But I was also very attached to her for a while and thought she was "one of the good ones." Maybe there aren't any good ones at all, but it still stings knowing that someone who I thought was actually real and authentic turned out to be just another white influencer lady trying to cover up their insecurity with wellness trend after wellness turned.

As for Shama, I totally believed Rachel's narrative too, but have been wondering more lately how much is embellished. And it really is horrible watching Rachel bash her mother for being unstable and then, in the same breath, talk about how they're moving Lea to a different country with a language she doesn't speak, a completely different climate, no friends and not particularly close to other people, a new school, changing her diet and going back on all the ethical reasons she told Lea they ate that way, moving to a new house every few months, fighting openly with her father who seems miserable, and now having a new baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Also…Did anyone else see that shama posted a reel of lea and her doing Christmas crafts which has since been deleted… Rachel has been out overnight and Lea is obviously staying with Shama, my guess is that Rachel asked her to delete it, I wonder why? The snowmen posts are obviously Rachel approved however. I used to always believe Rachel’s narrative about her mother, but now I feel sorry for Shama, and Lea whose mother is repeating the patterns she has made money out of bashing and resenting and ‘healing’ from.
An "authentic and vulnerable" filter is the difference. I'm not sure why she posted that weird one with her mouth ajar.

Also let go of the shame and lean into letting it out about authentic Rachel haha

Side note has anyone listened to Shama's podcast on her onlyfans backlash?

Oh lord she can't even wear crappy lipstick without it being a big deal and a daily event and of course at the end having to advertise it. As if anyone is looking at her lips and thinking they want to be oh so like magical Rachel. Her lips look tight from being so highly strung, flapping her bullshit, anxious, and constipated all the time. Very pursed. I don't normally like to point out her looks, but she just is so far from a teacher and so much a crap influencer I can't help it.
Pretends she is not an influencer but likes to think she is influencing people about make up, clothes, lifestyles, foods. 🤢

Is the fake laugh when she is telling her mundane stories, trying to trick us into thinking she's likable and chilled out. She's not

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.